Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WILL MORRIS SURVIVE THE 2009 SEASON? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

« #30 : December 18, 2009, 10:07:38 AM »

I couldn't agree more about the instant gratification thing too...but in all honesty to me Morris made just one too many mistakes and I don't think he's right for this organization. I'd rather the Glazers hit the reboot once more and get the right coach...not the highest paid highest profile coach...I want the right coach to lead this team

Higher paid coaches are usually paid more money because they are better at what they do...

Doesn't mean they're going to win the franchise a championship...Marty and Norv can atest to that

higher paid coach at 9-7 or lower payed coach at 1-15, you chose!

Object of the game and season is to win championships...if you're satisfied with just a winning record then by all means....

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
« #31 : December 18, 2009, 10:05:39 AM »

I couldn't agree more about the instant gratification thing too...but in all honesty to me Morris made just one too many mistakes and I don't think he's right for this organization. I'd rather the Glazers hit the reboot once more and get the right coach...not the highest paid highest profile coach...I want the right coach to lead this team

Higher paid coaches are usually paid more money because they are better at what they do...

Doesn't mean they're going to win the franchise a championship...Marty and Norv can atest to that

higher paid coach at 9-7 or lower payed coach at 1-15, you chose!

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
« #32 : December 18, 2009, 09:58:40 AM »

raheem doesnt enet wanna be here anymore himself. he knows he sucks, he's embarrasing his family.  lol he got the key to the city in jersey when he got the job, lol

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

« #33 : December 18, 2009, 10:01:35 AM »

FartMan

Pro Bowler
« #34 : December 18, 2009, 09:56:28 AM »

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

« #35 : December 18, 2009, 09:54:22 AM »

Nic - You're preaching to the choir...as a kid growing up in the Tampa Bay area during those times it wasn't much better...everyone was either a dolphins fan or 49ers fan so you had to be a front runner and make excuses for watching the few games you could...the good old days.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

« #36 : December 18, 2009, 09:46:45 AM »

He gets another year. You cannot realistically not give him a chance to turn it around. If he stinks after 2 seasons then he goes. If every team ditched thier new coach after his first season then teams like Dallas would never have won a Superbowl as Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 in his first season.

Jimmy Johnson was given a bad team and he made it better....Morris made an average team even worse

Morris inherited a team that needed to have been totally rebuilt 4 years ago not patched up with has beens and last legs that the previous regime liked. The team was destined to stink whether it be this year or next due to bad drafting, bad planning and bad management. However my point still stands, if Jimmy Johnson was a rookie head coach here, no matter what the situation, if he had the same record that Morris has now a lot of you would be calling for him to be gone and asking for xxxxxx experienced retread coach to come in and take over.

Yes I agree that Morris has made some serious blunders, hell, some have been spectacular ones, but I don't see the point in getting rid of him after 1 year. I agree that if he stinks it up after another season then get rid of him. A lot of the best head coaches in the NFL had horrible starts to thier careers.. even Belicheat struggled in his first effort

It's one thing to go 1-15 and claim to be rebuilding but the choices made to lead the Buccaneer franchise to this point are just overwhelming...Belicheat was a CLeveland HC first too and he failed there before going on to success in NE...Morris will thrive later on but right now he's just not HC material just yet...you're much more forgiving and understanding than most

I suppose it's because I grew up being a Buc's fan in the UK when they were terrible, the best I could always hope for was "there's always next year" It's also a pretty good skin thickener when interviewed at a British American football game in front of 5 thousand people and being asked what NFL team I supported.. and then having the entire crowd laugh at me. I suppose you learn a bit of patience from it. We've had terrible coaches in Tampa before, and I think all of them have at least had 2 seasons before getting canned.. even John McKay got a longer chance to get it right and he lost a lot of games in the first 2 seasons.

I just think in todays instant gratification society, there is just no patience for things to mature and blossom. People want things now, with none of the pain, and all of the success. Whereas in the past people learnt to appreciate that to get sustained success requires a bit of pain and a lot of effort.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

« #37 : December 18, 2009, 09:36:57 AM »

He gets another year. You cannot realistically not give him a chance to turn it around. If he stinks after 2 seasons then he goes. If every team ditched thier new coach after his first season then teams like Dallas would never have won a Superbowl as Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 in his first season.

Jimmy Johnson was given a bad team and he made it better....Morris made an average team even worse

Morris inherited a team that needed to have been totally rebuilt 4 years ago not patched up with has beens and last legs that the previous regime liked. The team was destined to stink whether it be this year or next due to bad drafting, bad planning and bad management. However my point still stands, if Jimmy Johnson was a rookie head coach here, no matter what the situation, if he had the same record that Morris has now a lot of you would be calling for him to be gone and asking for xxxxxx experienced retread coach to come in and take over.

Yes I agree that Morris has made some serious blunders, hell, some have been spectacular ones, but I don't see the point in getting rid of him after 1 year. I agree that if he stinks it up after another season then get rid of him. A lot of the best head coaches in the NFL had horrible starts to thier careers.. even Belicheat struggled in his first effort

It's one thing to go 1-15 and claim to be rebuilding but the choices made to lead the Buccaneer franchise to this point are just overwhelming...Belicheat was a CLeveland HC first too and he failed there before going on to success in NE...Morris will thrive later on but right now he's just not HC material just yet...you're much more forgiving and understanding than most

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #38 : December 18, 2009, 09:36:41 AM »

I disagree PAC, they have a direction.. it was called a youth movement. Not a great direction I will agree.. but it is a direction.. and one that has a lot more merit than the raiding of the retirement homes that Gruden liked.

Gruden's way led to a Superbowl win, multiple playoff births, multiple division titles...it made him the winningest coach in Buccaneer history.  Morris' method resulted in a 1 win, abyssmal season.  Hmmm...which one do YOU think was more effective?

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

« #39 : December 18, 2009, 09:36:23 AM »

even pipe dreams can become reality sometimes ;) I do agree though that if Morris is the coach next year he needs to do some serious maturing as a coach in the offseason to achieve that goal. It's a tall order to aspire to, but it is not an impossible task.. more an improbable one.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
« #40 : December 18, 2009, 09:33:59 AM »

You dont tear a team completely apart and rebuild it like Morris did. The lions did that years ago and they still havent recovered! Gruden may have been trying to patch this team together, but he won games in doin so. Raheem has torn this team down to its nuts and bolts and doesnt know how to put it back together. he needs to go, but only if we can get a Cowher type HC. If we can get anything better then he stays.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
« #41 : December 18, 2009, 09:31:17 AM »

So deej3000, if the Bucs keep Morris and get 7-8 wins next season will you go to the stadium and support or will you refuse to go becuase Morris is coaching? I do think it is slightly hypocritical to sneer at people who still go to support the team even if they suck, yet if they started winning you might go?

I'll probably go to a couple games regardless... I do every year... that's not the point... most people don't.... I also think 7 or 8 wins with Rawheem as the coach is a pipe dream... but if it makes you feel better.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

« #42 : December 18, 2009, 09:26:57 AM »

I disagree PAC, they have a direction.. it was called a youth movement. Not a great direction I will agree.. but it is a direction.. and one that has a lot more merit than the raiding of the retirement homes that Gruden liked.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

« #43 : December 18, 2009, 09:22:38 AM »

They fired gruden for 9-7...1-15 with absolutely NO DIRECTION there is no way they bring this clown back

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

« #44 : December 18, 2009, 09:22:03 AM »

So deej3000, if the Bucs keep Morris and get 7-8 wins next season will you go to the stadium and support or will you refuse to go becuase Morris is coaching? I do think it is slightly hypocritical to sneer at people who still go to support the team even if they suck, yet if they started winning you might go?
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WILL MORRIS SURVIVE THE 2009 SEASON? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools