Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tomlin on the hot seat? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#75 : December 12, 2009, 03:07:54 PM

I've been thinking about this. I have always thought the Rooney rule was nothing but completely racist. Why force someone to interview a certain race? Howewer, giving this some thought - maybe there is a bit of a "good ole boy" mentality. I now have re-thought this. I see nothing wrong with it provided they add a provision that a white person MUST be interviewed as well as a minority. I think it would be best to force them to interview women for the position as well. And gays. Need to be fair, ya know?

lmao a gay nfl coach, hahahahaha

actually, it could happen, there is gayness in all walks of life, an NFL coach is not beyond that...

That is true... Military men, politicians, teachers... LOL(jk man)

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#76 : December 12, 2009, 03:12:27 PM

lmao a gay nfl coach, hahahahaha

from the mouth of a child..... what's so "hahahaha" about that?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#77 : December 13, 2009, 12:08:47 AM

Has anyone ever seen Raheem with a woman?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#78 : December 13, 2009, 09:39:17 AM

LMAO - yea - that damned rule has made owners at least talk to folks outside the recycled group.

yessir..... and THAT was its sole intent.

If I owned a team, no one is gonna tell me who to hire.... but i see no problem with a rule and forces me to broaden my horizons. Haven't we seen enuff of the Schottenheimer/Wade Phillips types?

And on that note, i'm finished with this topic.

One more note...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2009/12/07/dungy_rips_colleges_for_minority_hiring

Dungy rips colleges for minority hiring
December 7, 2009

Super Bowl-winning coach Tony Dungy called the dearth of minority head coaches in major college football “disgraceful.’’ Dungy became the first black head coach to win a Super Bowl in 2007 with the Indianapolis Colts. Now an analyst with NBC’s NFL pregame show, Dungy said last night that minority coaches believe they have more opportunity for advancement in the pros than in college. Of the 120 Football Bowl Subdivision coaches this season, just nine were minorities - with only Miami’s Randy Shannon at a BCS school. Seven of the 32 head coaches in the NFL are black. Asked whether the situation in the college game represents institutionalized racism, Dungy said, “The numbers would tell you that it is.’’

Not long after Dungy spoke out, the University of Virginia called a news conference for today at which time the BCS number will likely double, as the Cavaliers will name Mike London coach, according to multiple media reports. London, who will replace Al Groh, led Richmond to a 49-5 mark the last two years, and coached Boston College’s defensive line from 1997 to 2000.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#79 : December 13, 2009, 11:04:44 AM

I don't think a Gay coach could motivate and lead a bunch of men. I doubt they would want to go to war with him. Just my opinion.

** shakes head in disbelief **

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

biffbeaumont

Starter

#80 : December 13, 2009, 11:08:42 AM

I don't think a Gay coach could motivate and lead a bunch of men. I doubt they would want to go to war with him. Just my opinion.

** shakes head in disbelief **

What the hell difference would that make?  There  are"closet" gay guys playing in the NFL. I'm not saying that it's good, but you have to admit that it's there.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#81 : December 13, 2009, 11:30:05 AM

We can agree to disagree but I think if the team found out that about their coach they would not be as motivated to go to war with him. Just my opinion, No need for everyone getting their panties in a bunch for me stating an opinion.

No one is "getting their panties in a wad"...or at least I'm not.....as usual on this board, you disagree with a post and it's all out warfare. I understand what you're saying and I'm sure there would a faction that may not play as hard or even want to play under a 'gay coach", of course that also exists. All I was saying was that there may be coaches that are gay and haven't come out. Surely as there are players that are also in that category. Talking about all this gayness too early on a Sunday morning.....uh....wow....how about that Cheerleader issue huh?

biffbeaumont

Starter

#82 : December 13, 2009, 11:42:29 AM

I wasn't refering to you with the panties comment. He knows who I was refering too.

Gotcha.  I can't believe this thread has 3 pages. The thought of Tomlin being on the "hot seat' is ridiculous. As I stated earlier on page 1. The Rooney family has demonstrated remarkable loyalty to their past coaches, don't know why Tomlin would be any different. Pittsburgh is having a typical 'post Super Bowl" meltdown.......that's all

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#83 : December 13, 2009, 12:19:53 PM

Heck he just won the Super Bowl last year.

Ya, with Cowher's team that had recently won the superbowl as well. 

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#84 : December 13, 2009, 12:20:18 PM

WAIT...hold up...

Tony Dungy is black???

When the hell did that happen?
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tomlin on the hot seat? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools