Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patience people...please? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 13, 2009, 03:07:49 PM

This is what you asked for. �This is a kid with all the physical tools you want. He's got the work ethic, the want to, the drive, the swagger...

He's just a Rook. �You must come to terms with this and live with it. �Now is totally not the time to start tripping on this kid. �He's not seen ANY of the things coming at him like this before. �Nor has he seen it at this speed. �The game has not slowed down for him yet.

Give him time. �

You begged for him, now you got him, now you got to live with him and his rookie mistakes and support him... �
The problem isn't his physical skills, nobody has ever denied the that I've seen.
His problem is all mental, he just can't process a game, it was the same in college so I'm not sure he will ever "get caught up with NFL speed"
As for his work ethic, it wasn;t all that long ago that we were hearing all kinds of reports about his work ethic.

I truely want him to be the franchise QB we've been waiting for since the begining of time but I'm just not seeing anything that says he will.

Freeman's mental game isn't his problem.

What is it then?

Lack of experience.

I agree... But I lump that into "mental game".

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 13, 2009, 03:07:59 PM

bad play call, bad O line play, bad decisions

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#17 : December 13, 2009, 03:09:06 PM

Sorry I dont know that word.. I wish I did but im sick of being disappointed week in and week out.

Well you should be used to it if you are a Bucs fan, the 70's the 80's and some of the 90's was just like this. Take a deep breath and relax.

Yes I am very aware of what happened back in the 70's and 80's but honestly why do we have to go through this again this franchise is better then this that bad omen should go to another team.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 13, 2009, 03:09:35 PM

This is what you asked for. �This is a kid with all the physical tools you want. He's got the work ethic, the want to, the drive, the swagger...

He's just a Rook. �You must come to terms with this and live with it. �Now is totally not the time to start tripping on this kid. �He's not seen ANY of the things coming at him like this before. �Nor has he seen it at this speed. �The game has not slowed down for him yet.

Give him time. �

You begged for him, now you got him, now you got to live with him and his rookie mistakes and support him... �
The problem isn't his physical skills, nobody has ever denied the that I've seen.
His problem is all mental, he just can't process a game, it was the same in college so I'm not sure he will ever "get caught up with NFL speed"
As for his work ethic, it wasn;t all that long ago that we were hearing all kinds of reports about his work ethic.

I truely want him to be the franchise QB we've been waiting for since the begining of time but I'm just not seeing anything that says he will.

What is it then?

Lack of experience.
But he's actually seems to be getting worse with experience.
The kid just isn't learning, I get that he's a rookie but you should be seeing progress in his game.

luke99

Starter

#19 : December 13, 2009, 03:09:41 PM

;D Chev, you are funny! What Skills does he have? What Swagger.. He looks like a Deer in the Headlights.

Hey maybe he will be the Rookie of the Week... Hey lets go back and give him some nicknames... I will start

RYAN LEAF! ;)

Let the excuses keep coming.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 13, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Chev where were you when he was having success?

Saying let's not get all excited, he's still a rookie.  Contrary to my feelings about the pick, the kid is a Buccaneer now.  You put that behind you and rout for the team as a whole.  Nothing I said was wrong.  He's stilla freaking rookie.  These are rookie mistakes.  We have to live with him through this and HOPE he learns from it...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 13, 2009, 03:12:49 PM

Give him time. �

What is it then?

Lack of experience.
The kid just isn't learning, I get that he's a rookie but you should be seeing progress in his game.

He is a rookie, so I do not expect "progress" as a rookie.  Secondarily he doesn't lack the intelligence to learn from his mistakes.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#22 : December 13, 2009, 03:13:20 PM

Sorry I dont know that word.. I wish I did but im sick of being disappointed week in and week out.

Well you should be used to it if you are a Bucs fan, the 70's the 80's and some of the 90's was just like this. Take a deep breath and relax.

Yes I am very aware of what happened back in the 70's and 80's but honestly why do we have to go through this again this franchise is better then this that bad omen should go to another team.

Because it is the natural progression of a football team to have a lot of success, the owners and management to rest on their laurels and let the team decline to the point it falls apart and needs to be rebuilt. Point in case, the 49ers. They have been bad for a bit and have started from scratch and are getting better. We were on a mediocre decline and needed to go back to basics and start again. Every team has these cycles, it's just our turn to have one now.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 13, 2009, 03:23:55 PM

Give him time. �

What is it then?

Lack of experience.

He is a rookie, so I do not expect "progress" as a rookie.  Secondarily he doesn't lack the intelligence to learn from his mistakes.

You don't expect progress with playing experience?
Well what will help him improve, hours being schooled on Madden by Morris?
EVERY young player should improve with experience unless they just aren't good enough.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 13, 2009, 03:25:20 PM

Give him time. �

What is it then?

Lack of experience.

You don't expect progress with playing experience?
Well what will help him improve, hours being schooled on Madden by Morris?
EVERY young player should improve with experience unless they just aren't good enough.

Progress with QB's should be measured on what they do year 2.  Right now if Freeman shows anything as a rookie consider it a bonus.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 13, 2009, 03:27:29 PM

Chev I'm with you buddy..  He's got to get better talent around him and better coaches..  Freeman played very well in his first 4 games..  And he's playing against a pretty good defense....

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 13, 2009, 04:06:02 PM

Nothing he's doing suggests it can't be fixed with time, experience, and practice...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#27 : December 13, 2009, 04:09:18 PM

Nothing he's doing suggests it can't be fixed with time, experience, and practice...

Chev, what's your take on his inaccuracy issues?  he was way off, and his Completion % from college indicates that this is a problem.

Also, IMO, our OL coach needs to be fired tomorrow.  No questions asked.

Personally, with my untrained eyes, I think we'll eventually be fine, and I'm ready to give the HC and GM another year to get things corrected.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 13, 2009, 04:11:58 PM

Chev, what's your take on his inaccuracy issues?  he was way off, and his Completion % from college indicates that this is a problem.

Personally, with my untrained eyes, I think we'll eventually be fine, and I'm ready to give the HC and GM another year to get things corrected.

Freeman wasn't projected to be a WCO QB at the pro level.  Olson trying to force him to use his modified Gruden offense is playing to his weaknesses.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 13, 2009, 04:35:15 PM

My problem is that Freeman was drafted by a very over-his-head coach.  In a way, that puts Josh in a lose-lose situation.  If we fire Raheem, Freeman most likely will have to learn a new system under a new regime, which will be a setback.  If Raheem is kept, I don't have confidence that Raheem and company can develop the kid.  I hope I am wrong.

Best thing to happen to Freeman would be a new OC that is committed to the run, with play action passes down field.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patience people...please? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools