Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1-15 is Morris back? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« : December 08, 2009, 11:19:32 AM »

Say we do got 1-15 and we get the number 1 pick. Is Morris let back? Just because he was only here a year doesnt mean that he is safe. What do you guys think?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #1 : December 08, 2009, 11:26:17 AM »

I don't think we've ever thought of that situation.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 08, 2009, 11:27:02 AM »

I would keep him at least 3 years.

This year the owners knew he would be green in a few spots, give the guy a little time.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #3 : December 08, 2009, 11:27:08 AM »

I don't think we've ever thought of that situation.

so is that a no or yes that he is coming back?

« #4 : December 08, 2009, 11:27:19 AM »

He will be back.  this season was to evaluate young talent regardless of record. Now that we see who can play and cant play the team will move forward with the draft and FA.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #5 : December 08, 2009, 11:30:06 AM »

What an original thread idea...

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #6 : December 08, 2009, 11:35:32 AM »

Contrary to what many perceive based on my recent postings I wouldn't be against Morris returning.  But I did say I wanted to see how this team finishes (especially the last four games of the year).  Morris made it a goal to finish strong, and avoid a December collapse, so I am waiting to see if he can achieve that goal.

« #7 : December 08, 2009, 11:42:48 AM »

Contrary to what many perceive based on my recent postings I wouldn't be against Morris returning.  But I did say I wanted to see how this team finishes (especially the last four games of the year).  Morris made it a goal to finish strong, and avoid a December collapse, so I am waiting to see if he can achieve that goal.

agreed but even if they dont win, just showing improvement on the field would work for me and right now the D is playing much better.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

« #8 : December 08, 2009, 11:45:10 AM »

My assumption is that he gets another year, if for no other reason than the Freeman pick and the fact that the Glazers know they handicapped him by bringing him on as HC so late and then putting their two cents in on the OC and DC.  I would think they feel a bit of guilt and don't drop him based on the thought that he should be allowed the opportunity to succeed or fail on his own terms.  That being said, I have seen nothing to suggest he has what it takes to be a HC and thus deserving of a 2nd year.  Tough call.  Probably would be a good DC but his ambition and the Glazer's stupidity messed that up.  Personally, I would quietly look into other coaching options while keeping an eye on the CBA situation.  If things go south, just let him come back, but if an opportunity to get better presents itself, you move on it.  Regardless, I think it should be Dom making the call, not the G-boys.

[Add witty one liner here]

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 08, 2009, 11:45:31 AM »

Yes, the team is improving and young players are developing.  Its a marathon not a sprint.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
« #10 : December 08, 2009, 11:58:52 AM »

yes morris comes back, and we go 4-12 next season!

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

« #11 : December 08, 2009, 12:00:28 PM »

I think he'll be back. To me, that is the only difference between 0-16 and 1-15....the coach comes back.
As much potential as Rod Marinelli showed, the Lions really didn't have any choice but to let him go after their 0-16 season.

DKWEST

Starter

« #12 : December 08, 2009, 12:06:30 PM »

This year the owners knew he would be green in a few spots, give the guy a little time.

Green = Clueless on how to be a head coach of an NFL team

something 1, 2, 0r even 3 years will not remedy

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #13 : December 08, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »

Based on what I have seen a lot of the young players that were on the roster for many years they simply will not be part of the solution heading forward.  I am glad the Bucs cut most of the veteran fat that was part of last years collapse.  But not all young players turn out to be muscle either as we are finding out.  I want to see what this team can do heading forward with a second draft (this previous draft intrigues me), and another round of pickups to round out the roster.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
« #14 : December 08, 2009, 12:10:40 PM »

it's not the responsibility of the The Bucs ownership to train a head coach. they gave him a shot and if he doesnt win he gets fired. just like the rest of the coaches who performed poorly this year who got demoted or fired

Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1-15 is Morris back? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools