Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we can get a 2nd for Booger « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gharen

Pro Bowler

: October 17, 2006, 11:10:48 PM

What do you think we can get for Rice and Kelly in the offseason?

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 17, 2006, 11:13:16 PM

Rice can probably fetch a first or second, but I don't think many teams are giving those away for a 32 yr old pass rusher for 10 mil a year. Besides, for all the hype Rice gave himself this preseason, he hasn't done much at all.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 17, 2006, 11:13:43 PM

What do you think we can get for Rice and Kelly in the offseason?

Kelly needs to shake his turf toe.  If you find the right team you could get a 2nd round pick for Rice.  We got real lucky with Booger and the Colts, timing is everything.  They needed a DT to make a SB run, and we needed to dump Booger, good deal for both teams.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 17, 2006, 11:17:21 PM

Yeah, it's too bad the deadline is so early in the year, because all it takes is one team that feels like they have a shot to win it all to lose a DE or CB and they will overpay! I hope Kelly gets reasonably healthy and Rice produces down the stretch to raise their value in the offseason.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 17, 2006, 11:18:45 PM

Rice can probably fetch a first or second, but I don't think many teams are giving those away for a 32 yr old pass rusher for 10 mil a year. Besides, for all the hype Rice gave himself this preseason, he hasn't done much at all.
  I still think Rice will play his good "spurt" games.  You know, the kind of games where he erupts for three sacks, forces a fumble, or recovers one...he has always been like that.  Just inconsistent.  I hope he catches his stride soon, it would be nice to see "good" Simeon out there, creating loads of Chaos for the world to see...it would also up his trade value ;)!  When he has those types of games, the Bucs always look nasty on defense.

He stil has gas left in the tank, despite his age.  But he does frustrate me when he dances with "lesser" talent out there.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 17, 2006, 11:25:01 PM

There's no reason they would have to.  Pay $10M a year, that is.   Any trade would almost certainly be contingent on his accepting a new deal.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 17, 2006, 11:29:26 PM

There is no way we would get a 2nd rounder for that waste of space Booger. Wait, we did?  Wow. 

Rice is Rice. I don't think he's a detriment to the team. He may be overpaid, but most of that is roster bonus that we already paid.  I don't think we will find somebody better to fill his spot without breaking the bank.   Rice's success is a function of how well the rest of the D-line is doing its job and taking the focus away from Rice.  So Rice is not a game breaker player like he thinks he is, but he is a good piece of the puzzle. When the middle of the line is causing trouble for the offense, Rice makes them pay from the outside.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 17, 2006, 11:31:16 PM

There is no way we would get a 2nd rounder for that waste of space Booger. Wait, we did? Wow.

Rice is Rice. I don't think he's a detriment to the team. He may be overpaid, but most of that is roster bonus that we already paid. I don't think we will find somebody better to fill his spot without breaking the bank. Rice's success is a function of how well the rest of the D-line is doing its job and taking the focus away from Rice. So Rice is not a game breaker player like he thinks he is, but he is a good piece of the puzzle. When the middle of the line is causing trouble for the offense, Rice makes them pay from the outside.

Can you say hope to see Dwight Freeney (Syracuse!!) take his place?  I would love it.

#8 : October 18, 2006, 12:14:15 AM

Rice wont get a 1st rounder, I dont think. He couldnt get a 1st rounder last year and you know teh BUcs were shopping him for one. Reportedly Jacksonville was interested but wouldnt give up a late 1st. If we are lucky we get a 2nd round pick for Rice and I will be dancing naked in the streets. If not, he should be shytcanned

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 18, 2006, 06:32:11 AM

If we can get a 2nd for Booger, we must be able to get a 1st for Rice or at the very least, a 2nd.

Kelly im not so sure. Without his turf toe, probably a 2nd, but with it, a 3rd I think at best.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 18, 2006, 07:12:48 AM

I don't understand why they would want to trade Kelly.   Rice, maybe.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 18, 2006, 07:22:02 AM

Trade them now while we can get something. They're playing out the string. There is no presssure from the dline anymore. Look how young the offense is now and the energy it brings. Clean house.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 18, 2006, 07:57:06 AM

If Allen can get a #2 for Booger it would follow he can get a 1 and a 2 for Rice, and the 1 and a 3 for anyone else on the roster.  That was a miracle.  Good on ya Bruce Allen.

The talk about dumping players for picks is always interesting.  I am going to wait to see what the D line turns out to be over the next week or so.  We might find that Booger was causing more issues than were being attributed to him.  Folks don't forget how to play - as the bucs d showed this past week.  Hoping to see a lot more of the effort that lead to last weeks defensive performance.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 18, 2006, 08:00:03 AM

If Rice plays better down the stretch his value will increase.  I can see a team giving up a first for him but I doubt it becuase Freeney will most likely hit free agency.  At this point I would gladly take a second for him. As for Kelly with his turf toe injury a third would be the best you can hope for.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 18, 2006, 08:15:25 AM

Agree ADW, just amazed that bucs could get the 2 for the Boog.  Just could not see that potential in a trade.  Thus my comment - if you can get the 2 for the Boog - imagine what bucs could get for guys that actively participate in the games.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we can get a 2nd for Booger « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools