Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we can get a 2nd for Booger « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 18, 2006, 08:37:46 AM

Agree ADW, just amazed that bucs could get the 2 for the Boog.  Just could not see that potential in a trade.  Thus my comment - if you can get the 2 for the Boog - imagine what bucs could get for guys that actively participate in the games.

I agree!   :D

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 18, 2006, 10:31:59 AM

What you can get for a guy is not just based on how good he is but also by how badly another team needs his services. 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 18, 2006, 11:39:31 AM

i think rice is actually cheaper against the cap next year than he was this year.  if he can't fetch a 2nd-rounder we should definitely keep him.  it's not like he's hurting the team, and the cost of replacing him (esp. with white likely to take spires' spot next year) would be significant.

get a dominant UT in there and he'll look 4 years younger. he may be overpaid, but we're WAAAY under the cap right now and don't have to sweat relative salaries as much as we used to.

#18 : October 18, 2006, 11:50:01 AM

If Rice plays better down the stretch his value will increase.  I can see a team giving up a first for him but I doubt it becuase Freeney will most likely hit free agency.  At this point I would gladly take a second for him. As for Kelly with his turf toe injury a third would be the best you can hope for.

...and I don't think we'll get either a 1st or a 2nd for him, just because of the timing.  We got a 2nd for McFarland becuase the Colts felt he could be the difference between just making the playoffs and winning a SB.  Timing.  The Colts don't make this deal in the offseason.  Same applies to Simeon.  It will be a challenge to unload him because of the price tag he carries.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#19 : October 18, 2006, 11:53:48 AM

We also got a second round pick for Booger because Dungy wanted him in Indy, had coached him, and he knows the system. The stars lined up on that one. We are probably going to have to offer something alot better just to get another second round pick.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we can get a 2nd for Booger « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools