Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts fans sound off on Booger the Great, LOL you cant make this stuff up! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

wtmcgee

Starter

#30 : October 18, 2006, 11:32:24 AM

Shaun King?

BUKANEER

Rookie

#31 : October 18, 2006, 12:02:09 PM

A guote from rob13west on the Colts board:

IF what you say is true......what does that say about the boys (apes as you put it) in Oakland who are playing next to SAPP now........heck......what does that say about SAPP....

What exactly has SAPP done since he left and went to Oakland......nada.

The combination of the two....Sapp and McFarland was scary........

Oh my...

coopsxx

Starter
#32 : October 18, 2006, 12:18:04 PM

I dont think Manning is a choker either. I think the biggest problem Indy have is that they allow Manning too much control over the offense at crunch time, i.e last year against pitt they were 7-0 when manning took the field, came out gunslinging, went 3 and out and were down by 14 the next time he was back on the field. They went 3 and out again.

They needed to run the ball. Offcourse manning with his talent ego and pressure felt like he needed to pass to get them a score and back in the game, thats bad coaching, playcalling.

Manning is still the best QB i have ever seen live, i am only 22 though so wasn't in position to really appreciate Elway / Marino / Young etc.

#33 : October 18, 2006, 12:21:12 PM

In 2002, it wasn't Booger and Sapp up the middle. Booger was gone for most of the year, and didn't play in the playoffs/SB.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#34 : October 18, 2006, 12:25:47 PM

It really doesn't matter if the Boog helps the Colts.  He wasn't helping us and that IS what matters.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 18, 2006, 12:29:45 PM

I dont think Manning is a choker either. I think the biggest problem Indy have is that they allow Manning too much control over the offense at crunch time, i.e last year against pitt they were 7-0 when manning took the field, came out gunslinging, went 3 and out and were down by 14 the next time he was back on the field. They went 3 and out again.

They needed to run the ball. Offcourse manning with his talent ego and pressure felt like he needed to pass to get them a score and back in the game, thats bad coaching, playcalling.

Manning is still the best QB i have ever seen live, i am only 22 though so wasn't in position to really appreciate Elway / Marino / Young etc.

Joe Montana was the greatest QB I've ever seen play live. Terry Bradshaw was a hell of a QB too. I saw him play when I was a kid. Joe Namath was the stuff of Hollywood legend, but I didn't much care for him. Dan Marino was a great QB, but I think he will always be known for not being able to win the big one. I think Manning will be remembered the same way; if they don't win a title soon.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#36 : October 18, 2006, 01:01:39 PM

It all depends on what you ask of Booger to do. If they are going to put him at NT, he has had great success there in Tampa. If they are going to use him as their pass rushing UT, then they are screwed.

They have a better DL than we do, so he may work out better there. I just hope he doesn't work out there because we really need a good UT. I wish he could have been the guy here but crap happens and you just need to move on. Hopefully Wyms can contribute better.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 18, 2006, 01:10:34 PM

Thanks for sharing PP.  I nominate 4Bucs to go over there and give them a scouting report on Booger...I'd love to hear what my man would come up with.  Since he's been touting this removal the longest...IMO...y'all need to give my man some props for that call.  He's been bashing McKay every since he did that deal... ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

acacius

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 18, 2006, 01:12:04 PM

What I want to know is when Booger became a dominating run-stuffer.  Seems to me that even in the heydays of our defense, the way to beat it was with a power-rusher right up our guts.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 18, 2006, 01:19:03 PM

Dude they are obviously gripping from the loss of Simon.  So their comments and perception of the calvary are not far off base...They just don't know my man, the real "Bruce Almighty", just got us another pick to go along with some more grip to go shopping with next year.   ;D

BTW, anybody still thinking Bruce is a puppet? [banghead] ???

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

coopsxx

Starter
#40 : October 18, 2006, 01:25:45 PM

Joe Montana was the greatest QB I've ever seen play live. Terry Bradshaw was a hell of a QB too. I saw him play when I was a kid. Joe Namath was the stuff of Hollywood legend, but I didn't much care for him. Dan Marino was a great QB, but I think he will always be known for not being able to win the big one. I think Manning will be remembered the same way; if they don't win a title soon.

It's a generation thing i guess - those before you prob though Johnny U and Otto Graham were the best
If Manning wins a SB someday his stats may prove he is the best ever. It's a big IF though

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 18, 2006, 01:26:15 PM

I can't believe they gave up a 2nd as well, but they're really thin at DT and so both teams did well on this trade.

I guess James Cannida wasn't available.

TBayJJ

Second String

#42 : October 18, 2006, 01:44:03 PM

LOL, Watch until he puts on his uniform and can't get nay pressure on the QB. How many sacks has Mcfarland had this year? 0 Big fat 0

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 18, 2006, 01:47:57 PM

It's a generation thing i guess - those before you prob though Johnny U and Otto Graham were the best
If Manning wins a SB someday his stats may prove he is the best ever. It's a big IF though

Unitas was still playing when I was a kid. Otto Graham was a little before my time.  ;)

gone

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 18, 2006, 02:37:34 PM

Yeah, I went to their official site yesterday and got the "You can't judge by stats, you don't know football".  Same thing as His supporters here said.  Now that the staff has cast their vote, anyone here still think he was playing better than his stats showed?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts fans sound off on Booger the Great, LOL you cant make this stuff up! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools