Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your 2010 Preseason top 25 « previous next »
Page: 1

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: December 15, 2009, 08:20:33 PM

They start earlier than presidential elections...
nationalchamps.net
1. Alabama
2. Boise State
3. Oregon
4. Florida
5. Ohio State
6. TCU
7. Texas
8. Georgia Tech
9. Iowa
10. Miami FL
11. Penn State
12. Nebraska
13. Southern California
14. Cincinnati
15. North Carolina
16. Oklahoma
17. Oregon State
18. Virginia Tech
19. West Virginia
20. Houston
21. Louisiana State
22. Wisconsin
23. Georgia
24. Arkansas
25. Missouri

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 16, 2009, 10:19:37 AM

Kinda meaningless until all the Juniors declare.

#1 Bama, don't see that. I think they'll lose too many D studs to NFL$$$ But if McElroy plays consistently like he did vs Florida, they could be in the hunt.

#2 BSU???

#3 Oregon, '10 could be their best shot at a title.

UF at #4? Too high. New DC, will lose at least 4 starters off D and probably G, C, plus Srs Cooper, Hernandez, and Tebow. Brantley may actually be a better passer but "to who??" ........has USF at home, Bama on the Road!!! I expect 10-2 maybe 10-3

#6 TCU, bound to lose some key players, seems too high.

#10 Miami, too low. Very young in '09 @Ohio St. @Pitt I think they could go 11-1 if injuries don't plague them.

#13 USC too low. they'll be a top 10 maybe top 5 team. Very young, very few losses to NFL.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#2 : December 16, 2009, 02:15:02 PM

agree on waiting for the JR class to declare.  Reports out of Columbus are already 10 Juniors in exploratory stage.  I think it should be a high year for early entries due to the CBA demise.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#3 : December 16, 2009, 03:59:56 PM

USC is winning the national championship next year. We're loaded. I told you before the season OBF that we would lose 3 or 4 games and that Oregon's chance to win the Pac-10 was this year. Now Oregon, Cal, and Notre Dame come to SC rather than us going to play them, although we still have some rough road trips like Stanford and Arizona.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 17, 2009, 01:47:46 AM

USC is winning the national championship next year. We're loaded. I told you before the season OBF that we would lose 3 or 4 games and that Oregon's chance to win the Pac-10 was this year. Now Oregon, Cal, and Notre Dame come to SC rather than us going to play them, although we still have some rough road trips like Stanford and Arizona.

USC loses a lot of key players on the OL and secondary.

Oregon returns every single starter on offense besides TE **CENSORED**son, and on defense one DT and a safety. Ill put money right now on Oregon repeating. And I also think OSU will have something to say. They will have the best defensive player in the pac 10 (Paea) and they return basicially everyone but QB.

Oregon does go to USC but to be honest Im more worried about going to Tennessee.

I still think Oregon is to high at #3m guys like Ted Miller think they will be in the national championship game, I personally think they will lay an egg at some point. But If I was a betting man Oregon will be predicted to win the pac-10 again.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 17, 2009, 01:57:45 AM

Kinda meaningless until all the Juniors declare.

#1 Bama, don't see that. I think they'll lose too many D studs to NFL$$$ But if McElroy plays consistently like he did vs Florida, they could be in the hunt.

#2 BSU???

#3 Oregon, '10 could be their best shot at a title.

UF at #4? Too high. New DC, will lose at least 4 starters off D and probably G, C, plus Srs Cooper, Hernandez, and Tebow. Brantley may actually be a better passer but "to who??" ........has USF at home, Bama on the Road!!! I expect 10-2 maybe 10-3

#6 TCU, bound to lose some key players, seems too high.

#10 Miami, too low. Very young in '09 @Ohio St. @Pitt I think they could go 11-1 if injuries don't plague them.

#13 USC too low. they'll be a top 10 maybe top 5 team. Very young, very few losses to NFL.

BSU was a bit weird but they return everybody, and if they beat TCU I could see it.

USC IMO is about right. You gotta see how Barkley does, they will lose Williams to the draft, there RB havent stepped up they lose a few on the OL. I think they are better than 13 but for now I think its safe.

One schedule I just looked at... Oregon State plays Boise State, and opening week in Dallas Stadium vs TCU. OSU wont beat TCU if they dont get a 5th year for QB Moevao. And I doubt they beat Boise. But it would be nice if OSU beat somebody in OOC. They have a lot of guys returning. OSU just added TCU officially this week, seems odd they would do that knowing they probably wont get a 5th year with Moevao and will be starting a new QB on the road.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 17, 2009, 04:05:37 PM

Just scanning through that list...

Bama is too high. They'll probably be ranked #1 based solely on (most likely)winning the title game, but they lose a lot of players, most importantly McClain.

Boise might very well BE that good since they lose almost no one, but they won't be ranked there. Especially if they lose to TCU.

Florida is way too high. We lose Tebow, Cooper, possibly both Pounceys, and likely more than half of our defensive starters. Oh, and Charlie Strong too. I wouldn't even put us top 10. We'll be back in 2011 though.

Ohio State is too high. I see no reason to believe that their offense gets much better at all.

TCU loses Hughes and Washington. I believe I few more key players too. I might put them as high as 10, but that's it...which makes it even more unfortunate that they won't get a chance at the title this year. This was their year.

As much as I hate to say it, Miami and USC should both be higher.

Iowa should be lower.

Nebraska is too high.

UNC shouldn't even be ranked. Their only strength is defense, and they lose a few to the draft. Their offense is bad and not getting much better. What is, this, basketball?

Oklahoma, Oregon State, LSU, and Va Tech should be higher.

Arkansas should be quite a bit higher.

Also, OregonBucFan, I think you'll enjoy this gif:

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 20, 2009, 12:08:06 PM

WVU should be higher than 19.
I dont know - we'll be starting Eugine at QB and Noel will likely be gone, but I have faith that Jock and Tavon will fill in nicely at RB/WR.  I'd he happy with a 19 ranking going into the season.  

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 25, 2009, 03:52:10 PM

Yea, but we have been getting REALLY good recruits, I have high expections.

so has ucla and Washington for years...

Im not saying WVU wont be top 19 or that they should be higher, but basing your hope on some unknowns is pretty unknown.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 25, 2009, 04:38:07 PM

We're going to have a real good year next season.

ok

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 28, 2009, 06:40:50 PM

Bama is too high. They'll probably be ranked #1 based solely on (most likely)winning the title game, but they lose a lot of players, most importantly McClain.
Bama should be better in 2010 than they are in 2009.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 29, 2009, 09:49:26 AM

Florida should drop considerably if Meyer isn't on the sidelines in '10. Top 15 at best.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 29, 2009, 10:34:36 PM

Yea, but we have been getting REALLY good recruits, I have high expections.

so has ucla and Washington for years...

Im not saying WVU wont be top 19 or that they should be higher, but basing your hope on some unknowns is pretty unknown.

We don't graduate a lot of people.  If our Soph. QB keeps up what he did when he was in this season, we should be ok.  Devine also hinted that he was going to come back, so thats nice.  He, Jock Sanders, and Tavon Austin in the backfield will be nasty. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your 2010 Preseason top 25 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools