Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Opposing Fan Problem « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 18, 2006, 06:04:16 PM

As long as those opposing teams' fans continue to come out and support the away teams; the home team record won't matter much.

#16 : October 18, 2006, 06:26:38 PM

The extra income from playoff games doesn't matter much?

ranman

Pro Bowler

#17 : October 18, 2006, 07:39:57 PM

If I am in the Chamber of Commerce - which I am not - I wouldn't mind seeing some more opposing fans in the stands.  Sell some hotel rooms and a few extra dinners each weekend.

Worst of both worlds would be opposing fans who live in the area.  I see them with their R. Williams Saints jersies on.  Good grief.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 18, 2006, 09:44:00 PM

Guys c'mon.  Florida is a transient state.  We have a larger out of state population than anyone else. Of COURSE there are going to be people who still carry a candle for their home state teams.  As I said in another post on this topic, who in the hell moves TO New York, or Philly?  It's not that bad.  You only notice the opposition cuz they stand out.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 18, 2006, 11:19:19 PM

The extra income from playoff games doesn't matter much?

Like I said, they want to make a profit; whether the tickets are sold to home team fans or opposing fans. It's just a business. You'll never fill a stadium of purely home team fans. I've even seen opposing team fans at Foxborough. It's just part of the game. I actually enjoy opposing team fans.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 18, 2006, 11:51:48 PM

I agree with your points, but I was there and maybe 5,000 Bengal fans barely..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 18, 2006, 11:57:08 PM

Baltimore had there 1,000 Lakeland fans.
Carolina had maybe 50 fans.
Bengals fans are like we were in the 2002 season, following the team everywhere they go on the road.. They've been bad for so long this is new to them.. Plus Tampa in October is quite the nice weather.. much!!!!!

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 19, 2006, 12:48:45 AM

Guys it is the individual fans that are selling their seats to brokers. Some folks have even moved out of the area and sell to brokers. The fact that we were charged a seat deposit is what prevents new fans getting off the waiting liost. The fans who had to pay seat deposits are selling to brokers and holding onto their accounts until they get the deposit back. We'll see new blood in the seats at the end of their ten years.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Opposing Fan Problem « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools