Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WDAE Reporting Alstott..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

gruber

Pro Bowler

« #30 : March 01, 2007, 11:07:25 AM »

I'm sure glad we are not going to squander our money. (SARACASM ON)

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #31 : March 01, 2007, 11:12:11 AM »

Actually Karen, I am on the fence with this, I love what Mike has done for the team and for the community. It just so happens that he is not being used as I or you think he should be. I want him to stay here, but on the other hand I want to see the old "A-Train" that we all love and know play for someone who will allow him to play that way again. The signing doesnt hurt our cap, but it hurts his career. Know what I am saying?

Dude, no one will allow him to play the way he did before because his body won't let him.  He isn't the same guy he was 5-10 years ago.  I don't understand why this is so hard for people to understand.  Do you watch the games?

How any "fan" can say they want to have Mike around riding the pine and not playing is beyond me.  He is hanging around too long and it is a shame to see him getting minimal playing time.  I wish Mike would have gracefully retired.

Buc_Sid

Starter

« #32 : March 01, 2007, 11:12:59 AM »

Wonderful, yet another season of mind numbing pyning for Mike to get more carries from 620 and local moronic "fans".   Color me thrilled!

JoeyDaBuc

Second String

« #33 : March 01, 2007, 11:13:39 AM »

This MUST be a dirty rumor floated out from One Buc by Satan Jon and Lucifer Allen just to get the " GIVE MIKE 25 TOUCHES " club all excited......Expect the offer to be pulled as Mike goes to sign it and it gets replaced with an offer to clean floors at One Buc instead.

HOW COULD Mike sign a contract with a team KNOWING the Head Coach and the GM hate his guts and despise EVERYTHING about him ???  It MUST be because he feels he owes it to his fan base to emerge from the phone booth errrrrrrr lockerroom every Sunday.

HOW can Mike take more ABUSE ??? I'm sure Evil Jon has a master plan in place to humiliate The A Train and his fans in grand fashion..... Just look at the long list of wrongs the A Train has had to endure.

1 - Made to fumble early in his career by Jon Gruden through evil meditation from Oakland.

2 - Jon used subliminal messages to convince Tony to give Warrick Dunn touches.

3 - Came to Tampa and called him.......MARK !!!!!!

4 - Called the play knowing Mike would hurt his neck.

5 - Kicked Mike's dog

6 - Offered Mike's kids candy and gave them cavaties.

7 - punched Mike's wife ( showing Mike how to use a stiff arm )

8 - Made Mike's family sit in top row of RJS.

9 - Paid fans to dump beer on all #40 jerseys.

10 - didn't allow the NFL to select Mike to another Pro Bowl.

The FINAL plan is in place......rumor has it that it may involve a Boat, a shark with a frickin' laser beam attached to it's head and Ian Beckles and Ron on vacation....stay tuned.

marlevr

Second String
« #34 : March 01, 2007, 11:17:56 AM »

LMAO!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #35 : March 01, 2007, 11:19:57 AM »

BWAA HA HA HA!!!

alstott40

Pro Bowler

« #36 : March 01, 2007, 11:20:11 AM »

Please!!!

Ditto.

Ditto,

but awesome! (cracking) beer open

« #37 : March 01, 2007, 11:23:12 AM »

I'm just concerned about the ol' boys health and how it would affect his family if he were to get another serious one.

kennard19

Starter
« #38 : March 01, 2007, 11:23:57 AM »

congrats mike! show us something.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #39 : March 01, 2007, 11:25:17 AM »

congrats mike! show us something.

He's going to show you what he looks like with his helmet off.....because that is what he'll be doing more often than not.  Standing on the sideline chewing on his mouthpiece with his helmet off.....

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

« #40 : March 01, 2007, 11:26:11 AM »

Didn't the Big Dawg adamantly state, again "There is no way Mike is coming back to this team"?

It will be fun to hear him dance around this one.

This is a good move all the way around.  Hopefully we will supplment his abilities by drafting or signing a blocking type FB that can actually make the team.  The Sowell project was a failure.

Swolf

Practice Squad

« #41 : March 01, 2007, 11:26:38 AM »

Actually Karen, I am on the fence with this, I love what Mike has done for the team and for the community. It just so happens that he is not being used as I or you think he should be. I want him to stay here, but on the other hand I want to see the old "A-Train" that we all love and know play for someone who will allow him to play that way again. The signing doesnt hurt our cap, but it hurts his career. Know what I am saying?

Dude, no one will allow him to play the way he did before because his body won't let him. He isn't the same guy he was 5-10 years ago. I don't understand why this is so hard for people to understand. Do you watch the games?

How any "fan" can say they want to have Mike around riding the pine and not playing is beyond me. He is hanging around too long and it is a shame to see him getting minimal playing time. I wish Mike would have gracefully retired.

Look Ray, we dont know what he is capibile of, like last year he had 3 carries for 20 yards then never got the ball again. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying nor have I ever stated the he is a feature back. But he could tote the rock 10 - 12 times a game. All of the teams in the championship games were 2 headed monsters, Mulronney/Dillon,  Addai/Rhodes, Duece/Bush, Jones/Benson. that is the common in thing I noticed last year. I can tell you this, Caddy isnt a feature back, and has been hurt in the two seasons he has played. No Alstott is not that kind of back, however how can it hurt to change things up give the defence a differnt look and actually see whats left in the tank, the one thing I do know is that We DON'T know what he is capible of with out given him a fair chance. and if he gets the ball 3 times a game I don't see how anyone can tell me he doesn't have it anymore. I saw last year a good FB blocking who when ever the bug was in gruden azz got to carry the ball a couple of times.

PS I do like gruden as our coach and yes I know I spelled some things wrong, I am at work and I am lazy

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #42 : March 01, 2007, 11:29:43 AM »

Dude, no one will allow him to play the way he did before because his body won't let him. He isn't the same guy he was 5-10 years ago. I don't understand why this is so hard for people to understand. Do you watch the games?

How any "fan" can say they want to have Mike around riding the pine and not playing is beyond me. He is hanging around too long and it is a shame to see him getting minimal playing time. I wish Mike would have gracefully retired.

Look Ray, we dont know what he is capibile of, like last year he had 3 carries for 20 yards then never got the ball again. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying nor have I ever stated the he is a feature back. But he could tote the rock 10 - 12 times a game. All of the teams in the championship games were 2 headed monsters, Mulronney/Dillon,  Addai/Rhodes, Duece/Bush, Jones/Benson. that is the common in thing I noticed last year. I can tell you this, Caddy isnt a feature back, and has been hurt in the two seasons he has played. No Alstott is not that kind of back, however how can it hurt to change things up give the defence a differnt look and actually see whats left in the tank, the one thing I do know is that We DON'T know what he is capible of with out given him a fair chance. and if he gets the ball 3 times a game I don't see how anyone can tell me he doesn't have it anymore. I saw last year a good FB blocking who when ever the bug was in gruden azz got to carry the ball a couple of times.

PS I do like gruden as our coach and yes I know I spelled some things wrong, I am at work and I am lazy

First of all, he isn't a good blocking back.  Let's get that straight right now.

Second, of all those combos did you notice anythign theyhad in common?  None of them were a RB/FB, and none of them were a young guy and old washed up guy.  Alstott averaged 2.9 a carry.  He dropped countless passes.  And you want him to touch the ball MORE? On what basis?

Swolf

Practice Squad

« #43 : March 01, 2007, 11:34:50 AM »

You must be watching something differnt then I did because I dont remember off hand him blowing any big blocks. I remember seeing him doing his job and I remember seeing him against the redskins go 3 carries 20 yards then nothing. I remember the Offensive line getting blown up on a couple of his runs, but caddy didnt do any better either, are you saying he should retire to cause he is over the hill.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #44 : March 01, 2007, 11:36:34 AM »

You must be watching something differnt then I did because I dont remember off hand him blowing any big blocks. I remember seeing him doing his job and I remember seeing him against the redskins go 3 carries 20 yards then nothing. I remember the Offensive line getting blown up on a couple of his runs, but caddy didnt do any better either, are you saying he should retire to cause he is over the hill.
Amen to that.

Watching all the games, I never was going God Alstott blew that one!  Unless you count that fumble after halftime...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WDAE Reporting Alstott..... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools