Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patience people...please? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 13, 2009, 04:21:39 PM

Nothing he's doing suggests it can't be fixed with time, experience, and practice...

Chev, what's your take on his inaccuracy issues? he was way off, and his Completion % from college indicates that this is a problem.

Also, IMO, our OL coach needs to be fired tomorrow. No questions asked.

Personally, with my untrained eyes, I think we'll eventually be fine, and I'm ready to give the HC and GM another year to get things corrected.

I think his problems are locking onto receivers and throwing too late. Throwing behind receivers to me indicates the game is usually moving too fast.  By the time he recognizes a guy to be open and throws it, that's too late. More often than not the ball should have already been gone.  But that's rooke stuff.  You don't learn from that until you go through it, play in it, and see that for yourself...His mind has to speed up his progressions and will speed up the ball coming out as well...

And let's not disrespect the other team by thinking they were not going tomake it difficult for him.  Giving him looks they know he hasn't seen...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#31 : December 13, 2009, 04:22:27 PM

Even the announcers said they should bring in the back-up.

Gannon and Eagle were slobbering all over the Jets the entire game.    I guess they were trying
to keep people watching?   blech.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#32 : December 13, 2009, 04:23:25 PM

Im even surprised this game was on tv, they should just black out the rest of the games we lay in because this is no pro football team.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 13, 2009, 04:23:56 PM

Freeman wasn't projected to be a WCO QB at the pro level.  Olson trying to force him to use his modified Gruden offense is playing to his weaknesses.

ADW...for all the looney things you post....you raise a pretty decent point.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Orangegone1

Starter

#34 : December 13, 2009, 04:24:04 PM

I agree. We need patience. Everyone know that old saying that you need to take 14 steps back for 1 step forward.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#35 : December 13, 2009, 04:24:53 PM

i think he had a good games against green bay, miami and atlanta.

bad games against the jets, saints and panthers.

hes shown some skill. give it time.

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 13, 2009, 04:24:59 PM

Freeman wasn't projected to be a WCO QB at the pro level. �Olson trying to force him to use his modified Gruden offense is playing to his weaknesses.

ADW...for all the looney things you post....you raise a pretty decent point.

I find a nut once in a while. :D

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 13, 2009, 04:28:05 PM

i think he had a good games against green bay, miami and atlanta.

bad games against the jets, saints and panthers.

hes shown some skill.

I think a few of us have forgotten about that. They're so frustrated by these last couple of games that they can't remember the exciting things he's done.

Ups and downs.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 13, 2009, 04:32:02 PM

It's frustrating, but to many of us, it's not too surprising. He's a rookie who will have some very difficult games. And to top it off, he played against a very good D run by a guy known for confusing QBs. And that includes vets. Freeman will progress and regress. That's the nature of rookie QBs.

We were spoiled by some of Free's early success. Now's the time for patience because we're going to need it.

Not upset with Freeman at all.  

#39 : December 13, 2009, 04:34:13 PM

My problem is that Freeman was drafted by a very over-his-head coach.  In a way, that puts Josh in a lose-lose situation.  If we fire Raheem, Freeman most likely will have to learn a new system under a new regime, which will be a setback.  If Raheem is kept, I don't have confidence that Raheem and company can develop the kid.  I hope I am wrong.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 13, 2009, 04:37:12 PM

Kind of hard to be committed to the run today. For the most part, the run wasn't there.

#41 : December 13, 2009, 04:37:18 PM

My problem is that Freeman was drafted by a very over-his-head coach. �In a way, that puts Josh in a lose-lose situation. �If we fire Raheem, Freeman most likely will have to learn a new system under a new regime, which will be a setback. �If Raheem is kept, I don't have confidence that Raheem and company can develop the kid. �I hope I am wrong.

Best thing to happen to Freeman would be a new OC that is committed to the run, with play action passes down field.

That would mean replacing Raheem and company, right?  I think you are right.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 13, 2009, 04:39:33 PM

Kind of hard to be committed to the run today. For the most part, the run wasn't there.

Last week I thought Olson went away from the run too often but this week we were right back to our usual abortion of a run game and there was no point in trying to make something happen there.  You know things are wrong when no RB on your roster averages more than 2 ypc.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

luke99

Starter

#43 : December 13, 2009, 04:47:05 PM

Too funny some of you making excuses for Freeman.. This was a horrible pick from the get go. you are now seeing what was told you from the start. The kid is toast.

But he is our Toast ;D

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 13, 2009, 04:47:18 PM

1989, Troy Aikman, 52% comp, 9 tds, 18 ints.

Not that i'm saying Free will play on Aikman's level, but it sure is a good thing fans didn't run him down like Buc fans are.

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patience people...please? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools