Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DraftCountdown FINALLY released an updated mock draft and the Ram select.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Orangegone1

Starter

« #15 : December 17, 2009, 11:49:05 AM »

In the end, as much as I like Suh, if I was a Lambs fan I'd want the QB. The same value question we have with Berry is there with Suh. There is just no position in the modern NFL that can change a team's fortunes as much as QB. Add Warren Sapp in his prime to the Lambs and they win 1 or 2 more games. Add a guy like Eli Manning and they are 8-8.

Exactly. You put Peyton Manning on the team and they are 10-6. Bradford was the projected #1 pick before the season. If he can prove he is healthy, I don't think its a reach at all to take him #1.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #16 : December 17, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »

This years QB class is weak sauce (especially with JL returning to college).  If I was Spags I would draft Suh in the first round, and look for a QB in the second round.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #17 : December 17, 2009, 12:07:38 PM »

This years QB class is weak sauce (especially with JL returning to college).  If I was Spags I would draft Suh in the first round, and look for a QB in the second round.

R2 QB's are a waste of time. You either draft one early or wait late and take a swing for the fences. The only hope the Lambs might have is to try and backdoor into R1 to get a QB who slides some.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Orangegone1

Starter

« #18 : December 17, 2009, 12:13:03 PM »

Just on more note on Bradford. I didn't know it was a AC joint problem in the shoulder. I assumed it was the rotator cuff or something in the socket. I've had that AC joint injury and it is not near as big of a deal as the rotator cuff. In reading about it, it was only a 35 minute surgery by Dr. Andrews. I remember reading an article about Dr. Andrews about a year ago. He was talking about the surgery he did on Drew Brees. He was really concerned about Brees coming back because it was a pretty extensive injury. I don't think Bradford's arm strength will be affected at all.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

« #19 : December 17, 2009, 12:15:31 PM »

what would be a good pro prospect comparison for bradford? Phillip rivers?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #20 : December 17, 2009, 12:19:15 PM »

R2 QB's are a waste of time.

Ken Anderson
Joe Theisman
Jaws
Montana
Boomer Esiason
Randal Cunningham
Jake Plummer
Drew Brees
Brett Favre

I agree with you but there are a LOT of exceptions.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

« #21 : December 17, 2009, 12:19:44 PM »

bradford would have been the hands down first qb taken if he would have not got hurt... and he still could be but alot of stuff has to happen intill the draft including 3 more games

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #22 : December 17, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »

He wishes...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #23 : December 17, 2009, 12:33:05 PM »

R2 QB's are a waste of time.

Ken Anderson
Joe Theisman
Jaws
Montana
Boomer Esiason
Randal Cunningham
Jake Plummer
Drew Brees
Brett Favre

I agree with you but there are a LOT of exceptions.

There are but the hit rates, low already on QB's, plummet in r2 to the point where you really can't count on guys.  Really, it makes sense. If teams think a guy can be a franchise QB he won't slide to R2 and if teams don't like the QB's then they slide out of R2 because you are drafting nothing other than a backup.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 17, 2009, 12:33:54 PM »

Bradford throws a nice deep ball so he's like Rivers that way but Rivers is just crazy with the long ball so I hesitate to put anyone in that category.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 17, 2009, 12:50:51 PM »

R2 QB's are a waste of time. You either draft one early or wait late and take a swing for the fences. The only hope the Lambs might have is to try and backdoor into R1 to get a QB who slides some.

I expect the QB's in this years draft class to slide, but I could turn out to be wrong.  The wild card is how much Jags' ownership loves Tebow such that I can see first round QB's sliding into the top of the 2nd round.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #26 : December 17, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »

bradford would have been the hands down first qb taken if he would have not got hurt... and he still could be but alot of stuff has to happen intill the draft including 3 more games

Exactly.

Last year this time no one would've blinked if Bradford was #1. 

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 17, 2009, 03:32:16 PM »

I think he's a bust waiting to happen. Not only the injuries, but the offense he is in isn't the best to judge pro performance by. He would be a good pick in the 2nd round for some team.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #28 : December 17, 2009, 03:33:52 PM »

ESPN's Rumor central is reporting that despite the Rams praising Suh, half of the FO is pushing for Bradford. You can bet that if Bradford can show he has no ill effects from the shoulder injury the Rams will more than likely draft him, leaving Suh to whomever is next in the draft, hopefully the Bucs.
My rumor central crap detection device is going haywire.

Rams take Suh.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #29 : December 17, 2009, 04:20:27 PM »

The Rams will take a QB, but they can trade down and get Bradford.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DraftCountdown FINALLY released an updated mock draft and the Ram select.... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools