Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Ingram- 2009 Heisman Trophy winner « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

« #30 : December 15, 2009, 10:11:30 PM »

Nobody said that ypc means everything, but it means something, and will be brought up when clowns act like rushing yaards means everything.

Lamichael James? He isn't, and never was in this discussion.
It's like you said, completely worthless trying to have a conversation with the guy. His agenda and grammar is horrid. After reading some of the stuff he was writing up about Blount and the hellacious freak out he had after the Boise State game I knew this Duck didn't have much upstairs.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #31 : December 15, 2009, 10:14:33 PM »

Gearhart will be a great player to follow in the NFL and one who reminds me of Alstott with his physicality.
better hope the bucs draft him then, because the only people that will hear squat about gerhart are those that are fans of the team for which he plays.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #32 : December 15, 2009, 10:18:33 PM »

If you think OBF is at his worst now, or even while the Blount incident was in full swing, you should have been around during the Oklahoma/Oregon debacle in '05.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

« #33 : December 15, 2009, 10:29:38 PM »

If you think OBF is at his worst now, or even while the Blount incident was in full swing, you should have been around during the Oklahoma/Oregon debacle in '05.
Glad I missed out..

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #34 : December 15, 2009, 10:48:11 PM »

Nobody said that ypc means everything, but it means something, and will be brought up when clowns act like rushing yaards means everything.

Lamichael James? He isn't, and never was in this discussion.

Than whats in the discussion?

Because last I checked Gearhart played better rushing defenses, has more TD and yards? So what am I missing?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 15, 2009, 10:50:34 PM »

hey at least Oregon can beat Utah hahahahahahahahaha.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #36 : December 16, 2009, 10:32:37 AM »

Ingram's the much better all around back. It was obvious all season, and will be proven at the next level.

Hell, Ingram had damn near a full yard more per touch than Gerhart.

I can't believe how much whining about this there is on this board. I'm not seeing it anwhere else. Is it just our typical "PRCFB hate"?

a yard more per touch? Bama's O-line was at least +1 yard better, so moot.

Main thing to me is Ingram's biggest games were against top teams (VaTech, @ Ole Miss, SC, LSU, UF) so he didn't pad his stats. He hardly played vs FIU, N.Tex Chattanoga.  He made BIG plays when it mattered, in close games.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 17, 2009, 02:39:11 PM »

Great players play great in big games.  Ingram carried the Tide on his back and beat Florida.  He earned that trophy, IMO.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Ingram- 2009 Heisman Trophy winner « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools