Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Something just occured to me. « previous next »
Page: 1

Wilson

Practice Squad

: December 07, 2009, 11:56:55 AM

Our O Line has been such a let down this year. We can't run the ball and the pass protection has been average at best.  We have invested a lot in this group. One 1st round pick on a guard, one 2nd round pick on a guard, one 3rd round pick on a guard, one 2nd round pick on a RT, and  the highest paid center in the league. Before I hear the "we don't have Sears this year"...they weren't getting the job done last year either.

Here is my point. Do you think they are not living up to expectations because they compete against our crappy D Line in practice? That has to make a difference. It must be night and day for this group when they go up against other teams D Lines. What do you guys think?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 07, 2009, 12:04:14 PM

I think they have no faith in the FO. How are they supposed to do well, when OC's and DC's are fired every week? They don't know whats going to happen next. They're riding a rollercoaster they have no control of. It would help them a great deal if they knew what direction the team is going, or what playcalls are going to be made.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 07, 2009, 12:05:32 PM

Freeman had a lot of time and we ran the ball yesterday..

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 07, 2009, 12:16:47 PM

I think the poor performance from the OL has a lot to do with the OC and how the offense has been called for years. Unfortunately, Coach Olsoeoeoeon hasn't helped himself to shed the rep that he's just running the Gruden offense again. This offseason is going to be key for the offense and Olson, if he remains as OC.

Wilson

Practice Squad

#4 : December 07, 2009, 12:22:19 PM

I mean looking at the whole season.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 07, 2009, 12:35:28 PM

I mean looking at the whole season.

Donald Penn - Serviceable, but hard to upgrade his position
Jeremy Zuttah - Decent starter IF the Bucs stick with ZBS
Jeff Faine - Overrated meanwhile the Saints offensive line isn't missing a beat
Davin Joseph - Too inconsistent for a first round pick. 
Jeremy Trueblood - Without penalties he is serviceable

The Bucs have to determine their offensive identity primarily?  Then they can choose if they will go with a ZBS or man to man blocking.

Once that is determined they can see what areas they can upgrade on the offensive line.  The Bucs do need to find a feature back, but upgrading the offensive line should be a higher priority.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 07, 2009, 12:48:11 PM

Hopefully Sears will be back to last years level, that will make a big difference as he was our best run blocker. I disagree that DJ is inconsistent. What is happening is Trueblood is often out of position causing 2 or more defenders to be in DJ's zone. Trueblood needs to either step up big or be replaced.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 07, 2009, 01:27:41 PM

Something just occurred to me... this thread needs more:

JM2

Pro Bowler

#8 : December 07, 2009, 02:17:50 PM

The Bucs D during the Dungy years had only the Dungy offense to practice against and they seemed to do ok on Sundays.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

pancake block

Starter

#9 : December 07, 2009, 08:10:53 PM

get sears healthy and move him to thee weakest link, right tackle, if you think faine sucks you wernt watching that stiff we got from the steelers ,whos name happily excapes me, whos the first lineman in the nfl to play center on his back

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 07, 2009, 08:17:43 PM

Something just occurred to me... this thread needs more:

[img]

Thanks for the eye candy.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 07, 2009, 09:18:45 PM

except for our red zone running which blows as usual just like against Wash when good red zone running at 1st and goal from teh 5 should've been a TD

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 07, 2009, 09:57:07 PM

I think that they should not have let Bill Muir go...Our O-Line is good but they need one Coach to stay around and be a Leader not crushed by turnstile Coaches...OBD

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Something just occured to me. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools