Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the improved play of the Defense cause Bucs to look Offense in 1st Round? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

: December 22, 2009, 11:55:44 AM

Just wondering.  The Bucs Defense has played much better since Raheem has took over.  I am still thinking Raheem and Dominik get one more year. 

Suh will most likely be gone and we will most likely be picking in the 3 to 5 range.  The Bucs will most likely lose AB in FA which I think is a mistake and the Bucs need to surround Freeman with talent to help him develop and I am assuming that both Crowell and Phillips come back next year.  A lot can change between now and April but I cant help to think that the Bucs may decide to look at a skill position on Offense in Round 1 ( I am sure they would love to trade down if at all possible) and focus on DL and CB in the 2nd round.  The only caveat is if there is an offensive player worth a pick in the 3-5 range.....

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 22, 2009, 12:03:25 PM

NO

DLINE!!!!!!!

SpeedyClaxton

Starter

#2 : December 22, 2009, 12:04:48 PM

Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller or Russel Okung if we cant get Suh or Berry

We shut down \\\\\\\" The Vet\\\\\\\" and we opened up Lincoln Financial with a bang!!!!

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 22, 2009, 12:05:27 PM

Started a thread about this very subject a while back but the board was "Suh" crazy and it got washed by. I think it's a very real possibility and there are some interesting players who should be available. My first choice would be McCoy though.

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=50714.0

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : December 22, 2009, 12:10:11 PM

Started a thread about this very subject a while back but the board was "Suh" crazy and it got washed by. I think it's a very real possibility and there are some interesting players who should be available. My first choice would be McCoy though.

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=50714.0

I agree about McCoy but I just have a feeling that he may go before we pick just like Suh and that the Bucs defense will play better against the Saints and good enough against the Falcons to win. 

I am not saying that the Bucs should pick Offense, I think they need to make sure they can get an immediate impact player with that pick regardless of which side of the ball.  However, Raheem's defense will continue to keep us competitive but offense sells tickets and the Bucs need someone to take some more pressure off Freeman

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 22, 2009, 12:17:54 PM

As long as Suh and McCoy are gone there are bunches of options for us.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 22, 2009, 12:19:26 PM

CJ Spiller please!

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : December 22, 2009, 12:24:02 PM

CJ Spiller please!

He is starting to grow one me as the Bucs dont have a single player with the speed and explosiveness to go the distance every time he touches the ball.  I think that we would need to trade down to nab him but he make also shoot up the draft.  It will be easier to have these conversions in a couple of weeks!

Larry Brackins

Starter
#8 : December 22, 2009, 12:25:00 PM

No.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 22, 2009, 12:27:19 PM

Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller or Russel Okung if we cant get Suh or Berry
THIS to a T... except... add McCoy there too.

My order goes as such:
Suh
Berry
McCoy
Bryant
Spiller
Okung

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 22, 2009, 12:41:55 PM

Raheem is just doing a job with mixing up coverages and blitzes, but teams will catch onto it eventually with more game film.

We just need more talent on the defense plain and simple. Hovan is a veteran who has good technique and doesn't make too many mistakes, but he just doesn't have the physical ability to make plays and it doesn't help that he's getting older either. Sims just isn't that great, he came into the league a good prospect, but he never got down the technique, he gets off the snap later than anyone else, and two guys move him pretty far so that guards can pull and get on LBs. We need a dominating DT to make things work.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 22, 2009, 12:43:45 PM

CJ Spiller will be the new Chris Johnson, the guy is a freak'n match-up nightmare with the ability to go the distance on any play.

I would cream myself if we got him

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 22, 2009, 01:08:29 PM

Raheem is just doing a job with mixing up coverages and blitzes, but teams will catch onto it eventually with more game film.

We just need more talent on the defense plain and simple. Hovan is a veteran who has good technique and doesn't make too many mistakes, but he just doesn't have the physical ability to make plays and it doesn't help that he's getting older either. Sims just isn't that great, he came into the league a good prospect, but he never got down the technique, he gets off the snap later than anyone else, and two guys move him pretty far so that guards can pull and get on LBs. We need a dominating DT to make things work.

well said, we're back to latter-day kiffin stuff, scheming to paper over the cracks of a talent-starved unit.  we need at least 1 but probably 2 stallions on the d-line, and that will help our back 7 play better and our offense to score more due to field position....freeman has alot of things to work on, but since he began playing the bucs have been excellent when they inherit good starting field position.

i think a free agent WR or 2 is a given with bryant leaving and clayton proving his uselessness, we can draft a playmaking WR in rounds 2 or 3 if the value is there, but i could live with the RB, OL, QB, and TE positions as is going into 2010....it's a great luxury to have a home run back, but i'd rather have a guy who can bang out 3-5 yards with every touch and force extra guys into the box.

our lack of talent on the d-line is taking opportunities away from some pretty talented players in the back 7, and it has a carryover to our offensive performance in the form of playing from behind early and losing the field position battle.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 22, 2009, 01:25:02 PM

^^^

Bryant leaving?  Haven't read that.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 22, 2009, 01:51:03 PM

stan, i'll have to go check when i have time, but i'm pretty sure i read that on this site...i found this in the Free Fab 5 PR released, but i thought i saw something even more definitive about them not being comfortable paying him what he'd expect since they haven't seen enough due to injury and he shoots off to the press quite a bit

Beset with an injured knee and an open mouth, it looks like Dominik made the right call on not signing mercurial wide receiver Antonio Bryant to a long-term deal. Bryant hasn’t come close to earning the $9.88 million he was awarded in the offseason as the team’s franchise player, but to be fair, the production of Tampa Bay’s top receiver has been stymied by his ailing knee and the fact that he’s had to play with three quarterbacks this season, including two very inexperienced ones in Johnson and Freeman.

When Bryant is healthy and productive, he’s a huge asset. When he’s not, he is prone to irritate the coaches and front office by spouting off to the media, as he did on Wednesday. Dominik will have some other big decisions to make in the offseason regarding Bryant. Is he worth keeping or not? And if he’s deemed a keeper, how much should he get paid based on his sub-par production? If he’s not deemed a keeper, who can he be replaced with so that Freeman has a legit go-to guy other than Kellen Winslow?

i'm sure greg olson doesn't like him spouting off with his analysis after every sub-par outing
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the improved play of the Defense cause Bucs to look Offense in 1st Round? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools