Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zhu Zhu pets « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

spartan

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 22, 2009, 02:26:25 PM

Got 4 of them, planned way ahead. Usually IF the stores have them it is one per household. The day after Black Friday my wife was at Toys R Us at 7, paid cash, drove straight home and I drove straight out and got another. Ridiculous I know but it is what it is.

We followed ebay for a while and they can go for $30, $40, $50 + EACH. The current price on ebay is $23-$40.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 22, 2009, 02:45:19 PM

Got 4 of them, planned way ahead.

Planned ahead for what?

I'm with Boid on this... This thread has FAIL all in it..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 22, 2009, 02:46:51 PM

This is dumber than the "Tickle Me Elmo" fiasco a few years back.  People in this country are just dumb enough to buy up anything that gets hyped at Christmas.  LMAO!

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 22, 2009, 02:48:25 PM

This is dumber than the "Tickle Me Elmo" fiasco a few years back.  People in this country are just dumb enough to buy up anything that gets hyped at Christmas.  LMAO!

Cabbage Patch Kids
Furbys
Tickle Me Elmo
Pokemon
Razor scooters
and now Zhu Zhu pets..

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 22, 2009, 02:52:17 PM

Legend,

Why dont you just get the kid your shopping for, a nice Browns hat?

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 22, 2009, 02:52:33 PM

some of the smartass comments in here about going out of your way to get a toy that your child really wants are amazing

I wonder how many of us had a sit-n-spin when we were kids. Same TV hype. How bout an Atari? Wait, let me venture to guess how many iPods are in this group..

hippo-kritz

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 22, 2009, 02:53:55 PM

some of the smartass comments in here about going out of your way to get a toy that your child really wants are amazing

I wonder how many of us had a sit-n-spin when we were kids. Same TV hype. How bout an Atari? Wait, let me venture to guess how many iPods are in this group..

hippo-kritz

iPod's are a great tool..

What is a kid going to do with a Zhu Zhu pet after 20 minutes?

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 22, 2009, 02:57:23 PM

hippo-kritz

tool?
Not sure what you mean by that. Like a calendar and such? Phones do that now, plus a whole lot more.

We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 22, 2009, 02:58:37 PM

hippo-kritz

tool?
Not sure what you mean by that. Like a calendar and such? Phones do that now, plus a whole lot more.

The Deinition of the word "Tool":

A mechanical device intended to make a task easier(I.E. listening to music)
Why does the guy defending Zhu Zhu pets, also not know what this four letter word means?

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 22, 2009, 03:03:57 PM

hippo-kritz

tool?

A mechanical device intended to make a task easier

Hey, that was great, but can you answer the question?
How is an iPod different than say a Zen, which costs less, does the same thing and is not marketed as heavily as the iPod?
I was directing more to Boid on this one. Not trying to start a pissing match with anyone, just making a point about the marketing and such driving the public to buy certain items. iPods make a great point.

Kids see something they think is cool and they want it. As adults, we see something cool and we want it too. That said, if the commercial shows a crap product in a very cool way, chances are, people will buy it. 

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 22, 2009, 03:05:40 PM

hippo-kritz

tool?

How is an iPod different than say a Zen, which costs less, does the same thing and is not marketed as heavily as the iPod?
I was directing more to Boid on this one. Not trying to start a pissing match with anyone, just making a point about the marketing and such driving the public to buy certain items. iPods make a great point.

Kids see something they think is cool and they want it. As adults, we see something cool and we want it too. That said, if the commercial shows a crap product in a very cool way, chances are, people will buy it.

But atleast the pod has a function,(plus its the EASIEST to use mp3 player... that counts for something).

Zhu Zhu Pets look like somthing you put catnip in.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 22, 2009, 03:11:07 PM

hippo-kritz

tool?

But atleast the pod has a function,(plus its the EASIEST to use mp3 player... that counts for something).

Zhu Zhu Pets look like somthing you put catnip in.

That's a much more valid argument. I'm not a fan of iPods or the entire Apple line simply because of their marketing. Not because they slam on Microsoft, that's funny actually. Tell me why every VW Bug owner has that stupid flower on the dash, an iPod in their pocket, an iPhone in their purse, and a Macbook in their home? Perceived status...

Kids see the Zhu Zhu pet as the greatest thing that all kids are going to want to have. So, they beg for one, hoping that they get one and little Suzy doesn't. Then they have instant status because they have one and little Suzy doesn't. 

#27 : December 22, 2009, 04:29:47 PM

wtf is a 3 year old gonna do with an Ipod?

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 22, 2009, 04:32:19 PM

what is a 3 year old gonna do with an Ipod?

What is a 3 year old gonna do with catnip? And BTW, the guy in your defense was the one who brought up the ipod.

#29 : December 22, 2009, 05:52:50 PM

what is a 3 year old gonna do with an Ipod?

What is a 3 year old gonna do with catnip? And BTW, the guy in your defense was the one who brought up the ipod.
Actually no, he wasn't saying the toy as pointless and kids shouldn't get it because of that. You were.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zhu Zhu pets « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools