Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You ask... Where is the offenses Rhythm? « previous next »
Page: 1

: December 16, 2009, 08:17:09 AM

This offense continues to digress, and I think most would attribute that to a rookie QB and playcalling.

We all know that JF is going to take some time.

I also think that Olson is in a bad position, no matter what he does with regards to the type
of plays he calls.

It's obvious it takes a lot for an offense to be successful but the only benchmark (besides the score) is the rhythm.   Only one time this year have I seen this offense get into a groove/rhythm and that was at the Panthers.  (Poor scheming by their D.)

Timing, execution and schemeing (prior to and on the fly) are the three main parts to get a rhythm going... case and point: Saints or Colts

Timing is on the players.  Experience and Familiarity corrects this...
Execution is on the players.  Talent, Experience and Familiarity corrects this...
Schemeing is on the OC.  In this situation, Experience (OC and Players), Familiarity (Players), Talent(OC and Players) are limiting the playcalling options

and thus, we end up with an offense that is not successful and has little or no rhythm on most outings.  It's easy to critique a play call with the benefit of hindsight...  (everyone is an expert.) 

One could look at any of these games and see where this offense is failing. 

Take the jets offense and defense as an example

Offensively -
Running the ball was on time and in rhythm.
Execution of the Oline/Back was on time and in rhythm/Passing was not in time or a rhythm.
Schemeing was in advance and was adjusted on the fly

Defensively -
Timing the blitzes killed us.
The Players executed the blitzes and run fits flawlessly.
Schemeing was top three in the league, easily.

What is my point? 
It is going to take some time together for this offense to get their perverbial **CENSORED**e together. 

To see more wins (if that is what you're currently rooting for)  this year, hope the opposing team does not use the Jets/Giants model.  We do not have the 'horses' to compete if that is the case.

How do they fix it this season(other than more time,talent and execution?)   Do one thing, focus on that one thing and do it well.  Hope the defense plays well.

#1 : December 16, 2009, 11:27:33 AM

FWIW - The bucs call it "tempo".
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You ask... Where is the offenses Rhythm? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools