Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd McShay has us picking 2nd in the draft, and we select... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 16, 2009, 10:33:50 AM

We have a pro bowl OG, are you really complaining?

We have a pro bowl alternate OG who shouldn't been there anyways. Plus, what people always miss is opportunity cost. Can you get the same or similar production much later and in Davin's case yes.

No one can even tell me, other than a position swtich, what Berry does for us? We hope he does what DJax does. DJax is back there and unless your theory is we'll pay him big $$$$ and layout the long green for the #2 overall so we can what, dump a ton of salary into the S position? We'll corner the market on great S play and get ripped to shreds everywhere else.

Berry is a nice player he just plays what is functionally a low value position so he's a replacable element that guys at other spots aren't.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

calicojack

Starter
#16 : December 16, 2009, 10:34:22 AM

Berry's play seemed to drop off in Kiffin's D.  It certainly didn't get better.  Never a good sign to see a drop like that, IMO...

The Dream Team

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 16, 2009, 10:36:38 AM

I like Berry, I just don't like a SS at #2 overall.
I think he's a FS at the NFL level.

We have a good FS already...

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 16, 2009, 10:37:04 AM

I like Berry...

I love Suh.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Balls Out

Starter
#19 : December 16, 2009, 10:38:53 AM

That's a pick I'm going to break my TV if we make it. It'll rate as dumb as taking Davin at 23rd.

I know this has to do with taking a safety so high, but let me ask you this, if you knew you were getting an Ed Reed or Troy P., you wouldn't draft them #1 overall?

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

yungbull

Starter
#20 : December 16, 2009, 10:40:30 AM

We have a pro bowl alternate OG who shouldn't been there anyways. Plus, what people always miss is opportunity cost. Can you get the same or similar production much later and in Davin's case yes.

No one can even tell me, other than a position swtich, what Berry does for us? We hope he does what DJax does. DJax is back there and unless your theory is we'll pay him big $$$$ and layout the long green for the #2 overall so we can what, dump a ton of salary into the S position? We'll corner the market on great S play and get ripped to shreds everywhere else.

Berry is a nice player he just plays what is functionally a low value position so he's a replacable element that guys at other spots aren't.

I agree, are there any other teams in the league with 2 game changing safeties?  That may be a overkill, but I haven't really been exposed to Derrick Morgan, and McCoy hasn't really impressed me in what he has done in the few years.  

Who would you like to see go if Suh is gone?  And when was the last time a safety was picked this high in a deep draft?

#21 : December 16, 2009, 10:40:50 AM

I like Berry...

I love Suh.

x2

I like Berry

I can live with someone else if Berry and Suh are not in the cards

JC510

Practice Squad

#22 : December 16, 2009, 10:44:01 AM

Berry is a better player but McCoy would help the team more.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 16, 2009, 10:45:14 AM

I like Berry, I just don't like a SS at #2 overall.
I think he's a FS at the NFL level.

We have a good FS already...
I have no problem with Jackson, but we already passed on the best MLB and best RB in the game because we were "good" at those positions. If Berry is truly an Ed Reed/Rod Woodson type player, I don't care who is already on the team.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 16, 2009, 10:46:00 AM

If we got Steve Hutchinson or Alan Faneca, it would have been worth it. Joseph is no Steve Hutchinson or Alan Faneca.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#25 : December 16, 2009, 10:47:25 AM

when was the last time a safety was picked this high in a deep draft?

Eric Turner in 1991---second pick in the draft

However Sean Taylor was the #5 pick a few years ago

calicojack

Starter
#26 : December 16, 2009, 10:49:49 AM

Depending on what they do with the contracts of  Penn and Trueblood, we may need Russell Okung...

The Dream Team

yungbull

Starter
#27 : December 16, 2009, 10:59:45 AM

Depending on what they do with the contracts of  Penn and Trueblood, we may need Russell Okung...

I thought about that also, but I don't like his size as much.  Micheal Oher is about the same size but I don't think Okung is as good.  Although I feel bad for bashing my alma mater's great prospect. 

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 16, 2009, 11:10:28 AM

1) St. Louis Rams
Record: 1-12

Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Reach for a quarterback or take the top defensive lineman in the class? Tough call, but we think the Rams should take Suh. Anyone who saw the Big 12 championship game knows what kind of effect the explosive Suh can have on a game. He is a disruptive run defender with the arm strength to toss aside blockers and the quickness to make plays behind the line of scrimmage. Although he isn't the most polished pass-rusher, he clearly has great potential in this area.

2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Record: 1-12

Eric Berry*, S, Tennessee
The Bucs might be hesitant to take a safety with the second overall selection, but we believe he's the premier prospect in the 2010 class. Much like the Baltimore Ravens' All-ProEd Reed, Berry is a game-changer with exceptional versatility.

3) Cleveland Browns
Record: 2-11

Derrick Morgan*, DE, Georgia Tech
Morgan can anchor at the point of attack, make plays in pursuit, get to the quarterback coming off the edge and drop into coverage. That type of versatility would be a nice addition to a Browns defensive front seven that lacks difference-makers.

4) Detroit Lions
Record: 2-11

Gerald McCoy*, DT, Oklahoma
The Lions are in dire need of a difference-maker along the defensive front, and McCoy is the prototypical 3-technique with the quick first step and power to make a living in opposing backfields.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4730972

I don't know what the rule is on insider articles, so im only posting the first few picks, but according to this mock draft and every other out there, we are picking 2nd. I know our rush Def is horrible, but can we really complain about picking Eric Berry?

Dumb.  The Rams NEED a QB desperately.  Bulger is literally falling apart and Kyle Boller is no starter.  The Rams haven't drafted a franchise QB since.....???  They'll take Jimmy Clausen.  Not only is he experience with the vertical offense that they want to run, he's accustomed to being under media scrutiny.  The pick makes good sense.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 16, 2009, 11:16:07 AM

We better take Berry if Suh is gone.

This team has so many holes.. I wouldnt be upset if Berry wasnt the guy.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd McShay has us picking 2nd in the draft, and we select... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools