Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs beat Atlanta, we could fall as far as #5 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

AcuraT

Starter

#30 : December 22, 2009, 09:15:09 AM

Atlanta is a lot better than Tampa.� They just played the Jets one week after the Bucs.� The Bucs were blown out 29-3.� The Falcons came to NY in sub-freezing temperatures and high winds (I should know, I went to that game for some silly reason), and still beat the Jets.�

I hope you're kidding when you say Atlanta is "a lot" better than the Bucs.  That's hilarious.  Other than 1 drive, Atlanta had just as much offensive success against the Jets as the Bucs did (165 total yards before the game winning drive).   

The Jets pissed that game away yesterday with three Sanchez INTs and two missed Feely FGs. They should've started Clemens.

The Falcons got an early Christmas gift.

Atlanta is an average NFL team AT BEST.  Want proof? 

They have ZERO wins this season against teams with winning records. 

And they're 0-6 against teams with winning records.  That spells AVERAGE.

Atlanta is a lot better than the Bucs.  You can make as many arguments to the contrary, but Atlanta is a dome team from the south that nearly never wins in the cold, just like Tampa.  Yet they went to NY and beat the Jets who had the #1 rushing team and #1 defense in the NFL.  The Jets were "guranteed" to win according to the NY media having a good running attack and defense.  Yet the Atlanta defense held NY's vaunted running attack to around 100 yards, the passing game was non-existant.  They blocked a field goal.  They did all the right things to win a game.

What did the Bucs do the previous week against the Jets in Tampa?  Not get a first down in the first half?  Get less yards than the Jets scored points in the first half?  Play a miserable game where the defense gave up a 33 yard run for a TD early in the game?  You claim Atlanta got an early Christmas gift.  Atlanta's decent defense kept them in the game, plain and simple.  The Bucs supposedly decent defense that Morris is running it had a hard time doing that the previous week.  Many claim the Bucs defense got "tired."  Funny how the Falcons defense did not get tired out on the field so long in the freezing cold, isn't it?

Sure the Bucs are nearly as good as Atlanta.  The Bucs have nearly zero wins - the two coming against a Green Bay team that at best can play .500 ball, and a Seattle team that has a hard time finding the exit to the stadium.  I credit the Bucs for winning on the west coast, something this franchise always has found hard to do.  Atlanta has won half their games - 7.  That is a decent team.  The Bucs are a long way from decent.  Did I write that they are phenominal? No.  All I said is that they are a lot better than the Bucs,  and they are.  While the Bucs have lost many times by more than 10 points, Atlanta has only lost twice by more than 10 points - to the Patriots (who took the Bucs apart) and Phildelphia (fortinately, Tampa did not have to play them).  Against the Saints, they lost by 8 points and 3 points.  The Bucs only wish they lost to the Saints by a single digit loss. 

There are a lot of stats that show why Atlanta is a lot better than Tampa.  Primiarly, while Atlanta has been in most of its games, Tampa has been out of it before halftime in many of its.  There is a reason Tampa is going to have a top #5 pick this year and at best Atlanta will be #16 - it is a lot better. 

buccnation

Starter
#31 : December 22, 2009, 09:31:22 AM

If we pick 5 then we grab one of the four Mccoy, Berry, Bryant or Mcclain and be happy

Lovin the Lovie

kjbugman

Starter

#32 : December 22, 2009, 09:38:37 AM

HOW ARE WE GOING TO BEAT THE FALCONS WITH RYAN AND TURNER IF WE COULD NOT HOLD UP WITHOUT THEM?

give it a rest, we're 2-14, and we are going to have a  top 3 pick in the draft. That means we get either Ndamukong Suh, Eric Berry, or Gerald McCoy.  ALL THREE of those guys will be pro bowlers, and keep in mind the latter two didnt get to have a Senior Season where they exploded onto the scene (ehm ehm, SUH)

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

Snook

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 22, 2009, 12:44:32 PM

Atlanta is a lot better than the Bucs.� You can make as many arguments to the contrary, but Atlanta is a dome team from the south that nearly never wins in the cold, just like Tampa.� Yet they went to NY and beat the Jets who had the #1 rushing team and #1 defense in the NFL.� The Jets were "guranteed" to win according to the NY media having a good running attack and defense.� Yet the Atlanta defense held NY's vaunted running attack to around 100 yards, the passing game was non-existant.� They blocked a field goal.� They did all the right things to win a game.

What did the Bucs do the previous week against the Jets in Tampa?� Not get a first down in the first half?� Get less yards than the Jets scored points in the first half?� Play a miserable game where the defense gave up a 33 yard run for a TD early in the game?� You claim Atlanta got an early Christmas gift.� Atlanta's decent defense kept them in the game, plain and simple.� The Bucs supposedly decent defense that Morris is running it had a hard time doing that the previous week.� Many claim the Bucs defense got "tired."� Funny how the Falcons defense did not get tired out on the field so long in the freezing cold, isn't it?

Sure the Bucs are nearly as good as Atlanta.� The Bucs have nearly zero wins - the two coming against a Green Bay team that at best can play .500 ball, and a Seattle team that has a hard time finding the exit to the stadium.� I credit the Bucs for winning on the west coast, something this franchise always has found hard to do.� Atlanta has won half their games - 7.� That is a decent team.� The Bucs are a long way from decent.� Did I write that they are phenominal? No.� All I said is that they are a lot better than the Bucs,� and they are.� While the Bucs have lost many times by more than 10 points, Atlanta has only lost twice by more than 10 points - to the Patriots (who took the Bucs apart) and Phildelphia (fortinately, Tampa did not have to play them).� Against the Saints, they lost by 8 points and 3 points.� The Bucs only wish they lost to the Saints by a single digit loss.�

There are a lot of stats that show why Atlanta is a lot better than Tampa.� Primiarly, while Atlanta has been in most of its games, Tampa has been out of it before halftime in many of its.� There is a reason Tampa is going to have a top #5 pick this year and at best Atlanta will be #16 - it is a lot better.�

Tampa has a win over a playoff team.  Atlanta does not.  They're 0-6 against teams with winning records.  That's the only record that matters to a team who had playoff aspirations to start the season.

So what?  The Falcons beat the Jets.  They also got to face Sanchez who turns it over MUCH more than Clemens.  So don't compare the two games.

And like I said before, before their final drive, the Falcons only had 165 total yards in the game.  Pretty similar to what Tampa did. 

Again, the Jets GAVE that game to Atlanta.  Its pretty clear if you watched it.  3 INTs and 2 missed FGs pretty much sealed it. 

AcuraT

Starter

#34 : December 22, 2009, 01:25:31 PM

Tampa has a win over a playoff team.  Atlanta does not.  They're 0-6 against teams with winning records.  That's the only record that matters to a team who had playoff aspirations to start the season.

So what?  The Falcons beat the Jets.  They also got to face Sanchez who turns it over MUCH more than Clemens.  So don't compare the two games.

And like I said before, before their final drive, the Falcons only had 165 total yards in the game.  Pretty similar to what Tampa did. 

Again, the Jets GAVE that game to Atlanta.  Its pretty clear if you watched it.  3 INTs and 2 missed FGs pretty much sealed it. 

Sorry you don't give any credit to a team that keeps games close and is 7-7 but love a team that has been blown out by double digits multiple times to terrible teams but managed to beat one team that may make the playoffs as a wild card.  This is the same Bucs team that LOST to the Falcons with a backup QB and a backup running back.  Bad news ---- they will both be playing the last week of the season.  Worse news, Strougher is out for the season - as if the WR corps was not weak enough as it is.

No team gives another team a win, the Falcons defense blocked a field goal attempt, it was not a miss.  One field goal miss was because error free Clemmons made an error - he fumbled the ball on the kick attempt screwing up the attempt.  One field goal attempt was an outright miss.

And I love how you claim up to the final drive, Atlanta only had the yardage the Bucs had.  Difference is, there WAS that final drive and it won the game for Atlanta.  I did not see the Bucs mount such a drive did you?

If the Bucs win, I will come back here and say you were right - but I doubt very highly it will even be all that close.  More likely another double digit loss.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 22, 2009, 01:41:26 PM

From your lips to God's ears.  I'm hoping for somewhere outside the top 4.  Anything to help this regime not screw over the organization for years to come.

I have more confidence in the draft decision making now than I did with the previous regime. The pendulum has swung from lots of coaching input to virtually none and back to lots of coaching input to, now, a more balanced approach. That's what I'm in favor of. Will it work out better? Time will tell, I guess.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 22, 2009, 01:51:10 PM

What has MD shown that suggests he can't draft?

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#37 : December 22, 2009, 02:13:10 PM

What has MD shown that suggests he can't draft?

Nothing yet. His first draft has turned out to be pretty good, with two potential break-out players (Freeman & Stroughter) -- and would be rated very good if you factor in that we acquried K2 for the 2nd round pick.

If he drafts Berry next year, though... well, I'll have to revise my opinion.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 22, 2009, 02:28:23 PM

If he drafts Berry next year, though... well, I'll have to revise my opinion.

What if Berry lights it up for the Bucs?

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#39 : December 22, 2009, 02:55:07 PM

What if Berry lights it up for the Bucs?

I don't think there's enough a safety, by himself, can do -- even if he is "lighting it up" -- to save a team that generates no pressure on the opposing passer and can't stop the run.

So, I guess I'd be happy that Berry is playing well, but still furious the team stubbornly refuses to address the problems that have lingered since Sapp and Rice left the team.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 22, 2009, 03:40:45 PM

But what if Berry is BPA and the top two DT's are gone at #5?

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#41 : December 22, 2009, 03:47:29 PM

But what if Berry is BPA and the top two DT's are gone at #5?

Unless the guy is a once-in-a-geneation talent (which, from watching Berry play, I don't see), a safety should never be rated BPA at #5. Get better scouts to arrange your draft board.

There's simply no getting around the fact that the safety is one of the least-important positions on the football field.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 22, 2009, 04:42:02 PM

a safety should never be rated BPA at #5. Get better scouts to arrange your draft board. 

BPA is BPA - the player's position isn't a factor.

A player's position is a factor when considering need, not BPA.

#43 : December 22, 2009, 04:44:43 PM

BPA is BPA - the player's position isn't a factor.

If he's one hell of a placekick holder, you take him.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 22, 2009, 05:08:03 PM

Sorry you don't give any credit to a team that keeps games close and is 7-7 but love a team that has been blown out by double digits multiple times to terrible teams but managed to beat one team that may make the playoffs as a wild card.  This is the same Bucs team that LOST to the Falcons with a backup QB and a backup running back.  Bad news ---- they will both be playing the last week of the season.  Worse news, Strougher is out for the season - as if the WR corps was not weak enough as it is.

No team gives another team a win, the Falcons defense blocked a field goal attempt, it was not a miss.  One field goal miss was because error free Clemmons made an error - he fumbled the ball on the kick attempt screwing up the attempt.  One field goal attempt was an outright miss.

And I love how you claim up to the final drive, Atlanta only had the yardage the Bucs had.  Difference is, there WAS that final drive and it won the game for Atlanta.  I did not see the Bucs mount such a drive did you?

If the Bucs win, I will come back here and say you were right - but I doubt very highly it will even be all that close.  More likely another double digit loss.

So Atlanta is one drive better than the Bucs...

Again, you claimed Atlanta is "a lot" better than the Bucs.  NOTHING you've stated backs that up.  Sorry.  My measure of a good team is one that beats other good teams.  Atlanta doesn't.  They're 0-6 against teams with winning records and of their 7 wins, only 1 is impressive (45-10 over SF).  And their 7 losses are by an average of almost TWELVE points.  Isn't that a double digit?

And, no, I don't give credit to teams who keep games "close" but still lose.  That's garbage. 

Sorry, but the Falcons are nothing special.  And the Bucs OWN them in Ray Jay in December/January games. 

I'll see you here January 3rd around 4pm...

I'm willing to bet you thought last year's 9-7 Bucs were "a lot" better than some teams in the NFL...   ::)

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs beat Atlanta, we could fall as far as #5 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools