Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confidence & pride is more important than Suh « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #30 : December 21, 2009, 04:14:01 PM »

remember how dominate glenn dorsey was supposed to be.. just saying i as well would rather have this team win out then worry about a draft pick. 1 guy isnt going to change this team. look at Albert Haynesworth... also worth nothing even after having a stellar season last year.

People keep saying this about Fat Albert but that deadksins defense was #28 vs the run last year up the middle and are now #3 in teh same area and have moved to the #4 team vs the run.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #31 : December 21, 2009, 04:25:10 PM »

People are going as crazy about Suh as they were about us landing Cutler earlier this year and look how Cutler is turning out.

Tampa's #1 Need: Defensive line help.
Draft's #1 Prospect: Defensive line help.

Hard for people NOT to be giddy over Suh.

True and our #1 need in March was a franchise QB when everyone was slobbering all over Cutler. There is an awful, awful lot of cap money tied up with the #1 overall pick. More often that not it does a franchise more long-term damage than good. That's why most teams can't even trade out of the no. 1 slot anymore.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

« #32 : December 21, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »

Grown men who get "giddy" about other men are gay.

Just sayin'.

superumana

Practice Squad

« #33 : December 21, 2009, 04:28:23 PM »

remember how dominate glenn dorsey was supposed to be.. just saying i as well would rather have this team win out then worry about a draft pick. 1 guy isnt going to change this team. look at Albert Haynesworth... also worth nothing even after having a stellar season last year.

People keep saying this about Fat Albert but that deadksins defense was #28 vs the run last year up the middle and are now #3 in teh same area and have moved to the #4 team vs the run.

I see your point... but look at his stats. to me thats not worth the money he is getting.

Season   Team      Tackles   Interceptions   Fumbles
                                                  G   GS Combo Total   Ast   Sck   SFTY   PDef   Int   Yds   Avg   Lng   TDs   FF
2009   Washington Redskins    10    10   29   23   6   3.0   --   5   --   --   0.0   --   --   0
2008   Tennessee Titans    14    14   51   41   10   8.5   --   2   --   --   0.0   --   --   3

Thomas

Starter

« #34 : December 21, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »

I agree winning or losing is contagious. You never know how a player will translate from college. Ill take the win over draft position any day.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 21, 2009, 04:55:24 PM »

Comparing Suh to Sapp at this juncture is EVEN MORE silly. He hasn't played a single down in the NFL. Therefore, you have no idea how he will turn out.

Try again.

Wow, you just don't get the argument at all. Not shocking given your crappy initial argument.

Let us try this again: good players > winning meaningless games.

No one will recall this SEA game in 2 years. If Suh is the player most people think he is he will be much more important than a win in SEA just like Sapp was more important than any single win or like Joe Thomas would have meant more than winning the CLE game. Confidence and Pride don't matter becuase any confidence and pride we have will NOT be founded on this lousy season, it will happen when we win games and that doesn't change until we get better players.

Complete agreement Dal.  I could care less about this Seahawk win.  Nobody else does, for the most part, either.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 21, 2009, 05:01:18 PM »

Can anyone ever say that they've seen a defensive player, a lineman, take over a game like that?  This cat is one in a lifetime.  This guy will make us instantly better.  Sure there's other's but we are in striking distance from probably the best defensive line prospect sine maybe Jerome Brown?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #37 : December 21, 2009, 05:15:25 PM »

Couldn't care two hoots about the draft, unless we are after only ONE player that would be needed to add to an already successful team.

We are not in that position now and doubt we will be next year.

I want to see us progress and improve and that is coupled with winning or least trying like hell.

No way would I root for the team to not win for just a draft pick. That's just plain crazy.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #38 : December 21, 2009, 05:18:01 PM »

Can anyone ever say that they've seen a defensive player, a lineman, take over a game like that?  This cat is one in a lifetime.  This guy will make us instantly better.  Sure there's other's but we are in striking distance from probably the best defensive line prospect sine maybe Jerome Brown?

Are you saying we should just lay down the next two games.

I can't believe you would say that or even imply it.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 21, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »

No player will make a team "instantly" better.  At least, not enough to sacrifice the team's diginity for...

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #40 : December 21, 2009, 05:21:30 PM »

dal,
And you can write that with a straight face with the fat man missing so many games?

Its that other DT who is raising so much hell, not the million dollar fat man.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #41 : December 21, 2009, 05:23:06 PM »

LOL, yea, Stan, like Haynesworth is somehow playing run D from the hot tub...

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #42 : December 21, 2009, 05:26:45 PM »

Can anyone ever say that they've seen a defensive player, a lineman, take over a game like that? Ă¯Â¿Â½This cat is one in a lifetime. Ă¯Â¿Â½This guy will make us instantly better. Ă¯Â¿Â½Sure there's other's but we are in striking distance from probably the best defensive line prospect sine maybe Jerome Brown?

I haven't seen Nebraska play for the national championship since Suh's been in school.......just sayin'. If the Bucs were one or two players away I could see going all-in on the Suh sweepstakes but they are not even close.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

« #43 : December 21, 2009, 05:30:25 PM »

I think if we win the next 2 games, we can officially say that we have a good team. Winning 3 games in a row (including the mighty saints) would leave no doubt in my mind that the bad times are behind us. The same thing can be said about the players, if we win these next 2 games, they will have the confidence of a good team... and we will have the confidence of NFL analysts and viewers. If it were to happen... and then we get some good players in the draft, people will be talking.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #44 : December 21, 2009, 05:50:05 PM »

dal,
And you can write that with a straight face with the fat man missing so many games?

Its that other DT who is raising so much hell, not the million dollar fat man.

3 games is a lot? Plus, their stats were better before he got hurt. Fat Albert is a wrecking machine in there for the Deadskins.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confidence & pride is more important than Suh « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools