Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No Surprise: Gerald McCoy is entering the 2010 Draft « previous next »
Page: 1

yungbull

Starter
: December 18, 2009, 01:12:17 PM

I guess he doesn't want to end up like Bradford after skipping last years draft...

http://newsok.com/ous-gerald-mccoy-to-enter-nfl-draft/article/3425887?custom_click=lead_story_photo

jvato24

Starter

#1 : December 18, 2009, 02:41:42 PM

I guess he doesn't want to end up like Bradford after skipping last years draft...

http://newsok.com/ous-gerald-mccoy-to-enter-nfl-draft/article/3425887?custom_click=lead_story_photo

Awesome ...  This may be our guy come April.       

Suh is Sick,   but who the Hell knows, McCoy could be a better PRO.       

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#2 : December 18, 2009, 02:50:36 PM

He was all over the field in the national championship last year against FL. I dont think you can do wrong with any player where we will be drafting. We could end up with Suh, Berry, or McCoy. Thats not bad at all.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 18, 2009, 03:32:32 PM

Could drafting a D-Lineman out of the University of Oklahoma be a re-birth of sorts for this franchise?   

yungbull

Starter
#4 : December 18, 2009, 04:04:00 PM

Could drafting a D-Lineman out of the University of Oklahoma be a re-birth of sorts for this franchise?   

Never thought about it....Good point though.  Can anyone draw comparisons between the two besides being from OK?

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : December 18, 2009, 04:13:10 PM

Aside from his ability and skill, he does also offer excellent leadership qualities and is considered a good guy off the field.  I know we all keep looking at Suh to be the next Sapp, but McCoy's builtd, speed and skill set resembles Sapp more than Suh does.

blackthoughtz

Starter

#6 : December 18, 2009, 04:28:17 PM

I really believe McCoy will be the better pro. He is a very disruptive lineman, with an excellent burst off the line. His technique is far superior to Suh's who's really just a man among boys who's game really doesnt translate well IMO

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 18, 2009, 04:41:13 PM

If we all know that, then the NFL scouts probably do too. So, could McCoy end up as the #1 pick? Sounds like at the NFL level he'd pay quicker dividends than Suh... The Rams are so bad they probably want quicker dividends

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : December 18, 2009, 04:47:01 PM

The Suh hype is so big right now that there is no way McCoy goes before Suh.  With that said, it will be interesting to see which player becomes the better pro in 5 years. 

I dont think you can go wrong with either guy but as Popular Stranger said, technique wise, I think McCoy is ahead of Suh but you cannot deny Suh's strength and non-stop motor
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No Surprise: Gerald McCoy is entering the 2010 Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools