Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts fans sound off on Booger the Great, LOL you cant make this stuff up! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
: October 18, 2006, 02:04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geohound
Actually it's a 2nd round pick.

Too much imo.

are you kidding me? who evers playing next to booger is going to make out booger made life better for sapp.

1.) we are getting a pro-bowl type DT
2.) hes quick off the ball and plays the run great
3.) he's going to make people around him better

i thank you billp....freeney thanks you as well

---------------------------------

Whoooooooo.....it's time to play some Dungy Ball!!! .....err, I mean I'm terribly excited at the prospect of a DT who knows the system and will hit the correct gaps.

I can't believe anybody would complain about this pickup. If you look at Simon's stats from last year, they arent impressive, yet we know how big of an impact he had on the team.

If you just look at McFarland's stats and base your opinion on that, then you have no idea what you are talking about and shouldn't post.

Originally Posted by JPBforColts
Anyone besides me wondering why the Bucs would be willing to let Booger go?

This seems to good to be true.
They are having salary cap problems. Trying to unload a few players.

"Yes, it is to good to be true, " lol

Nice pick up colts, congrats. McFarland should be able to play at or above the level of Corey Simon. Since he knows the Dungy system I'd expect him to start right away. I'm sure Portis is disappointed.

HAHAHA, This is the best one, IMO  ???

"Buc fans says booger is overrated and has HUGE contract"

I would to after losing our MAIN DT. looks like they are working on their cap and stocking up on picks. chucky has finally ran dungy's team into the ground. ::)

doobiedoright 

"They(Bucs) are having salary cap problems. Trying to unload a few players."

First off we are fine with the cap.
Second you guys should not get to excited.Booger is a waste of a roster spot.He will not hustle,will not tackle or rush the passer!
The dude would rather be on the golf course!
Trust me most buc fans think you guys got robbed.We were willing to let him go for a 6th pick!
The dude will break your heart.All the talent in the world............NO HEART!

and then adds

Originally Posted by Colts4Lyfe
Just think about the golf in Hawaii...That alone should be a spark for him then

doobiedoright 
Never going to happen.When the going gets tough he comes up with a phamtom injury!
I'm trying to save you some heart break here.The guy is a dud!

Colts fan followup

I dont see how this can be a bad deal.

Booger>Simon

Simon helped big time. Imagine Booger.

Only difference is Simon was out of shape and now used to the system. Booger knows very well the system used by Dungy.

I just hope the Colts retain both Simon & Booger next year (assuming Simon will be fine by then of course). This would give the Colts one of the top 5 DTs duos in the NFL.

Remember when the Buccs D was really dominant? I'm talking about 2002. It was Sapp and Booger up the middle.

I liked that idea yesterday for a 3rd and Doss (Doss being a throw in). A 2nd and keeping Doss for depth purpose is nice. One of the hardest spot to find a quality player late in the draft is the DT spot. A 2nd for Booger isnt that expensive.

And the argument that I (we) might be overly excited by this and be blind isnt a valid one. Several here have been talking about DTs for a while. The Dungy 2 starts upfront and you need great DTs if you want your undersized LBs to be able to get on RBs unblocked.

The line right now is better then the one from last year simple due to the fact that Booger doesnt need to adapt to anything like Simon had to. He already knows before hand what the system is, which is a huge +.

go over to the Colts forum and its good for a few laughs.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : October 18, 2006, 02:17:29 AM

Hmm, remind me of how many probowls booger has been to.....I thought so. And at least part of the super bowl year he was out with a broken arm.

coopsxx

Starter
#2 : October 18, 2006, 05:07:51 AM

yeh its funny man i wnet on there site to try and set them straight but it was like telling a dude his girl is aplying around. They simply wouldn't have it, saying its grudens fault, and he'll be alright with dungy as coach and hell be fine on a winning team.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 18, 2006, 06:20:01 AM

LOL. I think we all really need to congratulate Bruce Allen on this one. How on earth he managed to get a 2nd Rounder for such an underachiever as Booger is astonishing.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 18, 2006, 08:22:36 AM

I love it when everyone is happy after a deal is made.  I hope Booger can help Indy, and I hope Indy finishes the year out of the playoffs, with an 8-8 or 9-7 record. 

I really dislike knowing Booger had the talent to be disruptive and effective in this D but just did not get it done.  Seriously, I hope he figures it out, between the passing of family members, changes of staff and injuries he lost sight of how his individual goals and performance needed to fit into the team.  A shame. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 18, 2006, 08:34:41 AM

The Dungy 2?!?!?!?!?!?!?! is that supposed to be a joke? HAHAHA

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 18, 2006, 08:51:20 AM

Rams fans were elated when they got Jamie Duncan. I tried to tell them, but they wouldn't listen. The Colts fans will learn the hard way.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 18, 2006, 08:53:39 AM

I just heard Chris Mortenson on the radio. He said people in the league are shocked the Colts gave up a 2nd rounder.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 18, 2006, 08:56:12 AM

If Booger can help them, so be it, he couldn't help this defense the way he was supposed to. If he goes and plays lights out then shame on him for not doing it here. He has a HUGE affect on the salary cap for his lack of production. Bruce is the man for getting a 2nd for him...

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 18, 2006, 08:57:12 AM

I actually think McFarland will do well in Indianapolis. When you're unhappy, and everyone is pointing a finger at you, it's hard to keep up with production. I think he'll be happy in Indy myself, and I think that will help him as a player. I think he'll regain something up there. Now, down here, I hope that second round draft pick will be used for establishing the defensive line again. The part where the Bucs win is this: McFarland is a vet. The Bucs will get a rookie. McFarland will, most likely, not last as long in this league as the rookie will, and that's the best end of the bargain. We get a guy for the future.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 18, 2006, 09:02:01 AM

You assume Booger felt those fingers pointing at him. From what I know of him personally, I seriously doubt it.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 18, 2006, 09:07:17 AM

I just think he'll do all right for himself up in Indy; that's all. I think he'll open his eyes and start playing football again. I'm in no way saying they got the better end of this deal. The Bucs have been given a draft pick; an opportunity to better the future by molding a young gun into a Buccaneer. But, I think the Colts might have also been given a rejuvenated McFarland. That's just my opinion. What I will say about Booger, and I said it in another thread as well, is that his community work will be missed around Tampa Bay. However, although community work is great, it's not what will keep you on a team.

wtmcgee

Starter

#12 : October 18, 2006, 09:15:55 AM

I can't believe they gave up a 2nd as well, but they're really thin at DT and so both teams did well on this trade.  We got a higher pick than we normally would have for an overpriced, injury prone waste of talent, and they got a guy that they think can step right in and contribute on a pretty good defense.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 18, 2006, 09:23:46 AM

I think he could really help Indy. Getting a second rounder, even a really late one is probably a good deal for the bucs as well.

Isn't this the usual patern for Dungy? Get close, get to the point were you should have gotten over, don't get the job done, panic, start mortaging the future.  Actually knowing this we should have gotten their first round pick.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 18, 2006, 09:24:21 AM

i cant believe we got a 2nd for him.

I agree ...i would have let the guy go for a 4th for sure. ...

a 2nd round pick is an impact player on your team.  ???

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts fans sound off on Booger the Great, LOL you cant make this stuff up! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools