Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs beat Atlanta, we could fall as far as #5 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 21, 2009, 01:26:16 AM

to me 3-5 there is no differnce

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#16 : December 21, 2009, 01:37:29 AM

So what. I guess you would rather us not win for 3 or 4 seasons straight just to get higher draft picks. I am sick of hearing about the draft position. Enjoy the win for now. Worry about the draft after bowl season.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#17 : December 21, 2009, 04:23:52 AM

I'm of the mindset that you win every game you can and THEN worry about the draft. If you suck so bad that you're in line for the first pick, chances are whoever that is won't turn around the franchise by himself. The team needs to win and gain confidence going into the offseason so when they pick, which will be in the top five, they will still get a quality starter (Gaines Adams excluded) for years to come. I will NEVER wish for the Bucs to lose for draft position!

lol exactly what i was thinking, but couldnt word it right, good job!

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 21, 2009, 10:09:20 AM

I said earlier on that I'd like to see the Bucs picking at #5. I coveted Suh, but I think the fifth slot puts them in a great position to take an impact player OR to trade down for more picks (my personal preference, depending on what is offered).

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 21, 2009, 10:30:22 AM

I said earlier on that I'd like to see the Bucs picking at #5. I coveted Suh, but I think the fifth slot puts them in a great position to take an impact player OR to trade down for more picks (my personal preference, depending on what is offered).
Yes. You basically never see teams trade inside the top 5, but starting at #5 there gets to be some action. I'm of the opinion that after Suh, the next 50 or so players have equal chances of being good. If Suh is out of the picture, I don't care if the Bucs' 1st pick is at #10.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 21, 2009, 10:33:01 AM

The Bucs would have to hope that a guy somebody really wants is there....as Sanchez was for the Jets last season. Ironically, the pick the Jets traded to move up was used to select Freeman and deciphering who the better QB is at this point is debatable.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

AcuraT

Starter

#21 : December 21, 2009, 11:36:37 AM

Anyone believe in the "act of god" that allows the Bucs to beat the Saints?  I sure do not.

Atlanta is a lot better than Tampa.  They just played the Jets one week after the Bucs.  The Bucs were blown out 29-3.  The Falcons came to NY in sub-freezing temperatures and high winds (I should know, I went to that game for some silly reason), and still beat the Jets. 

Unless Atlanta changes their minds and gives up all of a sudden, the Bucs are going to be very hard pressed to win a third game.  Still, I am impressed that Tampa got its act together and looked halfway decent on the video I saw later... never saw that performance coming against Seattle.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 21, 2009, 12:57:52 PM

"If the Bucs beat Atlanta, we could fall as far as #5"

From your lips to God's ears.  I'm hoping for somewhere outside the top 4.  Anything to help this regime not screw over the organization for years to come.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 21, 2009, 12:58:52 PM

+1

Madman

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 21, 2009, 02:52:59 PM

I just want to see the Bucs get one of these guys... 

1. Suh
2. Berry
3. McCoy

There's a BIG drop off IMO after those 3 players.

bigbucco

Rookie

#25 : December 21, 2009, 03:35:32 PM

If we don't get Suh, trading down would make a helluva lotta sense. This draft is so deep in impact players that an extra first or second could make a HUGE difference.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 21, 2009, 03:41:34 PM

It is deep but Suh is head and shoulders over the other talent. Don't care much after him where we wind up albeit I'd prefer we're in a spot right after some sucker takes Berry away.

This. +1000

We probably aren't going to get Suh, so there's probably no sense focusing on him at this point. The overwhelming concern now is not wasting a top pick on a safety.

#27 : December 21, 2009, 03:45:29 PM

+1

+2

Snook

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 21, 2009, 03:47:44 PM

Atlanta is a lot better than Tampa.� They just played the Jets one week after the Bucs.� The Bucs were blown out 29-3.� The Falcons came to NY in sub-freezing temperatures and high winds (I should know, I went to that game for some silly reason), and still beat the Jets.�

I hope you're kidding when you say Atlanta is "a lot" better than the Bucs.  That's hilarious.  Other than 1 drive, Atlanta had just as much offensive success against the Jets as the Bucs did (165 total yards before the game winning drive).  

The Jets pissed that game away yesterday with three Sanchez INTs and two missed Feely FGs.  They should've started Clemens.

The Falcons got an early Christmas gift.

Atlanta is an average NFL team AT BEST.  Want proof?  

They have ZERO wins this season against teams with winning records.  

And they're 0-6 against teams with winning records.  That spells AVERAGE.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 21, 2009, 03:48:24 PM

The Bucs could get Suh if they wanted. It's just a matter of how much they are willing to give up. Who knows, maybe the Glazers will see this as a major way to revive interest in the team and order Dominik to trade up and land him at all costs. Hell, they gave up $8 mil and 4 draft picks when they decided they just had to have Gruden.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs beat Atlanta, we could fall as far as #5 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools