Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zhu Zhu pets « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 22, 2009, 07:32:27 PM

There just isnt a point to have any anxiety over getting a toy for your kid..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#31 : December 22, 2009, 10:44:42 PM

some of the smartass comments in here about going out of your way to get a toy that your child really wants are amazing

I wonder how many of us had a sit-n-spin when we were kids. Same TV hype. How bout an Atari? Wait, let me venture to guess how many iPods are in this group..

hippo-kritz

iPod's are a great tool..

What is a kid going to do with a Zhu Zhu pet after 20 minutes?

tool?
Not sure what you mean by that. Like a calendar and such? Phones do that now, plus a whole lot more.

The Deinition of the word "Tool":

A mechanical device intended to make a task easier

Hey, that was great, but can you answer the question?
How is an iPod different than say a Zen, which costs less, does the same thing and is not marketed as heavily as the iPod?
I was directing more to Boid on this one. Not trying to start a pissing match with anyone, just making a point about the marketing and such driving the public to buy certain items. iPods make a great point.

Kids see something they think is cool and they want it. As adults, we see something cool and we want it too. That said, if the commercial shows a crap product in a very cool way, chances are, people will buy it. 

Dude, not to get too off topic but Zens are garbage. I had one and it locked up all the time until eventually just crapping out on me.

Maybe people do get iPods for "status", maybe they don't. But either way, they are getting best quality product out there when they do, and that is exactly why I bought mine and am still happy with it, 2 years later.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 23, 2009, 08:08:31 AM

For $10.00 my 3 year old loves his Izhuzhu, drives it everywhere.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 23, 2009, 09:53:58 AM

some of the smartass comments in here about going out of your way to get a toy that your child really wants are amazing

I wonder how many of us had a sit-n-spin when we were kids. Same TV hype. How bout an Atari? Wait, let me venture to guess how many iPods are in this group..

hippo-kritz

I grew up dirt poor.  We cherished anything we got for Christmas.  Though my kids have it a lot better financially, I still foster the "want what you have" mentality.  To boot, I've started teaching my youngest about giving at the holidays.  She LOVES the opportunity to be a "Santa's Helper" by delivering toys to needy kids.  I know the pressure as a parent to give in to the toy that's all the rage, but as I've noticed with my 5 yr old, these kids want every damn thing they see on TV.  The ads are directed specifically at them with the sole intent of having them bug the crap out of the parent until said parent caves.  Not in my house.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 23, 2009, 11:18:10 AM

hippo-kritz

I grew up dirt poor.  We cherished anything we got for Christmas.  Though my kids have it a lot better financially, I still foster the "want what you have" mentality.  To boot, I've started teaching my youngest about giving at the holidays.  She LOVES the opportunity to be a "Santa's Helper" by delivering toys to needy kids.  I know the pressure as a parent to give in to the toy that's all the rage, but as I've noticed with my 5 yr old, these kids want every damn thing they see on TV.  The ads are directed specifically at them with the sole intent of having them bug the crap out of the parent until said parent caves.  Not in my house.

+1

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zhu Zhu pets « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools