Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR/JF: Stovall??? « previous next »
Page: 1

: October 17, 2006, 11:22:45 PM

Any scoop on him?  IMO, he would be a big weapon in the red zone due to his size.

This kid NEEDS to be on the field with the rest of the youth movement.

Any reason for his lack of PT that you know of??

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 17, 2006, 11:27:49 PM

It has already been said that Stove doesn't have the ST ability the Bucs want out of their #4 wideouts.  I think that is the only thing holding him back, until he cracks the top 3...a job Ike has firmly in grasp this season (despite his detractors, I think Ike plays a great game).

Don't expect to see too much of Stove.  I do think he will get some action, which would benefit the Bucs next year, if they choose to get Ike out of the equation.  Which I hope they don't.  Ike provides good depth, knowledge of the offense.  And isn't a threat to become "noisy" in the lockerroom, and comes on the cheap, so to speak.

#2 : October 17, 2006, 11:37:08 PM

Again Boid, you make great points, especially that Ike never complains.  The guy has been money on third downs too.  All he does is suit up every week and contribute receptions when the ball is thrown his way.

Still, I'd like to see #85 get some chances.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 17, 2006, 11:39:43 PM

Again Boid, you make great points, especially that Ike never complains. The guy has been money on third downs too. All he does is suit up every week and contribute receptions when the ball is thrown his way.

Still, I'd like to see #85 get some chances.

You and me both Prefer. 
IMO, he would be a big weapon in the red zone due to his size.

This kid NEEDS to be on the field with the rest of the youth movement.

Nuff said right there.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 17, 2006, 11:43:11 PM

In a way, I think the Bucs would benefit from putting in Clayton, Stove, and Ike in the redzone (from about 15 out).  They are all solid route runners, Ike is clutch, and the other two (85 and 80) are big, physical guys who can even help on the occasional runs (blocking), and be big targets, which would benefit Grads.

But Joey is still the man!

#5 : October 17, 2006, 11:49:17 PM

Joey's game is speed, which is negated in the red zone.  So size and hands become crucial.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR/JF: Stovall??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools