Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DraftCountdown FINALLY released an updated mock draft and the Ram select.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yungbull

Starter
: December 17, 2009, 09:21:55 AM

1   ST. LOUIS RAMS:   SAM BRADFORD, QB, OKLAHOMA

Scouting Report
  Washington’s Jake Locker would have been the slam-dunk pick for St. Louis but he is going back for his senior year, which complicates things for the Rams. Do they just move to the next best quarterback and take either Sam Bradford from Oklahoma or Jimmy Clausen from Notre Dame or do they try to address their defense with Nebraska’s Ndamukong Suh? Steve Spagnuolo is a defensive-minded coach who loves to put pressure on the quarterback and right now the Rams don’t have any difference-makers up front so Suh would make a lot of sense. However, everything revolves around the quarterback position and the Rams just can’t afford to pass on a potential franchise signal caller. The Bradford / Clausen debate will likely go down to the wire but in the end I think Bradford gets the nod due to his superior intangibles. Bradford might have been the #1 overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft but he opted to spend another year in college. Unfortunately that didn’t work out as planned and he wound up missing most of the season with an injury to his throwing shoulder, which required surgery. Despite the questions about his health / durability and concerns about the spread system he played in with the Sooners it looks as though Bradford is still in line to be a Top 10 pick as long as there are no red flags in the medical checkups. Even though Bradford doesn’t have a cannon for an arm he possesses good size, is an extraordinarily accurate passer with a quick release and also extremely smart. Much like Atlanta fans who were clamoring for Glenn Dorsey over Matt Ryan there will surely be those who want the Rams to go with Suh. St. Louis will entertain that thought but at the end of the day they  have  to pull the trigger on a quarterback.
 2   TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS:   NDAMUKONG SUH, DT, NEBRASKA

Scouting Report
  Once upon a time Tampa had the best set of defensive tackles in the league with Warren Sapp and Booger McFarland but those days are long gone. Chris Hovan is solid and Ryan Sims has managed to salvage his career to a degree but neither will be mistaken for a Pro Bowler anytime. After trading away Gaines Adams the Bucs now suffer from a severe lack of playmakers along their defensive line so unless a youngster like Roy Miller, Dre Moore or Kyle Moore emerges they will have to bring in a top talent up front. It’s rare to see a defensive tackle take over a game but that is exactly what Nebraska’s Ndamukong Suh has demonstrated the ability to do the past couple of years.  Whether it’s sacking the quarterback, making tackles behind the line of scrimmage or even intercepting passes, Suh is as dominant of a defensive tackle as the college game has seen in many years. Arguably the premier senior prospect in the country, Suh is a legitimate Top 5 talent and he would give the Buccaneers retooled defense a major boost. Tampa Bay could also opt for Oklahoma’s Gerald McCoy, who is essentially in a dead heat with Suh for the top spot in the defensive tackle rankings, and Oklahoma St. wide receiver Dez Bryant might be a darkhorse.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Idk how believable this mock is, but it looks damn good, wouldn't you agree?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 17, 2009, 09:28:22 AM

Yeah the Lambs need the QB and god help I want them to really want the QB to go there since we don't need that guy.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

yungbull

Starter
#2 : December 17, 2009, 09:34:17 AM

Its a possibility, depending on how well Bradford performs at the combine.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 17, 2009, 09:36:32 AM

this would be a nice draft except the Rams would trade the pick and still get their QB....the Browns and Lions at 3 and 4 would gladly take Suh.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#4 : December 17, 2009, 09:38:24 AM

Love it!

#5 : December 17, 2009, 09:40:54 AM

1   ST. LOUIS RAMS:   SAM BRADFORD, QB, OKLAHOMA

Scouting Report
  Washington’s Jake Locker would have been the slam-dunk pick for St. Louis but he is going back for his senior year, which complicates things for the Rams. Do they just move to the next best quarterback and take either Sam Bradford from Oklahoma or Jimmy Clausen from Notre Dame or do they try to address their defense with Nebraska’s Ndamukong Suh? Steve Spagnuolo is a defensive-minded coach who loves to put pressure on the quarterback and right now the Rams don’t have any difference-makers up front so Suh would make a lot of sense. However, everything revolves around the quarterback position and the Rams just can’t afford to pass on a potential franchise signal caller. The Bradford / Clausen debate will likely go down to the wire but in the end I think Bradford gets the nod due to his superior intangibles. Bradford might have been the #1 overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft but he opted to spend another year in college. Unfortunately that didn’t work out as planned and he wound up missing most of the season with an injury to his throwing shoulder, which required surgery. Despite the questions about his health / durability and concerns about the spread system he played in with the Sooners it looks as though Bradford is still in line to be a Top 10 pick as long as there are no red flags in the medical checkups. Even though Bradford doesn’t have a cannon for an arm he possesses good size, is an extraordinarily accurate passer with a quick release and also extremely smart. Much like Atlanta fans who were clamoring for Glenn Dorsey over Matt Ryan there will surely be those who want the Rams to go with Suh. St. Louis will entertain that thought but at the end of the day they  have  to pull the trigger on a quarterback.
 2   TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS:   NDAMUKONG SUH, DT, NEBRASKA

Scouting Report
  Once upon a time Tampa had the best set of defensive tackles in the league with Warren Sapp and Booger McFarland but those days are long gone. Chris Hovan is solid and Ryan Sims has managed to salvage his career to a degree but neither will be mistaken for a Pro Bowler anytime. After trading away Gaines Adams the Bucs now suffer from a severe lack of playmakers along their defensive line so unless a youngster like Roy Miller, Dre Moore or Kyle Moore emerges they will have to bring in a top talent up front. It’s rare to see a defensive tackle take over a game but that is exactly what Nebraska’s Ndamukong Suh has demonstrated the ability to do the past couple of years.  Whether it’s sacking the quarterback, making tackles behind the line of scrimmage or even intercepting passes, Suh is as dominant of a defensive tackle as the college game has seen in many years. Arguably the premier senior prospect in the country, Suh is a legitimate Top 5 talent and he would give the Buccaneers retooled defense a major boost. Tampa Bay could also opt for Oklahoma’s Gerald McCoy, who is essentially in a dead heat with Suh for the top spot in the defensive tackle rankings, and Oklahoma St. wide receiver Dez Bryant might be a darkhorse.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Idk how believable this mock is, but it looks damn good, wouldn't you agree?

I think Scott Wright is pulling our chain...no way they take Bradford that is the ultimate reach at #1 now f the Rams were picking mid round maybe...Even if Bradford has a decent combine he has had two shoulder injuries at best he is a late first early second and the rams know they can package a deal with somone late first move up 4-5 slots give up a 5th and maybe a 4th and get Bradford if they want him

They may also take SUH and dangle him for someone to trade them a mid-late first get more picks and get Bradford

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 17, 2009, 09:42:15 AM

In the end, as much as I like Suh, if I was a Lambs fan I'd want the QB. The same value question we have with Berry is there with Suh. There is just no position in the modern NFL that can change a team's fortunes as much as QB. Add Warren Sapp in his prime to the Lambs and they win 1 or 2 more games. Add a guy like Eli Manning and they are 8-8.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 17, 2009, 09:45:04 AM

Wow Bradford @ number 1?

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 17, 2009, 10:06:09 AM

lol, this site has Pierre-Paul going 7th. I love the guy, but not a chance.

Wishful thinking. Also, I highly doubt the Rams trade down, that's very hard to do from the top pick. They either take Suh or we do, based on current draft order at least.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 17, 2009, 10:17:58 AM

To add to dalbuc's point....

Where else are the Rams going to find a QB? I suppose they can hope that Jason Campbell is out there, but outside of that option, it isn't going to happen for them in free agency (and if Campbell ends up getting free, why would he want to play behind that sieve OL and throw to those awful WRs? Answer - he won't, and he'll likely have options. Some clown at ESPN mentioned Vick as a possibility. Yeah, right).

Could they trade for a QB? Perhaps, though I can't think of any QBs that are good and available. And if they are good, they'll cost the Rams picks they need and/or Stephen Jackson because that's all they have to offer.

Bradford and Clausen won't make it to the second round, so that means that they'll have to trade up or make do with the next tier. Historically, the second round has been a graveyard for QBs.

The problem for the Rams is that they might have the least talent in the league (go look at the trainwreck that is their recent drafts). That makes trading back into round 1 to get their QB dangerous.  

If I were the Rams, I would desperately try to trade down - I don't think that will be easy though. I know that everybody loves Suh here (and I include myself in that), but the teams that are able to give the Rams fair value - the Bucs, Cleveland, Detroit, also need their picks.  Plus, nobody wants to pay that #1 salary.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 17, 2009, 10:21:41 AM

this would be a nice draft except the Rams would trade the pick and still get their QB....the Browns and Lions at 3 and 4 would gladly take Suh.

Yeah....I don't think Bradford will go that high in the first place and if the Rams want a QB they'll, at the very least, look to trade down a spot or two. There's no fear the Bucs or Lions take a QB and the Browns may not either.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 17, 2009, 10:22:27 AM

I don't get all the laughing about Bradford going number 1.  Last April half this board (at least) was mad at the Bucs for taking a QB because of all the "great" QB prospects in 2010.

There's no doubt that had Bradford not been injured and had almost any kind of season he'd be number 1.  As long as his shoulder checks out (and why shouldn't it - it's a nothing compared to Brees' injury), he's going to be in the conversation. His numbers are absurd, he's smart, he's done it in big games, and passes the "face of the franchise" test.

Personally I would worry about the offense he's played in, but teams have overlooked that stuff for years.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#12 : December 17, 2009, 10:30:37 AM

ESPN's Rumor central is reporting that despite the Rams praising Suh, half of the FO is pushing for Bradford. You can bet that if Bradford can show he has no ill effects from the shoulder injury the Rams will more than likely draft him, leaving Suh to whomever is next in the draft, hopefully the Bucs.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 17, 2009, 10:32:15 AM

The combine will change everything. It could be Suh, Clausen, Bradford or some dude we never even heard of.

I'll be honest, I never heard of Mario Williams until the Reggie Bush draft.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 17, 2009, 10:36:37 AM

Yeah....I don't think Bradford will go that high in the first place and if the Rams want a QB they'll, at the very least, look to trade down a spot or two. There's no fear the Bucs or Lions take a QB and the Browns may not either.

This isn't fantasy football. Put yourself in the Lions shoes for a second.  You have holes at virtually every defensive spot (except Delmas and Foote, though he'll be 30), no OL to speak of, no running backs, and one WR.

Now take a look at the value chart - to get up to 1, the Lions could give them their 1, 2, 3, and 4 and still not have enough.  Let's say that the Rams are so desperate they'll take less than full value - it's still at least a 1 and 2 plus something next year.  That means the Lions could get Suh and basically no real help for their franchise QB. They'd still have no corners. They'd also be paying for a #1 pick in back-to-back years (plus megatron was a #2 in 2007). Cap or no cap, no owner in this league wants that, especially a cheap one like the Fords.

Alternatively, the Lions can sit back and hope that McCoy, Berry, McClain, Haden, or some other defensive guy falls to them, pay him less money, and use their second pick to get a DT in one of the deepest DT drafts I can ever remember. I think 9 out of 10 teams would choose the latter.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DraftCountdown FINALLY released an updated mock draft and the Ram select.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools