Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TMZ reporting Chris Henry Dead « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

TBsports55

Starter

#15 : December 17, 2009, 10:34:28 AM

This guy was a train wreck, I'm sure most predicted his life would end like this.

Sure RIP but man this guy was a nightmare for a long time, can't feel too sorry.

I know little about Chris Henry, but ESPN says he was raising three children, and regardless of if he was a man who was a bit troubled, the kids just lost their father, and that is a tough thing to lose. Its a sad day

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 17, 2009, 10:35:13 AM

Chris was a good person and was getting his life together. You have no right to judge him. and if you don't feel sorry don't post in the thread and disrespect him.

A good guy, really?

Off-the-field problems
Since his college days at West Virginia University, Henry has had a checkered off-field reputation. During his redshirt sophomore season, he was ejected from a game at Rutgers University due to multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and was suspended for the season finale against the University of Pittsburgh. His former Mountaineers coach, Rich Rodriguez, stated that he was "an embarrassment to himself and the program" for his conduct.[16]

On December 15, 2005, Henry was pulled over in northern Kentucky for speeding. During a search, marijuana was found in his shoes. He was also driving without a valid driver's license or valid insurance.[17] He pleaded guilty and served avoided jail sentence.

On month later, on January 30, 2006 he was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[18] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. He pleaded guilty to this charge and avoided jail time.

On April 29, Henry allowed three underage females to consume alcohol at a hotel in Covington, Kentucky.[19] One of the three, an 18-year-old woman, accused Henry of sexually assaulting her; she later retracted her story and was charged with filing a false police report.[20] On January 25, 2007, Henry pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance commonly referred to as a "keg law." He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[19]

He was pulled over on Interstate 275 in Ohio on June 3 at 1:18 A.M. by Ohio Highway Patrol trooper Michael Shimko for surmised drunk driving. He voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at 2:06 A.M. at the Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted in the state of Ohio.[21]

On October 6, he was suspended by the NFL for two games for violating the league's personal conduct and substance abuse policies. NFL policies forbid Henry from taking part in practices, however, he was allowed to attend any team meetings. Henry missed the Bengals' October 15, 2006 game at Tampa Bay and their October 22, 2006 home game versus Carolina.[22]

On the following April, Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.[11][16] His suspension on the 10th came with a stern warning that future misconduct may result in the end of his career with the NFL. Henry was given permission by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to begin practicing fully.[23] His suspension was lifted and he played in the November 11, 2007 game versus the Baltimore Ravens, amassing 4 catches for 99 yards.

Henry allegedly assaulted a valet attendant at Newport on the Levee in Newport, Kentucky on November 6, 2007.[24] He was arrested for a second time in Orlando on December 3 for violating his probation he was on from a January 30, 2006 arrest. On February 21, 2008 he was found not guilty.

On March 31, 2008, Henry was alleged to have punched a man named Gregory Meyer, 18, and thrown a beer bottle through the window of his car. Henry claimed it was a case of mistaken identity and also that he thought it was somebody else that owed him money.[25] Henry was waived by the Bengals a day after this arrest and was then forced to serve a house arrest sentence

Again, RIP but this kid was trouble from jump.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 17, 2009, 10:37:11 AM

This guy was a train wreck, I'm sure most predicted his life would end like this.

Sure RIP but man this guy was a nightmare for a long time, can't feel too sorry.

Chris was a good person and was getting his life together. You have no right to judge him. and if you don't feel sorry don't post in the thread and disrespect him.

I dont know if he was necessarily a good person.. But your post does ring true.. No room for disrespect in this thread... The man isnt even here to defend himsellf.. Cowardly move Keeponbuc

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 17, 2009, 10:37:20 AM

the kids just lost their father, and that is a tough thing to lose.

Obviously, goes without saying.

#19 : December 17, 2009, 10:37:30 AM

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 17, 2009, 10:37:53 AM

A good guy, really?

Learn which battles are worth fighting...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 17, 2009, 10:39:34 AM

Cowardly move Keeponbuc

What, not believing that the guy was a good person? Your track record speaks for itself.

RIP Chris

TBsports55

Starter

#22 : December 17, 2009, 10:40:38 AM

the kids just lost their father, and that is a tough thing to lose.

Obviously, goes without saying.

Yeah, I was saying it cause there isnt a need to find reasons to disrespect the man. Many people are troubled, and i think its safe to hold ourselves accountable before another man. He may have been troubled but that is just another reason to keep alive in order to fix all the things that is causing him to be troubled

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 17, 2009, 10:43:07 AM

Yeah, I was saying it cause there isnt a need to find reasons to disrespect the man. Many people are troubled, and i think its safe to hold ourselves accountable before another man. He may have been troubled but that is just another reason to keep alive in order to fix all the things that is causing him to be troubled

I would never wish death on anyone but all things considered is this really suprising? No, it isn't.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#24 : December 17, 2009, 10:44:14 AM

Can't shed a tear about this tragedy - we have lost thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan combined - soldiers who have sacrificed their lives for their country. Meanwhile Americans go about their lives without even a thought about our soldiers in harm's way.

All the while Henry had a chance to live the good life - and pretty much wasted it.

If your going to be like that, don't freakin post in this thread. Your a tool. And I would say a lot of meaner stuff to you but I don't want to get banned. I have lost all respect for you.

Recommend you start a eulogy thread, if that's the case. Didn't know this thread was one.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 17, 2009, 10:45:13 AM

Cowardly move Keeponbuc

What, not believing that the guy was a good person? Your track record speaks for itself.

RIP Chris

I already said he wasnt a good guy..

Again, you have absolutely no tactfulness.

"Your track record, speaks for itself"...

How about you refresh me?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 17, 2009, 10:46:08 AM

Recommend you start a eulogy thread, if that's the case. Didn't know this thread was one.

People want others to feel sorry for those who waste an incredible opportunity in life, I am not one of those people.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 17, 2009, 10:46:57 AM

People want others to feel sorry for those who waste an incredible opportunity in life, I am not one of those people.

Actually... People expect you not to voice this opinion hours after he died..

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 17, 2009, 10:48:23 AM

I already said he wasnt a good guy..

Again, you have absolutely no tactfulness.

"Your track record, speaks for itself"...

How about you refresh me?

I meant his track record, not yours. His track record speaks volumes on how he lived his life, then to jump into a moving truck to try and stop your fiance from leaving??

Yeah, I guess I left my tactfulness at home this morning

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#29 : December 17, 2009, 10:48:35 AM

Agree with you 100%. Can't shed a tear of this one.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TMZ reporting Chris Henry Dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools