Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs beat Atlanta, we could fall as far as #5 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Riddick

Second String

: December 20, 2009, 09:19:21 PM

I'm of the mindset that you win every game you can and THEN worry about the draft. If you suck so bad that you're in line for the first pick, chances are whoever that is won't turn around the franchise by himself. The team needs to win and gain confidence going into the offseason so when they pick, which will be in the top five, they will still get a quality starter (Gaines Adams excluded) for years to come. I will NEVER wish for the Bucs to lose for draft position!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 20, 2009, 08:57:29 PM

As it stands now...
1. Rams (1-13)
2. Bucs (2-12)
3. Detroit (2-12)
4. Browns (3-11)
5. Chiefs (3-11)

The SOS between the Bucs and Lions is too close to call right now.

Im assuming unless there is an act of god, the Bucs arnt going to beat the Saints. So if we beat Atlanta, we finish 3-13. If the Chiefs, Browns, and Lions lose out....that means the Bucs would end up with the #5 pick.

Chiefs - @Cincy, @Denver
Browns - Oak, Jax
Detroit - @SF, Chi
Rams - @Ari, SF

The #1 pick would be very difficult to achieve at this point.

So we are likely looking at picking between 2 and 5.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 20, 2009, 08:58:12 PM

You need to stop - the current position is fine.  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Snook

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 20, 2009, 08:59:05 PM

Just prepare yourself, dbucfan.  Just prepare yourself.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 20, 2009, 09:02:13 PM

ATL looked bad today, they're a team that might not have much "want to" at the end of the year.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#5 : December 20, 2009, 09:03:14 PM

We pick after Detroit if we finish with the same record. The difference is already 6 games in strength of schedule. Cant close that gap in two weeks.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 20, 2009, 09:04:57 PM

ATL looked bad today, they're a team that might not have much "want to" at the end of the year.

I've watched most of their games this season.  Their secondary is atrocious.   

They won't admit it, but they BADLY want to have a winning season just to get that monkey off their back.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 20, 2009, 09:06:02 PM

Just prepare yourself, dbucfan.  Just prepare yourself.

Atlanta always plays hard. Finishing above .500 for consecutive years is a huge goal for them.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : December 20, 2009, 09:07:11 PM

We pick after Detroit if we finish with the same record. The difference is already 6 games in strength of schedule. Cant close that gap in two weeks.

What? IF this is true and the Vikes beat the Panthers, that is 3 games right there.....

Snook

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 20, 2009, 09:09:40 PM

Just prepare yourself, dbucfan. �Just prepare yourself.

Atlanta always plays hard. Finishing above .500 for consecutive years is a huge goal for them.

Even though they've only been around since '95, I still find it hard to believe that Carolina's never had back-to-back winning seasons either...

StuckinNC

Second String

#10 : December 20, 2009, 09:13:54 PM

Just prepare yourself, dbucfan. �Just prepare yourself.

Dang.  I live very close to Charlotte and had never heard that.  Interesting.  Thanks for that little tidbit there.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 20, 2009, 09:22:16 PM

In the end the drop off from Suh to the rest of the pack is pretty steep in terms of talent and need so if we aren't 1 I'm not sure 2 to 10 makes a ton of difference in terms of the talent pool.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 20, 2009, 10:42:13 PM

In the end the drop off from Suh to the rest of the pack is pretty steep in terms of talent and need so if we aren't 1 I'm not sure 2 to 10 makes a ton of difference in terms of the talent pool.

B.S., this is the deepest draft in ages. I'd rather see the team finish strong.

#13 : December 20, 2009, 11:12:19 PM

just add it to the list of things the Bucs can't do right...  we can't even lose properly...  well probably fall to #4 when its all over...   

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 20, 2009, 11:14:42 PM

B.S., this is the deepest draft in ages. I'd rather see the team finish strong.

It is deep but Suh is head and shoulders over the other talent. Don't care much after him where we wind up albeit I'd prefer we're in a spot right after some sucker takes Berry away.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs beat Atlanta, we could fall as far as #5 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools