Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jim Leavitt struck player during halftime « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 15, 2009, 01:34:52 AM

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-coach-jim-leavitt-denies-striking-player/1058816

Greg Aumun has added even more. Paul Miller (the player's father) now is saying that McMurphy asked unrelated questions to get quotes to use out of context.  This whole thing is another set up just like the Gilchrist claims last month. 

The local media needs to not just gloss over this story, there is way too much evidence that points to McMurphy just flat out making things up to make USF look bad.  This has to stop. The only way to do it is to discredit him.  I cannot understand how this guy keeps getting away with this stuff.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 15, 2009, 01:35:59 AM

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/dec/14/150013/report-says-usfs-leavitt-struck-player/sports-colleges-bulls/

The Tribune is also disputing McMurphy's story.  I forgot to mention just a few months ago that McMurphy, while still at the Tribune, wrote an article stating that Jarrod Famous (big USF basketball recruit) was trying to get out of his letter of intent. He didn't want to go to USF, etc.  The St. Pete Times called his JUCO coach and his father and Jarrod Famous himself.  All of them said that was a flat out lie and had no clue where this report was coming from.

The list of stories with him like this go on and on.  He has just really upped the stakes since his firing.  This is getting out of control though. This story has been picked up by ESPN and was on Sportscenter tonight. The problem is they aren't mentioning that Miller's father says none of it is true and that his high school coach said he didn't know anything about it.  They are reporting it as if its fact.  This guy is single handedly trying to destroy Leavitt's reputation and destroy our recruiting class this year.  Hence the timing of this article.  Its crunch time for recruiting as HS football seasons are ending and signing day is less than 2 months away.

To be clear, I am a USF alum, donor, and season ticket holder. But...I have been one of the boosters that has been stating its time to let Leavitt go and move on to another coach the past few years.  I don't like the lack of discipline and the inconsistancy of the team.  I think Leavitt has taken us as far as he can and we need a guy who can take us to the next level.  So I am not a Leavitt loyalist.  But, I do not want him to go out like this.  Not at the hands of a rogue reporter with an agenda.  This guy needs to serve jail time or something.  I don't see how he keeps getting away with this nonsense.  Every time the local papers just write a story that contradicts his and nothing further happens.  Its time for the local media to expose him.

#17 : December 15, 2009, 07:44:39 AM

If this turns out to be true, USF won't have much of a choice in the matter. Which direction does USF go if they fire Leavitt? Scot Loeffler perhaps?

I know someone who use to coach under Leavitt...he is an arrogant prick according to this coach

this is why he cannot keep coaches on staff (along with him being cheap)

he's cheap?   you got a link

It wasnt a linked story...I know someone who was on his staff first hand
He doesnt throw the coaches any bones. All the big D1 coaches treat their staff well...Leavitt is one of the few who doesnt
This is why McCartney left  USF for a lateral job and who all the rest of his staff seem to run to the hills

ranman

Pro Bowler
#18 : December 15, 2009, 08:10:57 AM

Leavitt's sideline demeanor + Hack story on the newswire + recruiting season = bad news for the bulls. 

I respect anyone who builds a program like he has done, but it is time to try to get beyond their late season collapses and try to aspire for something other than a bowl game in St Pete or Toronto.  The atheletes there are better than what the results show.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 15, 2009, 08:26:49 AM

If this turns out to be true, USF won't have much of a choice in the matter. Which direction does USF go if they fire Leavitt? Scot Loeffler perhaps?

I know someone who use to coach under Leavitt...he is an arrogant prick according to this coach

he's cheap?   you got a link

He doesnt throw the coaches any bones. All the big D1 coaches treat their staff well...Leavitt is one of the few who doesnt
This is why McCartney left USF for a lateral job and who all the rest of his staff seem to run to the hills

translation .... you're talking out your rear .... thanks

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 15, 2009, 08:43:54 AM

It seems clear to me that this is a hatchet job. Unfortunately, hatchet jobs can do a lot of damage. Luckily for USF fans, this McMurphy clown was fired.[/color]

Actually, it's only made it worse. when he was at the Trib there was at least some semblance of accountability for him. At this Fanhouse thing, it's nothing but a bunch of bloggers with zero accountability ...

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 15, 2009, 08:55:17 AM

This is why McCartney left  USF for a lateral job[/color] and who all the rest of his staff seem to run to the hills

Why did Starr, Harrison and Lennon leave then?

McCarney left for the same job at Florida. Even ther most staunchest of Bulls supporters understand that's NOT a lateral move ...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 15, 2009, 10:23:00 AM

he's cheap?   you got a link

No link needed. It is a fact that Leavitt has not signed one single free agent, nor has he signed any of his star players to long term deals. He just lets them play for 3 or 4 years and just lets them leave without even trying to sign them to long term deals. CHEAP!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 15, 2009, 11:22:07 AM

he's cheap? ? you got a link

No link needed. It is a fact that Leavitt has not signed one single free agent, nor has he signed any of his star players to long term deals. He just lets them play for 3 or 4 years and just lets them leave without even trying to sign them to long term deals. CHEAP!

well he definitely doesn't pay his players as much as Rich Rodriguez does.  That's a known fact

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 15, 2009, 01:43:33 PM

What is with all these coaches becoming violent?  I've coached for years, and yea, I've got pissed and I've blown up, made guys run till I got tired, whatever, but it would never occur to me to strike a player.  Just seems...petty?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 15, 2009, 03:56:07 PM

What is with all these coaches becoming violent?  I've coached for years, and yea, I've got pissed and I've blown up, made guys run till I got tired, whatever, but it would never occur to me to strike a player.  Just seems...petty?

Striking a player in anger is wrong .... but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 15, 2009, 07:16:37 PM

What is with all these coaches becoming violent? I've coached for years, and yea, I've got pissed and I've blown up, made guys run till I got tired, whatever, but it would never occur to me to strike a player. Just seems...petty?

Come on.  You think this is a new thing.   

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 16, 2009, 10:01:59 AM

LOL at "made guys run till I got tired"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#28 : December 16, 2009, 05:39:30 PM

Deumig the idiot has Leavitt convicted, already. The hypocrit Deumig (DUI), of all people, should realize that the allegations need to be investigated before coming to conclusions.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 16, 2009, 05:46:55 PM

LOL at "made guys run till I got tired"

Never ask a pissed off coach "how long do we have to run" ;)

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jim Leavitt struck player during halftime « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools