Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confidence & pride is more important than Suh « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 21, 2009, 11:42:43 AM

I turned on the game with the notion of "let's just get through this".  By the second half, I was actually cheering.  Good stuff.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 21, 2009, 11:46:34 AM

Comparing Suh to Sapp at this juncture is EVEN MORE silly. He hasn't played a single down in the NFL. Therefore, you have no idea how he will turn out.

Try again.

Wow, you just don't get the argument at all. Not shocking given your crappy initial argument.

Let us try this again: good players > winning meaningless games.

No one will recall this SEA game in 2 years. If Suh is the player most people think he is he will be much more important than a win in SEA just like Sapp was more important than any single win or like Joe Thomas would have meant more than winning the CLE game. Confidence and Pride don't matter becuase any confidence and pride we have will NOT be founded on this lousy season, it will happen when we win games and that doesn't change until we get better players.

I get it. You're just not going to remove yourself from his scrotum no matter what anyone says. Theres no reasoning with you. Your opinion is if we get Suh, we'll be a great team... and if we have so settle for any of the other great college players, we'll continue to suck. Confidence has no bearing on a team, right? You have a crystal ball that tells you Suh will be a GOD in the NFL.

Besides all that, you're supposedly a FAN. Fans cheer for wins. You're not doing that. You're actually looking for LOSSES. You're looking ahead at the draft and its getting in the way. Your supposed to enjoy the game of football. Instead, you're over-analyzing everything and disgruntled when we win. Wheres the fun in that? You're not a fan of the Bucs... you're an analyst of the NFL (and not a very good one).

Just ease up. There are other great college players to choose from.

You like Suh and want him on the team? Fine... but that should be secondary to your desire for wins. As it stands, we pick second. the Rams pick first. they need a QB. They may just take one... leaving Suh for us to pick second. You never know. Therefore, you can calm down and stop worrying so much about the draft and try to get back to enjoying football. Either way, we will get a great player in the draft.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 21, 2009, 11:50:17 AM

Lions could beat SF or Chicago.

It's not over yet!

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 21, 2009, 11:54:16 AM

Bad news... I have the feeling we will win the last two games against the aints and fal**CENSORED**s.

Then all off season everyone is going to be talking about how we WON the last 3 games vs. the 4 game collapse.

Go figure... :)

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 21, 2009, 12:27:34 PM

Thing about comparing Sapp to Suh is that people were talking up KiJana Carter that year as a can't miss pick. Sapp was a top 5 pick who dropped to our 12th spot because of drug usage. If anything, Sapp is an example that we would be better off not picking the most hyped player because of their college career.

Oh and Tony Boselli was a huge prospect too and he turned out well and was picked #2. You guys have to realize anyone can turn out to be great or bust.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 21, 2009, 12:29:03 PM

It's not over yet!

I doubt they handle the 9ers, but da bears in Detroit could definitley happen.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 21, 2009, 12:30:44 PM

It's not over yet!

No doubt.  The Bears are definately headed in the wrong direction.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 21, 2009, 12:32:28 PM

It's not over yet!

No doubt. The Bears are definately headed in the wrong direction.

which is great for us in the upcoming draft!

Madman

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 21, 2009, 12:46:03 PM

It's not over yet!

No doubt.  The Bears are definately headed in the wrong direction.

Absolutely. Cutler is in total freefall. Lions could win that.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : December 21, 2009, 02:56:11 PM

It would be so great if the Lions beat the Bears in the last week of the season.  I am hoping the Bears have completely packed it in and the Lions want to win their last game at home for Schwartz.  That would be doubly nice!

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#25 : December 21, 2009, 03:31:18 PM

Besides all that, you're supposedly a FAN. Fans cheer for wins. You're not doing that. You're actually looking for LOSSES. You're looking ahead at the draft and its getting in the way. Your supposed to enjoy the game of football. Instead, you're over-analyzing everything and disgruntled when we win. Wheres the fun in that? You're not a fan of the Bucs... you're an analyst of the NFL (and not a very good one).

I'm a fan of winning championships and playing dominant football. I'm not about just 2009 or just 2010, I'm a fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers franchise. I want the franchise to play at a high level EVERY year -- and that starts with drafting the best players possible.

I don't understand why this is so tough for people to grasp. You follow the team one way (live in the moment at all times, now is the most important time at all times), I follow the team another way (big picture, what is the team doing to become a championship-winning squad). Potato, Potatoe.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 21, 2009, 03:40:46 PM

People are going as crazy about Suh as they were about us landing Cutler earlier this year and look how Cutler is turning out.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#27 : December 21, 2009, 03:43:45 PM

People are going as crazy about Suh as they were about us landing Cutler earlier this year and look how Cutler is turning out.

Tampa's #1 Need: Defensive line help.
Draft's #1 Prospect: Defensive line help.

Hard for people NOT to be giddy over Suh.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#28 : December 21, 2009, 04:00:41 PM

Aint that the truth!  I was against the Bucs going after Cutler but I do want Suh badly, just not bad enough to trade our #1 and 2 #2s

superumana

Practice Squad

#29 : December 21, 2009, 04:09:16 PM

remember how dominate glenn dorsey was supposed to be.. just saying i as well would rather have this team win out then worry about a draft pick. 1 guy isnt going to change this team. look at Albert Haynesworth... also worth nothing even after having a stellar season last year.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confidence & pride is more important than Suh « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools