Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Receiver For Depth in 2010? « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: December 14, 2009, 02:05:22 PM

Adarius Bowman was once said to be a potential late first to second round pick a few years ago after two years in obscurity working his way back onto the radar of NFL teams in the CFL, does anyone think he could be added in 2010 for depth and competition? In two years in the CFL he has amassed 78 catches for 1,238 yards and 9 touchdowns. I guess the biggest question a team would have to figure out is whether or not he has matured mentally - put down the sticky green and willing to work at his craft at the NFL level.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 14, 2009, 02:06:29 PM

Adarius Bowman was once said to be a potential late first to second round pick a few years ago after two years in obscurity working his way back onto the radar of NFL teams in the CFL, does anyone think he could be added in 2010 for depth and competition? In two years in the CFL he has amassed 78 catches for 1,238 yards and 9 touchdowns. I guess the biggest question a team would have to figure out is whether or not he has matured mentally - put down the sticky green and willing to work at his craft at the NFL level.

I remember him coming out. I don't think he has the speed or quickness to really be a factor in the NFL.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 14, 2009, 02:07:48 PM

Neither does Clayton and he held the Bucs at gun point this off-season.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#3 : December 14, 2009, 02:09:41 PM

No reciever on our team is worth holding onto...and that includes Bryant!

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : December 14, 2009, 03:54:08 PM

What about Stroughter?

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#5 : December 14, 2009, 03:58:13 PM

What about Stroughter?

What about Stroughter?  This board acts like he is the 2nd coming...

I would say hang on to him and see what he can do, but he'll never be more than a 2, even if he can get there.  We have a bunch of no-talented scrubs and THEY have proven that over the past several years.   

Let Bryant walk.   boo freakin hoo. 

ilovebeer

Starter

#6 : December 14, 2009, 04:04:51 PM

I think Byrant, Stovall, and Stroughter are worth holding on to.  I think Stovall is a good #4 or #5 WR.  He plays good special teams and this year he has shown he can contribute. 

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 14, 2009, 05:00:00 PM

Depth? How about we look for some starters first.

Bryant is a big question mark.

Stroughter has been overrated by this board a bit, but I think he's definitely our slot receiver of the future.

Still need a real #1 and 2.

I don't want to see a bunch of Brian Clarks, Stovalls, Claytons anywhere near the field.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#8 : December 14, 2009, 05:13:05 PM

^ +!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Receiver For Depth in 2010? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools