Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Golden Tate declares « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 07, 2009, 07:06:24 PM

If we do go after a WR, I'm hoping it's Damian Williams
I think he would make an ideal #2 WR.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 07, 2009, 07:10:36 PM

Pick 2A!!!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 07, 2009, 07:12:24 PM

IIRC, Stovall was rated high when he played at ND.  Is this the second coming of Stovall like all the WR from Florida that did so well here?
That's what I was thinking...

Stovall was a beast coming out of ND and was a steal in the third round.... at the time...
W.T.F NO!

Tate is an explosive deep threat unlike Stovall. He's dangerous in the open field, has outstanding leaping ability, and has great hands. Stovall isn't anything close to Tate as a prospect.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 07, 2009, 08:19:41 PM

Tate has some skills for sure but I'd like to see him catch with his hands more.  I see him body-catching quite a bit. And we all know Mike Mayock doesn't like that.

I'll be interested to see him run the gauntlet at the combine.

I'd wager Golden Tate has the strongest hands of any receiver in the draft. His hand strength is phenominal. He doesn't run the best routes, but that is probably the biggest knock on him other than his size.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 07, 2009, 08:20:51 PM

I'm not too high on him..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 07, 2009, 08:52:46 PM

watch some of his highlight videos against USC, Pitt, etc and come back and tell me what you think. bad news for us he's rated the number two WR in the class currently which means there is no way he lasts until the 2nd round.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

tbb345

Starter
#21 : December 07, 2009, 09:59:52 PM

Stovall and Golden Tate are complete opposites. Stovall is a big, possession type receiver whereas Tate is a small quick guy.
Not only that but did Stovall play for Weis? If he did I would think it was only a year

burger40

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 07, 2009, 10:38:08 PM

I would love it. a real down field threat. I have questions on his speed because some highlights he looks like a rocket and others the corners are right with him. have to wait for the combine.

Even though AB is beast sometimes, the thing I dont like about him as a downfield threat is he's not too fast and he has little to no separation moves. He's just real big and makes some great freakin catches.
he's 6'2" possibly 6'1" his seperation may not be elite but his hands are phenomenal and he runs excellent routes with decent speed.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Golden Tate declares « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools