Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1-15 is Morris back? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

DKWEST

Starter

#15 : December 08, 2009, 12:12:52 PM

Yes, the team is improving and young players are developing.  Its a marathon not a sprint.

Improving?!?!?!?  lmao,..   just because they didn't get blow out by 2 teams with backup quarterbacks, you call that improvement?

dear god help us see the light

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 08, 2009, 12:15:10 PM

it's not the responsibility of the The Bucs ownership to train a head coach. they gave him a shot and if he doesnt win he gets fired. just like the rest of the coaches who performed poorly this year who got demoted or fired

Never said they had to train him but going into it I'm positive they knew he would make a few mistakes. The Glazers are known for their patience and know changing HC's every year won't help the problem. Continuity is key

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#17 : December 08, 2009, 12:15:46 PM

Yes, the team is improving and young players are developing.  Its a marathon not a sprint.

Improving?!?!?!?  lmao,..   just because they didn't get blow out by 2 teams with backup quarterbacks, you call that improvement?

dear god help us see the light

exactly!!!!   we aren't losing to the best Falcons team, or the best panthers team. we're getting dominated by second string players.  thats poor coaching!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 08, 2009, 12:16:40 PM

I’d say it depends on the circumstances.  Usually, when you hire a new coach, you give him more than one year.  In this case, I think Morris will be back next year.

The Glazers weren’t happy with being mediocre pretenders every year, but you can’t bet they’re not happy with being this bad either.  The only way I see them letting Morris go, is if A-They went 0-16 or B-A well known, big name coach is interested in coaching the Bucs.

Since the Bucs have got a Win under their belt, Morris is safe from option A, but I don’t think he can lure off option B even if he manages to win another game.  I’d agree that he’d be back next year but if the Bucs have a repeat performance in 2010, i.e. 4 wins or less, there is not a chance they give Morris a third year.  The Glazers can’t afford diminishing fan support and that is exactly what happens when your team consistently loses.

Another scenario that Morris may not be brought back is if the Glazers sell the team.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 08, 2009, 12:16:51 PM

Fire Morris.

Hire Olson as HC.  And Gruden as QB coach.

Haha!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 08, 2009, 12:16:56 PM

it's not the responsibility of the The Bucs ownership to train a head coach. they gave him a shot and if he doesnt win he gets fired. just like the rest of the coaches who performed poorly this year who got demoted or fired

Never said they had to train him but going into it I'm positive they knew he would make a few mistakes. The Glazers are known for their patience and know changing HC's every year won't help the problem. Continuity is key

The Glazers made the choice to head down this road, so they will most likely see it through.  I would be surprised if they fired Raheem at the end of the year.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 08, 2009, 12:18:10 PM

Green = Clueless on how to be a head coach of an NFL team

something 1, 2, 0r even 3 years will not remedy

We will see, I'd bet he gets 3 years

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#22 : December 08, 2009, 12:19:31 PM

yes continuity is the key, but we dont owe raheem anything. he was given a chance to be HC and he is failing. their patience will run very thin if we play this way next year and raheem will be gone. as he should be.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#23 : December 08, 2009, 12:20:40 PM

Green = Clueless on how to be a head coach of an NFL team

something 1, 2, 0r even 3 years will not remedy

We will see, I'd bet he gets 3 years

3 years? lol he hasnt even got win number 2 and you're talking about year #3. if we go 4-12 next year wuld you keep him?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 08, 2009, 12:21:09 PM

If Olson is brought back, regardless of his extension, we are in trouble.  The guy’s offense scores about 13 pts a game.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#25 : December 08, 2009, 12:23:38 PM

I THINK RAH HAS DONE WELL WITH THE DEFENSE IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS, THATS WHERE HE SHOULD BE NEXT YEAR

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 08, 2009, 12:24:58 PM

I would keep him at least 3 years.

This year the owners knew he would be green in a few spots, give the guy a little time.

I agree with this.  Although if year 2 is a total disaster I could see them giving him the axe.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 08, 2009, 12:25:25 PM

If Olson is brought back, regardless of his extension, we are in trouble. �The guy�s offense scores about 13 pts a game.

Well my pessimistic side agrees with that take.

Optimistically if the Bucs bring in the necessary personnel to run Olson's shotgun spread offense it may turn out better.  Right now the Bucs have three RB's more suited to being grinders (Carnell, Ward, Graham) which doesn't work that well with the running plays he is calling which often case are quick/delayed draws, counters, etc.  Also with a spread offense you need WR's that are agile enough to attack quickly (eg Stroughter).  Clayton isn't suited to such an offensive system while Stovall doesn't have to worry about jams is starting to show some life.  K2 and Stevens are showing they can excell in such an offensive system as they can line up as WR's due to their athleticism.  The offensive line needs to become better in pass protection, and I am speaking about that right side.

DKWEST

Starter

#28 : December 08, 2009, 12:25:57 PM

I THINK RAH HAS DONE WELL WITH THE DEFENSE IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS, THATS WHERE HE SHOULD BE NEXT YEAR

that defense got worked in crunch time and beaten by 2 back-up quarterbacks, and a back-up running back

there's no moral victory in losing  games late to backup qb's

#29 : December 08, 2009, 12:26:13 PM

Yes. I think he'll get another year. With an expectation of at least a .500 season.  If they do that,
2011 expectation will be playoffs.   Pretty simple math to me.

Team is improving (from ground zero.)

If your standard is improving on what was last years team, you should seriously re-think it.  
Hell, I want them to win all the time, but that (too) is unrealistic.

They blew the entire thing up (ground zero) and as a fan, I'm patient enough to see it through...

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1-15 is Morris back? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools