Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski V Leinart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

« #15 : October 18, 2006, 12:23:37 PM »

EASY.

Who is better Brady OR McNabb :P
touche'

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #16 : October 18, 2006, 12:24:38 PM »

I don't care where they played, what round they were picked, or who was on there schedule. All I care about is wins. If Gradkowski wins us a couple Lombardis and Lienhart wins the Cards a couple lombardis, I won't give a rats ass. Right now though with the stats laid out in the original post, we got the better end of the deal.

coopsxx

Starter
« #17 : October 18, 2006, 12:29:12 PM »

You need to realise that technically Mcnabb is better than Brady. (not that brady is far behing.) The reason Brady has 3 rings is because his low 6th round contract allowed the Patriots to build the best Team.

as the contract stats show we are doing the same. Caddy Clayton Grad = Leinart. (Financially)

drywallbuc

Starter

« #18 : October 18, 2006, 12:38:18 PM »

hopefully the int stat doesn't go up for grads this weekend. his long ball sucks, we saw it in prseason, and the two games he has played this season. if mccown is as mobile as people say, and he throws a decent long ball, then maybe we see him alot sooner than people think. im sure the eagles are licking thier chops right now thinking about those overthrows or underthrows. his long passes are never on target. name of the game is all about moving the chains, but when all the plays are at most 20yards, would that not shrink the field for the running backs. he only hit 3of11 long passes last week, now i dont mean 10yard pass ran another 25yards, that would be the reciever doing his job.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #19 : October 18, 2006, 12:41:23 PM »

Grads long ball looked good in the Saints game and he was accurate but this last game he was not accurate which is uncharacteristic of him.  Grads is a better version of Luke in every single way.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #20 : October 18, 2006, 12:45:26 PM »

Grads long ball looked good in the Saints game and he was accurate but this last game he was not accurate which is uncharacteristic of him.  Grads is a better version of Luke in every single way.
uncharacteristic??? After only 1 game he's built up characteristics???? If you are referring to his college days, then the player bio's I read after the draft all stated he was innaccurate on his deep balls. I'm just curious where you came up with that line of thought?

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #21 : October 18, 2006, 12:53:10 PM »

I'd take both Gradkowski and Leinart over Vince Young! Please stop all the talk about McCown, he's an unproven backup. Go back and watch how he did with Cleveland when he got a chance to start. TERRIBLE! Nowhere near as good as Gradkowski! McCown may be able to run but he never appeared to have half the charisma Bruce has. For someone to say McNabb is better than Brady is just assinine!!!!!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #22 : October 18, 2006, 01:00:34 PM »

I'd take both Gradkowski and Leinart over Vince Young! Please stop all the talk about McCown, he's an unproven backup. Go back and watch how he did with Cleveland when he got a chance to start. TERRIBLE! Nowhere near as good as Gradkowski! McCown may be able to run but he never appeared to have half the charisma Bruce has. For someone to say McNabb is better than Brady is just assinine!!!!!!!
Excellent post!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #23 : October 18, 2006, 01:03:43 PM »

All I know is like with Simms last season, I am praying Grads progresses and nails down the starters job.  It is in the Bucs best interest if he can master Gruden's system and run the offense efficiently.

We need a QB to stick around for a few years and if Grads falls by the wayside the search will continue.   >:(  

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #24 : October 18, 2006, 01:18:03 PM »

He'll stick! I really think he has "it". Couldn't tell you what "it" is, but I remember watching Roethlisberger in a preseason game and thinking he had "it" also. I think it's the way they carry themselves and the confidence that borders on **CENSORED**iness that they have to have. They are not always the most talented, but they seem like the perfect QB's for there particular teams and offenses. Big Ben is perfect for the Steelers run first offense, Montana was perfect for Walsh's WCO and I think Grads will prove to be the right guy for Grudens. It's all about the style of offense their in. Do you really think Montana would have been so successful if he would have played in Marino's throw it deep offense?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #25 : October 18, 2006, 01:20:52 PM »

He'll stick! I really think he has "it". Couldn't tell you what "it" is, but I remember watching Roethlisberger in a preseason game and thinking he had "it" also.

I agree....he seems to have the "IT" factor, whatever that might be.  ???

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #26 : October 18, 2006, 01:27:35 PM »

He'll stick! I really think he has "it". Couldn't tell you what "it" is, but I remember watching Roethlisberger in a preseason game and thinking he had "it" also. I think it's the way they carry themselves and the confidence that borders on **CENSORED**iness that they have to have. They are not always the most talented, but they seem like the perfect QB's for there particular teams and offenses. Big Ben is perfect for the Steelers run first offense, Montana was perfect for Walsh's WCO and I think Grads will prove to be the right guy for Grudens. It's all about the style of offense their in. Do you really think Montana would have been so successful if he would have played in Marino's throw it deep offense?
It? When referring to Roethlisberger, the "it" you saw was called having a great team around him.  Obviously this season Big Ben has Sh"it"

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
« #27 : October 18, 2006, 01:32:28 PM »

For a little perspective…Leinart was making short throws to wide open receivers against a very soft Bear defense in the first quarter. He completed his first eight passes, 9 of first 11, including both TD’s. His first incompletion was on the interception that was overturned. The rest of the game he was 16/36…14/20 in the first half and 10/24 in the second half. Leinart's performance may have been good for a rookie, but was average overall.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma  made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #28 : October 18, 2006, 01:36:17 PM »

Grads salary numbers:

2006 $275,000
2007 $360,000
2008 $445,000
2009 $530,000

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #29 : October 18, 2006, 01:48:07 PM »

Roethlisberger might not be having a good year right now, but he did a lot more for the Steelers his rookie year than people give him credit for. The year before they stunk, finishing 5-10-1. The only change they made the next year was at QB and they went 15-1. The guy is a very good QB who had a slump, but will win more than 1 SB in his career.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski V Leinart « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools