Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs vs Jets Gameday Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#240 : December 13, 2009, 04:06:15 PM

the rookie excuse is worn out. he is doo doo

He is still a rookie.

A waste of a 1st round pick.  

Your opinion, but he is still a rookie.

My opinion is fact based.

Still an opinion.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#241 : December 13, 2009, 04:07:22 PM

The more I watch Freeman the more I see Leftwich in terms of his inconsistency and accuracy issues. Yes Freeman is young blah blah, but he looks like trash so far to me.

Well he is a rookie, so not sure what you are expecting. �Furthermore it doesn't help Olson is using Jon's offense.

Jon Gruden's offense won us a Super Bowl and three division titles. I think you should stop focusing so much on that and start focusing more on the players running it. And I wasn't expecting much from Freeman, I got even less. The guy looks terrible for a first round pick, that's indisputable. Especially when we traded up to get him. He'll get better sure, but will he get to the point of franchise QB? Right now there are no signs that point to that.

Gru's offense is out of date, and it doesn't work with the QB's currently on the roster. �And I disagree Freeman looks terrible for a first round pick because I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary for a rookie QB. �

Out of date? That's your reason? Good Lord.

Yes Freeman is a rookie but he was drafted to be a FRANCHISE QB, yet he has been outplayed now by what, three backups? Rookie or not a franchise QB in the making should look better than Freeman looks. The excuse for his mediocre stats in college was the talent surrounding him, now the excuses in the NFL are "the offense is out of date", "he's just a rookie". At what point do the excuses stop and the epiphany occurs that perhaps Freeman just isn't that good?

As I type this he has yet another TO, the guy is a turnover machine.

Gruden's offense hasn't been relevant for some time, and now an inferior OC is running it. �Worse the Bucs have QB's on the roster not suited to the dink and dunk style. �And coupled with an OC who isn't committed to running the football it looks bad. He is a rookie QB, so I expect a lot of lows because that is expected. �Too many Tampa Bay Buc fans have not watched a rookie QB extensively to realize ugly play is the norm for the vast majority of rookies.

Ugly play is one thing if a little bit of progress is sprinkled in here and there. Freeman seems to be getting worse. He's played with the 1's long enough to have the timing down, yet his accuracy over the past few games has been atrocious at best. I hope I'm wrong about him because if I'm not this franchise has some dark days ahead of it, but I just don't see "it" with this guy.

I do not expect progress from a rookie QB, but I can see why some do given how putrid the rest of the team is.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#242 : December 13, 2009, 04:08:06 PM

He is still a rookie.

A waste of a 1st round pick. �

Still an opinion.

That's all you got?  LOL.  OK, we have a few more games and next season agree and disagree.  GO BUCS!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#243 : December 13, 2009, 04:09:15 PM

He is still a rookie.

A waste of a 1st round pick. �

Still an opinion.

That's all you got?  LOL.  OK, we have a few more games and next season agree and disagree.  GO BUCS!!

You obviously do not know the difference between an opinion and fact.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#244 : December 13, 2009, 04:12:00 PM

you dont expect progress from a rookie qb? lmao so you expect him to play like crap? he is missing passes that are routine throws. has nothing to do with him bein a rookie. he's been playin football for 15 years and if he is this crappy.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#245 : December 13, 2009, 04:12:36 PM

you dont expect progress from a rookie qb? lmao so you expect him to play like crap? he is missing passes that are routine throws. has nothing to do with him bein a rookie. he's been playin football for 15 years and if he is this crappy.

No because I do not care what he does this year (good or bad).

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#246 : December 13, 2009, 04:18:57 PM

lmao  sorry to hear that.well the good thing is that he probly wont be the starter next year so i guess his play doesnt matter. even though it affects the rest of the team, but who cares about those guys this is josh's house. he's a bum

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#247 : December 13, 2009, 04:20:22 PM

lmao  sorry to hear that.well the good thing is that he probly wont be the starter next year so i guess his play doesnt matter. even though it affects the rest of the team, but who cares about those guys this is josh's house. he's a bum

Unless you know something I do not know year 2 will most likely (highly likely) be Freeman starting.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#248 : December 13, 2009, 04:21:33 PM

Unless you know something I do not know year 2 will most likely (highly likely) be Freeman starting.

I concur.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#249 : December 13, 2009, 04:22:22 PM

god i hope you're wrong. lol

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#250 : December 13, 2009, 04:43:17 PM

LOL at the first page of this thread.. FAIL!

So much confidence for a 1-12 team? LOL!
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs vs Jets Gameday Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools