Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WILL MORRIS SURVIVE THE 2009 SEASON? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

Badabing

Hall of Famer

: December 18, 2009, 11:24:19 AM

Jags>Olson

As for Bates, yeah that didn't work----but Olson stunk....I'd rather have seen what Jags could have done, after downing a bottle of Jack and smoking a joint before every game.  I guarantee Jags, impaired and all, could still have this offense averaging 13 pts a game.

What do you mean what he could do?  Jagz has never called plays.  Jagz could not call an offejsive game.  Jagz was not a play caller.  So what did you think you were going to see from that guy?

No worse than what Olson is doing man.  As a matter of fact man, I think you could arguably get us 10 pts a game.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 18, 2009, 11:23:46 AM

Jags>Olson

How so? Just the fact that the guy is an absolute and complete unknown?

bucs1

Practice Squad
#2 : December 18, 2009, 11:23:32 AM

This team is a mess, but the mess isn't all the doing of Coach Morris. Earlier in the year, based on what I knew going into this season, I'd have said that he'll be back without a doubt. Now, I'm not as confident that he will be retained.

Those are my thoughts on the situation as well DTG. I would have never thought Morris would be one and done even if we had a bad year, but because we're losing so much fan support and won't be able to sell season tickets, a change is looking to be inevitable.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 18, 2009, 11:23:04 AM

Jags>Olson

As for Bates, yeah that didn't work----but Olson stunk....I'd rather have seen what Jags could have done, after downing a bottle of Jack and smoking a joint before every game.  I guarantee Jags, impaired and all, could still have this offense averaging 13 pts a game.

What do you mean what he could do?  Jagz has never called plays.  Jagz could not call an offejsive game.  Jagz was not a play caller.  So what did you think you were going to see from that guy?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 18, 2009, 11:21:06 AM

Is there a story anywhere to prove that? I would like to see that - thanks!

I have no idea if there is a story, this is information that is personally known to me, and some others.

AcuraT

Starter

#5 : December 18, 2009, 11:17:44 AM

That is a rumor, there is no evidence to support that I am aware of.

No, it isn't a rumor.

Is there a story anywhere to prove that? I would like to see that - thanks!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 18, 2009, 11:19:02 AM

Jags>Olson

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 18, 2009, 11:16:59 AM

That is a rumor, there is no evidence to support that I am aware of.

No, it isn't a rumor.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 18, 2009, 11:16:32 AM

Anyone who had a good time at that game had to be drunk and not remember a damn thing.

Naw, don't drink at the games. We were chanting and hooting and doing the "Tampaaaaa... Baaaaaay!" cheer just in our own little section. When the Bucs got their first first down, we started chanting "Su - per Bowl! Su - per Bowl!"

We also talked about the draft.

AcuraT

Starter

#9 : December 18, 2009, 11:16:19 AM

Good moves
Potentially drafting Freeman as a franchse QB (may work out)
Stroughter has been an exceptional 7th round pick (credit Morris although Dominque has more to do with this one)
Trading for Kellen Winslow - he has had a rebirth in Tampa with solid playing.
Err, any others anyone?

Firing two questionable coordinators he didn't go out and hire in the first place?

That is a rumor, there is no evidence to support that I am aware of.  Can you provide it - I would like to be proved wrong.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 18, 2009, 11:01:59 AM

Naples.. you only have to look at Washington to know that FA signings do not lead to a winning team. FA is usually the time to add the last pieces to a team that is close to going all the way, it is not a way to build a team. Sometimes the only way to build a team is to start from scratch and grow the pieces together until you get to a point where you need the last pieces which you get from FA. If you look at San Fran, this is exactly what they are doing. Give them 2 more years and they will be challenging once again like they did in the 80's /90's

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 18, 2009, 10:53:55 AM

Whoever came up with the idea that in today's NFL you have to gut a team to rebuild?  It's utter nonsense.  You can mix and match good drafts with free agent vets to put together a good team (Belichek does this all the time).  Despite the conventional wisdom, Gruden had filled the team with some good young talent (T Jackson, Talib, Ruud, solid young O-line, etc.).  The big problem was and still is the d-line.  Adams was a horrendous pick and I believe Monte had a lot to do with that one.  And Monte also loved Ruud, whose stock appears to be falling now. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 18, 2009, 10:47:56 AM

Nic - You're preaching to the choir...as a kid growing up in the Tampa Bay area during those times it wasn't much better...everyone was either a dolphins fan or 49ers fan so you had to be a front runner and make excuses for watching the few games you could...the good old days.

I couldn't agree more about the instant gratification thing too...but in all honesty to me Morris made just one too many mistakes and I don't think he's right for this organization. I'd rather the Glazers hit the reboot once more and get the right coach...not the highest paid highest profile coach...I want the right coach to lead this team

I grew up watching this thing from day one.  So while it hurts because of recent glory days, it's not shocking.  I mean I live within walking distance of the Skyway and two people jumped other than me this week so I think I'm ok...LOL

I just can't get past the NFL's newest Village idiots!  Whatever they did was too much!  Whatever they mandated, was hardly the way this should have been done.  Whomever they "gently" or "forcefully" suggested as staff was obviously BOOOOOOTAY!!!!! How it all happened and who is responsible for it at this point is almost irrelevant when talking about moving forward.  If you are evaluating Rah, those things have to weight heavily on that decision.  And the VI's (VI = Village Idiot) I & II must look at their involvement and take themselves totally and completely out of the football operations and let those guys perform on their own merrit without VI interference.  Giving directions or budgets or even a vision is one thing.  Carrying it out and the way in which that is done muct be left solely to the people you hire or you may as well do it yourself.

For as much as some of you hate on Rah, I'd love to see what you think of the VI's running the show on and everyday basis.  Better yet, ask JJ in Texas, DS in DC, or my fav the Senior Jumpsuit wearer in Oakland how mucking around in the teams daily operations has resulted in all their championships...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#13 : December 18, 2009, 10:45:31 AM

I'll be there, but I have to admit that walking out of that stadium on Sunday I muttered "going to the game isn't that fun any more." Losing sucks. I had forgotten how bad it really was...

We still had a good time. Not as good as if they had won, but we did have fun.

Anyone who had a good time at that game had to be drunk and not remember a damn thing.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#14 : December 18, 2009, 10:34:49 AM

Very true Cap, however the problem with Gruden was that he wasn't given the chance or the ability by the media and fans to do what was desperately needed.. can the team when it was needed and start from scratch. When he took over the Bucs, the team had a maximum of 3 years left to win the big one. He went out and won it year 1. Year 2 people were expecting us to do it again and we tanked it. Year 3 was the perfect time to start again and build for a sustained future. However, no one would have given him the time or the patience to do that and we flip flopped losing seasons with winning seasons when the schedule was easier. So for a few seasons he patched a team that needed total retooling and pissed off the media the fans and the players in the process.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WILL MORRIS SURVIVE THE 2009 SEASON? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools