Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WILL MORRIS SURVIVE THE 2009 SEASON? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #210 : September 02, 2010, 07:30:05 AM »

http://www.mancavesports.org/2010-nfl-coaches-power-ranking-pre-season/

Morris rated last in the NFL - below Tom Cable (the guy that beat up his asst coach).

"Took a horrible team and kept it that way. They do nothing well and neither does he."

"The bad news for the second-year coach is that, by all appearances, ownership doesn’t want to pay for players. The good news is that ownership also doesn’t want to pay for buyouts.

Morris rose from defensive backs coach to defensive coordinator to (without working a single game as defensive coordinator) head coach. After he completed a horrible first season in place of Jon Gruden that featured the termination of both coordinators that Morris had hired, rumors and reports flew that the Bucs were willing to swap out Morris for Bill Cowher. In the end, the Bucs opted to stand pat.

With blackouts looming for 2010 and ownership no longer willing to pay for thousands of unsold seats, Morris likely will have to show real progress this year, or the Bucs once again will be toying with the possibility of an upgrade."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38667810/ns/sports-nfl/

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #211 : September 02, 2010, 07:53:17 AM »

Well from what I understand they can fire Morris at the end of this season and not have to owe him anything. (And Gruden will also be off the books.)

The bad news is that with the way the Glazers no longer want to spend money on this team, we likely wont get anyone better than Morris. They would just promote Greg Olson.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #212 : September 02, 2010, 08:01:58 AM »

Morris's successor will have the first round draft choice to work with - and several coaches will likely become available this coming season, including Lovie Smith. Morris is just keeping the seat warm.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #213 : September 02, 2010, 08:08:16 AM »

Morris's successor will have the first round draft choice to work with - and several coaches will likely become available this coming season, including Lovie Smith. Morris is just keeping the seat warm.
The Bucs will not have the worst record in the league.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #214 : September 02, 2010, 09:08:31 AM »

Lovie Smith wouldn't be much better. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #215 : September 02, 2010, 09:15:43 AM »

The bad news is that with the way the Glazers no longer want to spend money on this team, we likely wont get anyone better than Morris. They would just promote Greg Olson.
It makes me sick. They just cut Ward and are probably going to cut Clayton soon, too. Maybe even Sims. They're getting rid of all the higher paid players.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #216 : September 02, 2010, 09:26:05 AM »

Morris is a work in progress but by all accounts I have seen he is learning from his mistakes and is developing.  A few of the good from the wreckage of 2009:

1.)  The team still playing hard down the stretch
2.)  When he took over the DC role the D improved dramatically and measurably
3.)  His eye for player talent is so far tremendous, better than either Dungy or Gruden
4.)  He is holding players, even "his" players accountable

RM will be a good coach when it is all said and done.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #217 : September 02, 2010, 09:28:39 AM »

It makes me sick. They just cut Ward and are probably going to cut Clayton soon, too. Maybe even Sims. They're getting rid of all the higher paid players.

LOL I have been one of the biggest Glazers bashers around and even I will say that Ward and Clayton being cut was because they suck.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #218 : September 02, 2010, 09:35:39 AM »

LOL I have been one of the biggest Glazers bashers around and even I will say that Ward and Clayton being cut was because they suck.
AND DON"T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON LETTING BRYANT WALK, THOSE CHEAPOS!!!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

AcuraT

Starter

« #219 : September 02, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »

Hey, on the plus side, Morris is cheap as a head coach!  Gruden still is getting paid for two more years, so well over half of the Bucs cash is going to a coach who is no longer employed by the Bucs!  If Morris fails and is fired at the end of the season, since he has a two year contract, the Bucs will owe him nothing at that point.
  Page: 1 ... 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WILL MORRIS SURVIVE THE 2009 SEASON? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools