Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roll Tide. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 08, 2010, 12:39:56 PM

I gotta say---Saban got out coached by Mack Brown.  The Horns came out more focused, more prepared and more inspired while the Bama kids were just kind of mulling around.  The haltime adjustments with a deer in the headlights true freshman QB was outstanding.  Saban just turtled up and tried fearfully to escape with a win.  Going into this game, I thought Saban was a better coach than Brown, but now, not so much. 

biffbeaumont

Starter

#31 : January 08, 2010, 01:04:50 PM

I gotta say---Saban got out coached by Mack Brown.  The Horns came out more focused, more prepared and more inspired while the Bama kids were just kind of mulling around.  The haltime adjustments with a deer in the headlights true freshman QB was outstanding.  Saban just turtled up and tried fearfully to escape with a win.  Going into this game, I thought Saban was a better coach than Brown, but now, not so much. 

Not so fast there Mojo. I'll agree, after hearing  all week about Bama, Texas was the more hyped up team, but the only thing that Saban did wrong, in my opinion was 1 )  that ridiculous fake punt 2 ) and the third qtr where he played it so safe that Gruden would have been proud. He said last night after the game that when they came into the lockers for the half, that his kids thought they had "already won the game'. Seems plausible. They were up 24-6, freshman QB. I think both teams were forced to play down a notch last night. Both by an injury to the supposed 'MVP' of the game.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 08, 2010, 05:55:08 PM

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-us-alabama-trophy-walmart,0,2551777.story
 haha

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 08, 2010, 05:58:38 PM

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-us-alabama-trophy-walmart,0,2551777.story
 haha

Greatness.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 08, 2010, 06:04:01 PM

haha

Greatness.

A WV guy can't make jokes...I leave that to the rest of you.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 09, 2010, 12:01:27 PM

Roll Tide!!!!!

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roll Tide. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools