Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Shelton Quarles' Appreciation Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 26, 2007, 11:43:48 PM

Age is overrated when it comes to any sport as just because Shelton is older than Ruud this does not mean Ruud is better than Quarles.  Shelton probably has or had two more productive years left in him and it is sorry to see him leave if he has to.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#31 : March 26, 2007, 09:38:26 PM

If Shelton Quarles does end up retiring, I want to thank him for all of the great things that he acomplished during his career as a Buccaneer.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#32 : March 26, 2007, 11:32:55 PM

it'll be hard to replace ya shelton  no knock on Ruud but hes no Shelton Quarles

bucs1

Practice Squad
#33 : April 24, 2007, 12:58:35 PM

Thanks for the memories Shelton.

TEAMCALI

Starter

#34 : April 24, 2007, 01:04:28 PM

wow she's hot!!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 24, 2007, 01:19:58 PM

Thanks for all you've done for the Bucs Shelton! You were a huge part of bringing a Super Bowl champion to the fans. Appreciate your efforts, but nothing is worth damaging your health now and for the future. Rest up and come back to the Bucs in some capacity.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#36 : April 24, 2007, 01:21:33 PM

I couldn't express how I feel about Q better than what Itchalot typed. The man embodied how the Buc D played. All out every play even when hurt. Thanks for the memories Q. May God bless you in your future endeavors.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 24, 2007, 01:22:42 PM

Too bad we spend so much time worrying whether Alstott will re-sign when players that actually matter, like Shelton, go unnoticed until something like this happens.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 24, 2007, 01:33:23 PM

Q will definately go down as one of the best Buc defenders in this era of Buc defense.  Made a smooth and great transition to the MIKE after working his way from ST obscurity.  He embodies what we all love about an athlete, a player who works his tail off and finally reaps the rewards of Pro Bowls and championships.

It's unfortunate when the body just can no longer go like it once did.  Q will definately be missed, but that's being selfish as a fan of the franchise.  It is more important at this point for him to be able to have a healthy and happy post NFL life with his wife and playing with his children.  As we've learned with some of our favorite athletes...we just cannot turn back the clock.

Thank you Shelton Quarles for representing the franchise and the city with class as well as playing a supreme and sometimes underappreciated middle LB position.

goto11

Starter
#39 : April 24, 2007, 01:34:17 PM

Good luck Shelton.  Please return as a coach.  You're one of the smartest linebackers in the game and the Bucs need you to make sure the upcoming linebackers know how to play the game right.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#40 : April 24, 2007, 05:26:05 PM

I will miss his heart and hustle on Sundays. I know for a fact that Rudd cannot fly around like Q does. There was a dramatic improvment in our run D when this guy was Dressed. He was the perfect sidekick to #55. I hope this doesnt turn out to burn us like the Lynch situation did. We are still paying for letting John Lynch walk now im hearing things about them talking to Briggs and saying that they might be trying to run Brooks out now. I'm telling you. Im already pissed with this Quarles situation if they do the same thing to Brooks, I will never ever watch another Buc Game until Gruden and Allen are gone and i was a very strong supporter for them up until today.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 24, 2007, 05:31:59 PM

One of my all time favorite Buccaneers, that's Q!  Good luck to you Q, and hopefully you'll come back and coach these guys.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

JC510

Practice Squad

#42 : April 24, 2007, 05:39:36 PM

That TD vs Favre in 2001 is one of the most memorable plays in franchise history.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 24, 2007, 06:19:11 PM

Thanks for the memories Shelton! You were an awesome servant for the Bucs. Good Luck with whatever path you choose to pursue next, LB coach for the Buccaneers in the future perhaps  ;).

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

bucfanmark

Second String
#44 : April 24, 2007, 09:11:17 PM

Thanks for giving ALL you got, EVERY time. I hope we find a way to keep you around in some capacity. 
Mark
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Shelton Quarles' Appreciation Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools