Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confidence & pride is more important than Suh « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Incognito

Hall of Famer

: December 21, 2009, 10:52:06 AM

The Bucs did something none of us thought they could do. They went to Seattle and beat the Hawks in their own house. Wait no... they didn't just beat em, they SPANKED em. I think this win has brought confidence and pride to a young team. They will probably take the momentum and be competitive vs the Saints... and then they'll probably beat the Falgoons. Closing the season with 3 good games will be a huge confidence builder... so that next year, they will come out swingin'.

To me, that is much more influential than any ONE player (Suh for example). So, you people who are attached to his ballbag like a Ramora eel need to let go and start rooting for your team TO WIN.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 21, 2009, 10:55:04 AM

if we pick 2nd behind the rams i still think suh falls to us.  rams NEED a qb.  no matter what they say, they are going qb 1st overall.

detroit will get suh though.

back on topic.  i didnt want them losing.  but i wanted detroit and the brown and the rams to win with us.  so we still have a good pick.

i like raheem and hope he gets another year, and he proved it by winning more december games this year than jon gruden won last year.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 21, 2009, 11:01:27 AM

Really that notion is silly. Would you rather have won one more game or gotten Sapp the year we got him. Did that player = more wins of the next decade or would winning X game no one can even recall have done so?  Hey, how about this - we beat CLE on Dec 24th in 2006. That allowed us to get Adams isntead of Thomas. Think that win helped us a whole ton with the big confidence boost we had?

Confidence and pride come from winning and winning requires players. Suh won't be the only good player in the draft and where we pick we should still get a good one but to claim that winning that SEA game will mean more to this team than a better player is wrong.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 21, 2009, 11:05:09 AM

Really that notion is silly. Would you rather have won one more game or gotten Sapp the year we got him. Did that player = more wins of the next decade or would winning X game no one can even recall have done so?  Hey, how about this - we beat CLE on Dec 24th in 2006. That allowed us to get Adams isntead of Thomas. Think that win helped us a whole ton with the big confidence boost we had?

Confidence and pride come from winning and winning requires players. Suh won't be the only good player in the draft and where we pick we should still get a good one but to claim that winning that SEA game will mean more to this team than a better player is wrong.

Comparing Suh to Sapp at this juncture is EVEN MORE silly. He hasn't played a single down in the NFL. Therefore, you have no idea how he will turn out.

Try again.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 21, 2009, 11:08:37 AM

Even more silly is using Sapp in comparison to Suh. Suh has yet to face NFL competition. There's absolutely no guarantee he can make this kind of impact in the NFL. Sure, he can terrorize average linemen in the Big 12...but he'll face the best of the best week in and week out.

Don't get me wrong, I think Suh is great prospect - but he's not the only prospect.  BTW, we traded DOWN and still managed to get Warren Sapp. Weird stuff happens leading up to the draft.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 21, 2009, 11:16:02 AM

Comparing Suh to Sapp at this juncture is EVEN MORE silly. He hasn't played a single down in the NFL. Therefore, you have no idea how he will turn out.

Try again.

Wow, you just don't get the argument at all. Not shocking given your crappy initial argument.

Let us try this again: good players > winning meaningless games.

No one will recall this SEA game in 2 years. If Suh is the player most people think he is he will be much more important than a win in SEA just like Sapp was more important than any single win or like Joe Thomas would have meant more than winning the CLE game. Confidence and Pride don't matter becuase any confidence and pride we have will NOT be founded on this lousy season, it will happen when we win games and that doesn't change until we get better players.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 21, 2009, 11:18:06 AM

Confidence and pride that you can stick into the toilet.  I'll take the win, but I will not profess my love with missing on Suh. >.>

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 21, 2009, 11:24:40 AM

I partially agree, we're fans, we should root for the team to win rather than a guy who has never played a down in the NFL and we have no idea how he'll turn out. There's been alot of busts that looked like sure things. No one will care a few years from now if we were 4-12 or 2-14, but I'd still like to finish up this season strong. I still want Suh badly, but I'd be happy with any top 5 prospect.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 21, 2009, 11:26:02 AM

I partially agree, we're fans, we should root for the team to win rather than a guy who has never played a down in the NFL

I told my buddy at the bar, logically I know winning the games doesn't help my help over the long haul but when the game starts I can't root against them to do well.

#9 : December 21, 2009, 11:30:16 AM

disagree 1000%.   having Suh on this team would have MUCH more positive effect than some meaningless win over a TERRIBLE Seattle team.  What confidence does the team have now?  New Orleans will beat us by 40 points and treat us like the high school football team that we are.    Well finish 2-14 this year, and maybe we'll be 6-10 next year.    big whoop.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 21, 2009, 11:31:48 AM

The Bucs did something none of us thought they could do. They went to Seattle and beat the Hawks in their own house. Wait no... they didn't just beat em, they SPANKED em. I think this win has brought confidence and pride to a young team. They will probably take the momentum and be competitive vs the Saints... and then they'll probably beat the Falgoons. Closing the season with 3 good games will be a huge confidence builder... so that next year, they will come out swingin'.

To me, that is much more influential than any ONE player (Suh for example). So, you people who are attached to his ballbag like a Ramora eel need to let go and start rooting for your team TO WIN.

I agree that winning is ALWAYS the goal.  However, I just don't see us beating either Atlanta or NO.  Besides, playing to draft ONE guy?  That's absurd!  What if the guy's a bust?  What if he gets injured?  What about the message it sends to the guy about his perceived value?  No way.  A good coach wants to WIN.  And then if he's a really good coach, he'll be able to make the most of his draft picks regardless of where he drafts.  

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 21, 2009, 11:35:52 AM

Really that notion is silly. Would you rather have won one more game or gotten Sapp the year we got him. Did that player = more wins of the next decade or would winning X game no one can even recall have done so? Hey, how about this - we beat CLE on Dec 24th in 2006. That allowed us to get Adams isntead of Thomas. Think that win helped us a whole ton with the big confidence boost we had?

+1000

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#12 : December 21, 2009, 11:37:41 AM

I partially agree, we're fans, we should root for the team to win rather than a guy who has never played a down in the NFL

I told my buddy at the bar, logically I know winning the games doesn't help my help over the long haul but when the game starts I can't root against them to do well.

i was telling my wife that i hoped we lost just so we would have a better chance to get the #1 pick, but as soon as the ball was kicked off my whole mind set changed. its hard not to chher when we play well.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 21, 2009, 11:38:35 AM

if we pick 2nd behind the rams i still think suh falls to us.� rams NEED a qb.� no matter what they say, they are going qb 1st overall.

detroit will get suh though.

back on topic.  i didnt want them losing.  but i wanted detroit and the brown and the rams to win with us.  so we still have a good pick.

i like raheem and hope he gets another year, and he proved it by winning more december games this year than jon gruden won last year.

Rams have taken d-line in first round 2 of last three years. Go QB ST Louis!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 21, 2009, 11:42:28 AM

anyone who thinks winning a couple of games late in the year has any carry over effect to the next season either has a short memory or wasn't a fan of this team in the 80's to early 90's
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confidence & pride is more important than Suh « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools