Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski V Leinart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

coopsxx

Starter
: October 18, 2006, 03:00:36 AM

Passing Yards
G: 429 - L: 529

Pass %
G: 58 - L: 60

Attempts
G: 81 - L: 86

TD/Ints
G: 4/1 - L: 4/2

Fumbles
G: 1 - L: 2

Rating
G: 83.8 - L: 84.4

Rushing
G: 10/38 - L: 2/-3

Rushing 1st Downs
G: 3 - L: 0

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 18, 2006, 07:21:04 AM

Leinart looked more polished especially against that Bears D. But when it mattered the most, Gradkowski delivered, and that s all I ask from him right now.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 18, 2006, 09:04:46 AM

owski V Leinart  ???

Not even close, Leinart is much more polished IMO.  Maybe in two or three years we can say Grads is better than Leinart for Gruden's offense.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 18, 2006, 09:18:55 AM

Street Smarts versus Urban Cool...Mmmmm.  Give Street Smarts one year and then he'll be cool too...But Leinart is very impressive now.  L may be tough but I think Grads will go for jugular...in a nice way, of course.  LOL

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 18, 2006, 09:23:13 AM

My daughter has a giant poster of Matt Leinart in her room (not for football abilities), so I am just going to say Gradkowski because I'm tired of hearing about and seeing Leinart.  ;) ;D

Honestly though, I think Leinart will develop into a 'franchise' quarterback long before Gradkowski ever would, but the 6th rounder is proving he should have been bumped up a few rounds.

coopsxx

Starter
#5 : October 18, 2006, 09:53:02 AM

It is clear Leinart is a better QB and prospect but the point the stats prove is that production wise their aint much difference considering 1 is a top 10 pick the other is a 6th rounder.

Think of it this way the cost of Cadillac, Clayton and Gradkowski's contract is equal to that of Leinarts.

(The other thing to note is that whilst Leinart is more polished at the moment, Gradkowski will develop and become better, Leiart WILL NEVER< EVER devlop the rushing skill and abilty to create and save himself with his feet!!!)

#6 : October 18, 2006, 09:59:09 AM

Leinart looked great against the Bears.  I didn't give Leinart enough credit coming out.  I think he's better than Grads, but...we'll see.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 18, 2006, 10:00:36 AM

It is clear Leinart is a better QB and prospect but the point the stats prove is that production wise their aint much difference considering 1 is a top 10 pick the other is a 6th rounder.

Think of it this way the cost of Cadillac, Clayton and Gradkowski's contract is equal to that of Leinarts.

(The other thing to note is that whilst Leinart is more polished at the moment, Gradkowski will develop and become better, Leiart WILL NEVER< EVER devlop the rushing skill and abilty to create and save himself with his feet!!!)

How is that possible?  Did they really give Leinart that much money?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 18, 2006, 10:06:59 AM

Leinarts obviously more polished and sneaky mobile. Production is production and they're moving along the same, IMO.

What I likes about ML's performance on Monday night was how cool he played against a very good Bears defense. He didn't panick....

coopsxx

Starter
#9 : October 18, 2006, 11:32:08 AM

Leinart contract 51$ mil (without getting into extensive detail)

Caddy's 31$ mil (he was picked 5 spots before lineart too)
Clayton 13$ mil

I cant find Gradkowski contract numbers but am certain as a 6th rounder they are less than the 7$ mil diff between Caddy + Clayton & Leinart

(Joseph was 10$ mil, you could almost have all 4)
I think it is obvious what you would choose.

#10 : October 18, 2006, 12:05:14 PM

How can you compare a top 10 pick to a 6th rounder? ???

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 18, 2006, 12:08:49 PM

How can you compare a top 10 pick to a 6th rounder? ???

EASY.

Who is better Brady OR McNabb  :P

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 18, 2006, 12:17:16 PM

...Leinart WILL NEVER< EVER devlop the rushing skill and abilty to create and save himself with his feet!!!

So he'll never be another Vick?

Good for the Cards..

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : October 18, 2006, 12:18:50 PM

EASY.

I think he's got you Mr. Bucfan

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 18, 2006, 12:21:29 PM

EASY.

Brady came out of Michigan. Gradkowski came out of Toledo. Whereas your point about 1st round/6th round is true, the level of play between a Toledo and a Michigan is very different. You play your schedule, but Leinart (and Brady) played against Notre Dame, Washington, etc. Gradkowski played against Bowling Green; Eastern Michigan. You might be able to put up an argument that there is a difference between Leinart and Gradkowski that wasn't present for McNabb and Brady (although Syracuse has its fair share of Rutgers and Wyoming  ;)).

:

Hide Tools Show Tools