Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1-15 is Morris back? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

DKWEST

Starter

« #30 : December 08, 2009, 12:29:51 PM »

Green = Clueless on how to be a head coach of an NFL team

something 1, 2, 0r even 3 years will not remedy

We will see, I'd bet he gets 3 years

You may be right,..  God I hope not.

I'm sure he'll get the benefit of the doubt and be around next season (not my choice for sure), but will at least get another year from the glazers.

But his coaching skills won't improve dramatically next year,..  we'll suck again,..  then he's gone!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #31 : December 08, 2009, 12:32:44 PM »

But his coaching skills won't improve dramatically next year,.. we'll suck again,.. then he's gone!

It's the in-game stuff that has to improve and I think it will. His coaching skills are fine but you're right, if the in-game stuff doesn't improve next year he will be toast.

The team is much more prepared now than earlier and the decisions are improving a little.

DKWEST

Starter

« #32 : December 08, 2009, 12:48:25 PM »

It's the in-game stuff that has to improve and I think it will. His coaching skills are fine but you're right, if the in-game stuff doesn't improve next year he will be toast.

The team is much more prepared now than earlier and the decisions are improving a little.

I don't buy that we're improving,..   I just think we caught a break by playing a mediocre Falcons team, and a crappy Panthers team, both with backup QB's  and a backup RB.

My bet is that the Jets blow us out,..  hope not,..  I guess we'll see

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #33 : December 08, 2009, 12:53:56 PM »

The coach and GM did what the owners wanted: move this team in the direction of youth, cut away veterans who are at the end of their value, evaluate the young players, and spend a high draft pick on a QB who has the potential to wear the "franchise QB" mantle. Therefore, I think it is more likely than not that he will be here at least one more year, unless some incredible coaching candidate falls into their laps.

DKWEST

Starter

« #34 : December 08, 2009, 01:00:57 PM »

The coach and GM did what the owners wanted: move this team in the direction of youth, cut away veterans who are at the end of their value, evaluate the young players, and spend a high draft pick on a QB who has the potential to wear the "franchise QB" mantle. Therefore, I think it is more likely than not that he will be here at least one more year, unless some incredible coaching candidate falls into their laps.

Then 8 weeks into the season Raheem was quoted to say they need some veterans to fill in the roster,..  It takes a mix in this league

Just going "Young" doesn't equate into improvement

agree that Raheem will be given next season,..  which doesn't sit real well with me, but,...

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 08, 2009, 01:02:04 PM »

As much as I'd like for the Bucs to fire him now, they have to bring him back.  You can't bring a guy in, let him clean house, and then say thanks - good bye.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
« #36 : December 08, 2009, 01:09:27 PM »

I THINK RAH HAS DONE WELL WITH THE DEFENSE IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS, THATS WHERE HE SHOULD BE NEXT YEAR

that defense got worked in crunch time and beaten by 2 back-up quarterbacks, and a back-up running back

there's no moral victory in losing  games late to backup qb's

they held carolina to one Td in first quarter and 3 field goals. thats a stat that would be accepted by any head coach of any defense. they did their job!! they may have given up alot of yards, but in the end the only thing that matters is the score board and they did their part. And the Atlanta game they did their job until the last drive of the game in which they broke down, but thats what happens when your offense sucks and your franchise qb cant score

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 08, 2009, 01:23:24 PM »

As much as I'd like for the Bucs to fire him now, they have to bring him back.  You can't bring a guy in, let him clean house, and then say thanks - good bye.

Yes you can. You make HIM the fall-guy, and then bring in a legitimate HC before draft. Having a good coach is a HUGE part of what we are missing here in Tampa imo. After J-Gru left, we learned how much that matters. The last game was poorly manged, from playcalls in the redzone, to the time-outs called. Everyone can blame freeman if they want to, but this kind of crap went on way before Soul-glow hit the field. If people want to blame the "rookie", blame Morris.

It's obvious to me that we've lost most of our games due to bad playcalls and sorry coaching/game planning. When a team goes 1-15/0-16, there is NO head coach that should keep their job. Maybe at 3-5 wins (because they showed something), but NOT at 0-1 games... that's retarded, regardless of WHO they let go earlier on imo. Their ARE teams out there with less talent than us, with better records as well. So Rah really hasen't been up to snub, and we all need to accept that horrible fact. Inbrace it, learn from it, move on would be my suggestion. After all, you won't get Taster's Choice from peeing in a coffee machine.

An to allow him to continue this..this...whatever it is, would not only be illogical, but more of a chance than we've ever have taken on anyone. Personally, I don't think he deserves it.

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

« #38 : December 08, 2009, 01:25:35 PM »

Season Tickets will take a major hit if they keep him.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 08, 2009, 01:27:04 PM »

Good news is Tampa is a bandwagon city.. As soon as they start winning again, people will show up.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #40 : December 08, 2009, 01:28:53 PM »

what are the options that would fall under the Glazer's budget?

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
« #41 : December 08, 2009, 01:30:14 PM »

Good news is Tampa is a bandwagon city.. As soon as they start winning again, people will show up.

that may be a few seasons away though

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
« #42 : December 08, 2009, 01:30:48 PM »

what are the options that would fall under the Glazer's budget?

they could get anyone they wanted if it was a money issue

DKWEST

Starter

« #43 : December 08, 2009, 01:37:18 PM »

but in the end the only thing that matters is the score board

you're exactly right

and they LOST on the SCOREBOARD

There's no moral victory that they almost competed against a bad Carolina team with a backup QB, and a 2nd and 3rd string RB

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

« #44 : December 08, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »

and they LOST

There for, they WON

Its about getting Suh.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1-15 is Morris back? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools