Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DraftCountdown FINALLY released an updated mock draft and the Ram select.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 17, 2009, 04:27:31 PM

ESPN's Rumor central is reporting that despite the Rams praising Suh, half of the FO is pushing for Bradford. You can bet that if Bradford can show he has no ill effects from the shoulder injury the Rams will more than likely draft him, leaving Suh to whomever is next in the draft, hopefully the Bucs.
My rumor central crap detection device is going haywire.

Rams take Suh.

Yeah, I don't see how you could possibly take a QB who was injured twice, for virtually the entire season, with the #1 pick. If they take a QB with the top pick(which they won't), it would be Clausen.

#31 : December 17, 2009, 04:30:39 PM

Just because the Rams desperately need a qb doesn't mean they take one in a class like this. Plus, their offesnive line is the WORST in the NFL and has been for several seasons. Why do you think Bulger has fallen apart and is basically done now? He has been playing behind swiss cheese.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 17, 2009, 04:37:51 PM

Just because the Rams desperately need a qb doesn't mean they take one in a class like this. Plus, their offesnive line is the WORST in the NFL and has been for several seasons. Why do you think Bulger has fallen apart and is basically done now? He has been playing behind swiss cheese.
Their offensive line isn't as bad as people think. It's mostly on the quarterbacks. Football Outsiders ranks them #19 in run blocking and #18 in pass protection. By contrast the Bucs are #30 run blocking and #12 in pass protection. Jason Smith and Jason Brown are among the highest paid players at their positions and Jacob Brown is no slouch. They've got some talent.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#33 : December 17, 2009, 04:40:02 PM

Just because they are being payed a lot doesn't mean they are talented. Despite what Football Outsiders says, I've seen some Rams games and those qb's don't have much of a chance.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 17, 2009, 05:02:34 PM

Their o-line needs help, but it isn't as bad as the Bucs (LOL).  I agree that they do not have to take a QB in this years class because unless they feel they will not have a shot at one the following year it doesn't seem likely at this point.

Orangegone1

Starter

#35 : December 17, 2009, 06:21:09 PM

To me, Clausen and Tebow are 2nd rounders at best. The only potential franchise QB is Bradford. And if he is healthy, there will be a huge demand. One true top notch QB(if healthy) and many teams needing QB's. He is in a great position. I don't consider McCoy a top prospect either.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 17, 2009, 06:29:59 PM

this would be a nice draft except the Rams would trade the pick and still get their QB....the Browns and Lions at 3 and 4 would gladly take Suh.

My fear as well... though the Lions could go O-line.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Orangegone1

Starter

#37 : December 17, 2009, 06:32:31 PM

this would be a nice draft except the Rams would trade the pick and still get their QB....the Browns and Lions at 3 and 4 would gladly take Suh.

My fear as well... though the Lions could go O-line.

If Bradford throws well before the draft, I would be suprised if he doesn't go #1. To me, he is a much better QB that Matthew Stafford. We'll see.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 17, 2009, 06:35:39 PM

They either take Suh or we do

You think Raheem sucks bad enough to lose all the rest of the games?

Orangegone1

Starter

#39 : December 17, 2009, 06:37:49 PM

They either take Suh or we do

You think Raheem sucks bad enough to lose all the rest of the games?

Let's hope so

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#40 : December 17, 2009, 06:47:59 PM

Numbwe 1 overall picks don't get traded.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 17, 2009, 06:55:36 PM

Numbwe 1 overall picks don't get traded.

The Bucs traded the number one overall pick 2 times in the past.   In 1978 they traded away the number one pick that was used to pick Earl Campbell for Doug Williams, Jimmie Giles, and Brett Moritz.   In 1984, they traded away the overall number one pick that was used to pick Irving Fryar for Jack "the throwin samoan" Thompson.   So no need to even look further than your own favorite team to prove yourself wrong.

Elway was first overall by the Colts but traded to the Broncos.   Eli Manning was first overall by Chargers but traded to Giants.  etc......   
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DraftCountdown FINALLY released an updated mock draft and the Ram select.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools