Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski V Leinart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #30 : October 18, 2006, 01:53:31 PM »

Roethlisberger might not be having a good year right now, but he did a lot more for the Steelers his rookie year than people give him credit for. The year before they stunk, finishing 5-10-1. The only change they made the next year was at QB and they went 15-1. The guy is a very good QB who had a slump, but will win more than 1 SB in his career.
Wasn't Bettis hurt and out for most of the seaon the year before??

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #31 : October 18, 2006, 01:56:46 PM »

Nope. They were using him and Zeroue or however you spell it.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #32 : October 18, 2006, 02:25:09 PM »

Leinart has a better arm, and throws a nicer ball, period.  + Leinart
He is also decisive, like Grads, and doesn't hesitate. =
He seems to have somewhat better vision + Leinart
Leinart has more valulable experience, seems more comfortable with what he sees on the field. + Leinart
Charisma I can't tell, but I'd say it's hard to have more than Grads, so I'll put this as =
Grads is far more mobile +Grads
Grads is already in a system that seems tailored to him, Leinart is going to have one built around him.  That'll take some time so +Grads
Grads has a Taskmaster Coach with a history of developing great QB's.  Leinart has Denny Green. +Grads

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #33 : October 18, 2006, 03:07:51 PM »

Leinart has a better arm, and throws a nicer ball, period. + Leinart
He is also decisive, like Grads, and doesn't hesitate. =
He seems to have somewhat better vision + Leinart
Leinart has more valulable experience, seems more comfortable with what he sees on the field. + Leinart
Charisma I can't tell, but I'd say it's hard to have more than Grads, so I'll put this as =
Grads is far more mobile +Grads
Grads is already in a system that seems tailored to him, Leinart is going to have one built around him. That'll take some time so +Grads
Grads has a Taskmaster Coach with a history of developing great QB's. Leinart has Denny Green. +Grads

Pretty much on the money, except that charisma statement.

Leinert is pure So Cal, the OC, Hollywood like everyone likes to say. Million-dollar smile, smooth interview, proven to be cool in the biggest pressure games, adored by young girls and rumor has it he charmed the pants off of Paris Hilton (like that's hard lol)..

Hardly anyone outside of Tampa and Toledo know who Grad is..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #34 : October 18, 2006, 03:24:57 PM »

Leinert is pure So Cal, the OC, Hollywood like everyone likes to say. Million-dollar smile, smooth interview, proven to be cool in the biggest pressure games, adored by young girls and rumor has it he charmed the pants off of Paris Hilton (like that's hard lol)..

I think Grads has more true charisma.  Leinart is very 'hollywood' and he has a great marketable image, which is a form of charisma.  Grads has a special aura about him, he just seems like a natural leader.

If you take the definitions of "charisma" listed below, I think Grads would be number one, and Leinart number two.

1 : a personal magic of leadership arousing special popular loyalty or enthusiasm.

2 : a special magnetic charm or appeal.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #35 : October 18, 2006, 03:28:28 PM »

uncharacteristic??? After only 1 game he's built up characteristics???? If you are referring to his college days, then the player bio's I read after the draft all stated he was innaccurate on his deep balls. I'm just curious where you came up with that line of thought?

You keep reading those player bios.  I saw with my own eyes Gradkowski throw a perfect play action pass to Galloway.  Late in the game he made a nice sideline throw to Hilliard too.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #36 : October 18, 2006, 03:31:05 PM »

You keep reading those player bios.  I saw with my own eyes Gradkowski throw a perfect play action pass to Galloway.  Late in the game he made a nice sideline throw to Hilliard too.

He threw some nice balls in the Saints game, and he was pretty good in pre-season as well.  I think we have been spoilt a little by Simms's rocket arm, but he is probably in the top five for arm strength in the NFL.

Grads has an adequate arm, although he had a few bad passes last weekend.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #37 : October 18, 2006, 03:39:40 PM »

On the Charisma thing I'm talking about on-field, get your teammates to trust/rally around you.  And if you want to see him in action, his post-game c onference this week was a great example.  Had everyone eating out of his hands. 
I know Leinart is more "the guy" off the field, but I can't say how he does on it, just haven't seen enough of him. 

coopsxx

Starter
« #38 : October 18, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »

Gruden has said repeatedly that he got ahead of himself for the Cincy game, playing at home for the first time and coming out last he was forcing it. I don't think we will see many deep balls from him unless a guy is wide open.

Regardless of all the stats and comparisons. the most importanant is Grads 1.6$ mil wage to Lienarts 51$ mil

« #39 : October 18, 2006, 03:46:43 PM »

Grads has an adequate arm, although he had a few bad passes last weekend.

Agreed.  I think that the throws looked like a product of nerves or excitement rather than lack of accuracy, though.  The man threw for nearly 70% over his whoole college career.  He looked over-excited and seemed to be "pushing" alot of those longer throws, rather than just reacting and letting it come to him.  He'll learn from this, though.

The game could've/should've been broken wide open by half time, considering some of the throws he missed.

Bottom line, he's a rookie and learned alot on Sun.  Let's hope he learns more this weekend and we come away with another win.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #40 : October 18, 2006, 03:48:11 PM »

Regardless of all the stats and comparisons. the most importanant is Grads 1.6$ mil wage to Lienarts 51$ mil

Right now that is important, but if Grads steps up I am sure he will get a large multi year deal at the end of next season.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #41 : October 18, 2006, 03:49:09 PM »

Right now that is important, but if Grads steps up I am sure he will get a large multi year deal at the end of next season.

Maybe but not a mega deal like Leinart received. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #42 : October 18, 2006, 03:51:03 PM »

Maybe but not a mega deal like Leinart received. 

Who knows?  If he develops and runs Gruden’s offense well he will deserves starters money, and that is roughly what Leinart’s rookie deal is.

coopsxx

Starter
« #43 : October 18, 2006, 03:56:12 PM »

he has a 4 year contract he wont get a new one until the end of the 3rd season. by then we will know if he is worth it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #44 : October 18, 2006, 03:57:27 PM »

Who knows?  If he develops and runs Gruden’s offense well he will deserves starters money, and that is roughly what Leinart’s rookie deal is.

You are correct it is hard to gauge but it is hard to imagine Gradkowski commanding that much guaranteed money even if he plays out lights out the entire year. 
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski V Leinart « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools