Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WDAE Reporting Alstott..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 01, 2007, 10:15:11 AM

And for all those who say it isn't common knowledge that the FO can't cut him---bite me!!

First, the FO can cut anyone they choose. The Glazers do not interfere in player personnel matters, no matter who believes the fantasy that they do. And second: no thanks.

marlevr

Second String
#16 : March 01, 2007, 10:15:45 AM

Isn't Sowell a FA? If we can get Griffith in FA then an Allstot/Griffith FB corp sounds good.

#17 : March 01, 2007, 10:19:20 AM

Actually Karen, I am on the fence with this, I love what Mike has done for the team and for the community. It just so happens that he is not being used as I or you think he should be. I want him to stay here, but on the other hand I want to see the old "A-Train" that we all love and know play for someone who will allow him to play that way again. The signing doesnt hurt our cap, but it hurts his career. Know what I am saying?

You will see the OLD A-train. I'm amazed that some can't see that his best years have passed him by. I'd like to see the ole Brooks, Simeon and Sapp. How bout we bring back the 99 Bucs...... Geez!!

Swolf

Practice Squad

#18 : March 01, 2007, 10:20:39 AM

s not being used as I or you think he should be. I want him to stay here, but on the other hand I want to see the old "A-Train" that we all love and know play for someone who will allow him to play that way again. The signing doesnt hurt our cap, but it hurts his career. Know what I am saying?
Yes, but selfishly speaking I couldn't stand to see him in another uniform.  And for all those who say it isn't common knowledge that the FO can't cut him---bite me!!

I was with you till you said bite me, look this is the NFL which stands for: Not For Long, besides if he didnt come back it wouldnt be because we "cut" we would have just chosen to not re up him.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#19 : March 01, 2007, 10:22:54 AM

Well, I believe they can't say no if he wants to come back.  No way the Glazers want to see another Lynch situation.

Swolf

Practice Squad

#20 : March 01, 2007, 10:23:06 AM

Actually Karen, I am on the fence with this, I love what Mike has done for the team and for the community. It just so happens that he is not being used as I or you think he should be. I want him to stay here, but on the other hand I want to see the old "A-Train" that we all love and know play for someone who will allow him to play that way again. The signing doesnt hurt our cap, but it hurts his career. Know what I am saying?

You will see the OLD A-train. I'm amazed that some can't see that his best years have passed him by. I'd like to see the ole Brooks, Simeon and Sapp. How bout we bring back the 99 Bucs...... Geez!!

I would love to have Sapp back he had something around 10 Sacks + last year.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#21 : March 01, 2007, 10:24:16 AM

I would love to have Sapp back he had something around 10 Sacks + last year.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#22 : March 01, 2007, 10:27:12 AM

Well, I believe they can't say no if he wants to come back. No way the Glazers want to see another Lynch situation.

Is that really how you hope the Bucs fill out the roster.  For me I want the players that are the best at their positions and those that can help us win.  Mike "was" great but that time has passed.  Time to improve the team instead of warming the hearts of the fans.  

#23 : March 01, 2007, 10:28:05 AM

WDAE just reported it is for $1.5 mil. This is nutz!!!

marlevr

Second String
#24 : March 01, 2007, 10:32:43 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Oh well...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 01, 2007, 10:34:58 AM

I doubt it.  BUt we will see.

marlevr

Second String
#26 : March 01, 2007, 10:37:20 AM

From PFT: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 10:10 a.m. EST, March 1, 2007

ALSTOTT RE-UPS WITH BUCS

The A Train will keep on rolling in Tampa.

Per our friends at WDAE 620 AM, the Bucs have signed fullback Mike Alstott to a one-year deal worth $1.5 million.

Alstott has spent eleven seasons with the Buccaneers.  He has appeared in 158 games, with 137 starts.  He has rushed for 5,088 yards and 58 touchdowns.  He has 13 receiving touchdowns.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 01, 2007, 10:37:39 AM

It depends on if that's accurate, and it depends on how it is structured. The minimum contract for a veteran of 11+ seasons is $820,000. If they do sign him to a $820,000 deal then he'll only count $435,000 against the cap in 2007. If they sign him for $1.5 million, then essentially he's counting $1 million more against the cap in 2007 than he would have under the veteran relief provision.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#28 : March 01, 2007, 12:28:16 PM

Ray why do you think that griffin cant still come hear with alstott here????

I suppose he could but I think it is less likely.

Is it smart to pay Alstott 1.5 million and then pay another couple million for Griffith? Do we want to have that much money tied up in FB's?
That is why you draft a FB. It would be cheaper, you get the same basic result.

And if we draft a FB he is guarenteed to be a good NFL player?
No. But what says Griffith is going to come into Tampa (a al Sowell), and become a better blocker all of sudden with our porous O-line?

Sowell is 33 years old and maybe another in a long line of over the hill guys brought in.  Griffith on the other hand is 25 and can be effective running, receiving, and blocking, and looks like he is entering his prime.  Sowell (like Alstott) has seen his better years go by.  I think the difference betwene Griffith and Sowell is obvious.  I think we also saw the reason why The Jets let Sowell go so easily.....

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#29 : March 01, 2007, 11:05:21 AM

I hope this isn't true.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WDAE Reporting Alstott..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools