Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski V Leinart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 18, 2006, 03:57:53 PM

he has a 4 year contract he wont get a new one until the end of the 3rd season. by then we will know if he is worth it.

If he is the starter he will get a new deal at the end of next season.  You don’t hold sixth round picks to their rookie deals when they start from day one, especially a QB.

coopsxx

Starter
#46 : October 18, 2006, 04:01:52 PM

Patriots did didn't they??

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 18, 2006, 04:02:13 PM

If he is the starter he will get a new deal at the end of next season.  You don’t hold sixth round picks to their rookie deals when they start from day one, especially a QB.

If he is the starter by the end of next season I agree with you that he will receive a new deal.  Right now I am watching to see if he finishes this year as the starter.  :o

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 18, 2006, 04:54:32 PM

I think Grads has more true charisma.  Leinart is very 'hollywood' and he has a great marketable image, which is a form of charisma.  Grads has a special aura about him, he just seems like a natural leader.

If you take the definitions of "charisma" listed below, I think Grads would be number one, and Leinart number two.

1 : a personal magic of leadership arousing special popular loyalty or enthusiasm.

2 : a special magnetic charm or appeal.

So you don't think Leinert is a leader? After winning 2 National Championships, barely missing a 3rd, and after the way he's performed for the Cards with little or no running game to back him up, missing one of his best WR's, behind an OL that may be worse than ours and having Denny Green as a coach?

Your man-crush for Bruce is very strong, grasshopper..

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#49 : October 18, 2006, 05:35:02 PM

uncharacteristic??? After only 1 game he's built up characteristics???? If you are referring to his college days, then the player bio's I read after the draft all stated he was innaccurate on his deep balls. I'm just curious where you came up with that line of thought?

I watched Gradkowski when I was at law school in Toledo. He throws a nice deep ball, but it is more of the "go get it" variety a la Jeff Blake than the "laser-to-a-spot" that Simms throws. In college, Gradkowski would go deep by putting a lot of air under the ball and throwing it out in front of the receiver to let him run under it and make a play -- tailor made for speed-guys like Lance Moore and Steve Odom who were his targets at UT.

Problem with that type of deep ball is that it can get a QB into trouble because he has to make the decision to go deep early in the progressions and throw the ball way out ahead of the play -- moreso than guys like Simms who can get the ball from there to here  in the blink of an eye.

Gradkowski's deep ball is going to be good for the 2 or 3 times per game where he sees 1-on-1 coverage with no safety help for a wideout and/or a jump-ball situation with a taller receiver like Stovall. If he can do that successfully, it'll at least force defenses to respect the ability.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#50 : October 18, 2006, 05:37:59 PM

I think Leinart has a higher football IQ,  but Grads sounds like the kind of guy that wants to improve his.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 18, 2006, 06:07:34 PM

So you don't think Leinert is a leader? After winning 2 National Championships, barely missing a 3rd, and after the way he's performed for the Cards with little or no running game to back him up, missing one of his best R's, behind an OL that may be worse than ours and having Denny Green as a coach?

Your man-crush for Bruce is very strong, grasshopper..

Leinart is a very fine footballer who has been groomed to lead, Grads appears to be a natural born leader, there is a difference my friend.  I might be wrong about Grads, but from what I have seen, heard and read I believe he has a special kind of charisma.

There are many good leaders and men will follow them, but when someone is a great leader men want to follow them.  I haven't had enough exposure to Leinart to place him in one category or the other, but from what I have seen of Grads he seems to have the potential to be a great leader.  I am not just talking about football here either.  Grads has a spark that would transend into anything he does IMO.

SR pretty much echoed what I said about his charisma on his radio show this evening.  The feeling amongst the players at One Buc is Grads is a born leader and he has won them over already.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 18, 2006, 06:35:01 PM

Leinart is a very fine footballer who has been groomed to lead, Grads appears to be a natural born leader, there is a difference my friend.  I might be wrong about Grads, but from what I have seen, heard and read I believe he has a special kind of charisma.

Yea, there is a difference. One example is real, the other is something concocted in your mind to back your argument.

All great leaders are born, not groomed.

You can't teach it, it's a gift. Leinert, as well as Grad, have leadershop abilities. The grooming part only comes into play when you teach a QB how to do his job between the lines, which is in effect teaching the game, not how to lead.

Call it charisma or whatever, but Leinart has it by the boatloads. He's already proven to be a great leader it in high school, at the highest college level, and it appears he's grabbed the bull by the horns in Arizona too. That's not a knock of your pet QB, it's just the facts about Leinart.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#53 : October 18, 2006, 06:39:53 PM

Yea, there is a difference. One example is real, the other is something concocted in your mind to back your argument.

All great leaders are born, not groomed.

You can't teach it, it's a gift. Leinert, as well as Grad, have leadershop abilities. The grooming part only comes into play when you teach a QB how to do his job between the lines, which is in effect teaching the game, not how to lead.

Call it charisma or whatever, but Leinart has it by the boatloads. He's already proven to be a great leader it in high school, at the highest college level, and it appears he's grabbed the bull by the horns in Arizona too. That's not a knock of your pet QB, it's just the facts about Leinart.

I did also say I haven't had enough exposure of Leinart to categorise his leadership type.   ;)

I can personally testify that there are definitely two types of leaders, and leadership can be taught and entrusted.  I have had interactions with both types in the past, and if you have ever encountered a natural born leader you would understand what I am talking about.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#54 : October 18, 2006, 07:03:19 PM

I can personally testify that there are definitely two types of leaders, and leadership can be taught and entrusted.  I have had interactions with both types in the past, and if you have ever encountered a natural born leader you would understand what I am talking about.

I'm not so young that I don't know better. I know what you're getting at, but somebody placed in a position of responsiblity is not, in my book, necessarily a leader per se, just someone granted the authority to make decisions.

Really, we're just talking semantics. But you seem to already want to label Leinart when you admittedly "haven't had enough exposure of Leinart to categorise his leadership type".

I have, and I know what I've seen..

And it's also a safe bet most everyone, including Buc fans, have seen Leinart in action more often than you've seen Grads in the last few years. So to label him a "natural born leader" might also be a little premature...

Relax, I said "might"..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#55 : October 18, 2006, 07:10:43 PM

And I thought you were 21 years old.  >:(

Leinart is awesome, I don't know why anyone would have doubted he would be anything less than a great QB in the NFL.  He is a winner, completely unflappable with all the tools to get the job done.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#56 : October 18, 2006, 07:22:11 PM

Leinart is awesome, I don't know why anyone would have doubted he would be anything less than a great QB in the NFL. He is a winner, completely unflappable with all the tools to get the job done.

'bout time...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#57 : October 18, 2006, 07:29:17 PM

'bout time...

Have you got a little man-crush on Hollywood?

coopsxx

Starter
#58 : October 18, 2006, 07:30:38 PM

He will never win even a division championship...until he demands a trade.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#59 : October 18, 2006, 07:38:05 PM

Have you got a little man-crush on Hollywood?

No, I've just watched him play for a long time, he went to high school about 5 miles from me. Remember when I was pulling for Grootegoed? Same reasons..

BTW, reversing the field on me is kinda lame..

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski V Leinart « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools