Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the improved play of the Defense cause Bucs to look Offense in 1st Round? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #15 : December 22, 2009, 01:54:43 PM »

Bryant's also probably the best realistic WR in FA for other teams as well so he'd be getting better offers than he usually would. Marshall and Vincent Jackson are RFAs if I remember correctly and it's not like their teams would let them go either way. Alot of teams still need receiving options and Bryant's the best veteran. Same thing happened with Clayton last year, Seattle needed receivers and they would have paid Clayton alot so we had to give him the contract to stay.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #16 : December 22, 2009, 01:55:40 PM »

In the end the draft value is going to run  heavily on defense in the area the Bucs pick.Other than maybe some QB's the only guy projected right now to be a top 5 pick on offense is Okung so I'd think the odds are we go defense because of value and need.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #17 : December 22, 2009, 02:00:51 PM »

In the end the draft value is going to run  heavily on defense in the area the Bucs pick.Other than maybe some QB's the only guy projected right now to be a top 5 pick on offense is Okung so I'd think the odds are we go defense because of value and need.

I think a trade down is a lot more likely.  MD seems to understand the draft and trades, and I just dont see the Glazer's spending on a top 5 pick again. 

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #18 : December 22, 2009, 02:06:11 PM »

I'm on the BPA bandwagon, whomever that may be - position doesn't matter (except QB, of course).

I'm enamored with Spiller but I understand that #3 may be too high for him. Frankly, I think the kid is an AP/Chris Johnson type football player and a weapon the Bucs desperately need on offense.

I'm still not on the Dez Bryant bandwagon - I just don't really see much special about him.

It's not like Desean Jackson - we all saw the skills but worried about the attitude. Instead, we got the CB with attitude (don't get me wrong, i'm glad we have Talib).

I'm just not sure if I've seen enough of Dez to say he's a bonifide player at the NFL level, although I'll admit, I haven't seen too many of his games.

I watched a lot of Clemson this year (don't ask me why, they always seemed to be on) and every time I've watched a game, Spiller had an "oh wow" moment.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

« #19 : December 22, 2009, 03:32:53 PM »

Raheem is just doing a job with mixing up coverages and blitzes, but teams will catch onto it eventually with more game film.

We just need more talent on the defense plain and simple. Hovan is a veteran who has good technique and doesn't make too many mistakes, but he just doesn't have the physical ability to make plays and it doesn't help that he's getting older either. Sims just isn't that great, he came into the league a good prospect, but he never got down the technique, he gets off the snap later than anyone else, and two guys move him pretty far so that guards can pull and get on LBs. We need a dominating DT to make things work.

Good point.  It may come down to who needs to be replaced immediately and who we can keep for one more year as a stop gap and the value of the pick (ie: 3rd compared to 5th or trade down)

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

« #20 : December 22, 2009, 03:40:03 PM »

In the end the draft value is going to run  heavily on defense in the area the Bucs pick.Other than maybe some QB's the only guy projected right now to be a top 5 pick on offense is Okung so I'd think the odds are we go defense because of value and need.

I agree with that and Okung isnt really a true position of need unless we let Penn walk.  However, if Suh and McCoy are gone and we dont want to take a safety like Berry that high, then I think it turns to the offensive side of the ball

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #21 : December 22, 2009, 04:40:05 PM »

In the end the draft value is going to run �heavily on defense in the area the Bucs pick.Other than maybe some QB's the only guy projected right now to be a top 5 pick on offense is Okung so I'd think the odds are we go defense because of value and need.

I think Okung is the Gaines Adams of this draft.  He's the shiniest turd in an extremely average/weak positional class like Adams was in his DE class.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

« #22 : December 22, 2009, 10:27:29 PM »

The Bucs need help at almost every position, take the best players available.  If they over think things, we'll end up with 7 QB's and no line to protect them.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
« #23 : December 22, 2009, 10:37:01 PM »

Just wondering. The Bucs Defense has played much better since Raheem has took over. I am still thinking Raheem and Dominik get one more year.

Suh will most likely be gone and we will most likely be picking in the 3 to 5 range. The Bucs will most likely lose AB in FA which I think is a mistake and the Bucs need to surround Freeman with talent to help him develop and I am assuming that both Crowell and Phillips come back next year. A lot can change between now and April but I cant help to think that the Bucs may decide to look at a skill position on Offense in Round 1 ( I am sure they would love to trade down if at all possible) and focus on DL and CB in the 2nd round. The only caveat is if there is an offensive player worth a pick in the 3-5 range.....

Unlike a lot people on here who would flip the hell out with a pick not on the DL, I'd be completely satisfied -- should Suh not be there -- with a high end playmaker should one be available. The only issue I have is I can't think of a guy that's going to warrant that high of a pick. I'm a fan of some of the WR that would more than likely be there for our high end 2, but I haven't seen anyone that just jumps out for the 1st. That said, I wonder if CJ Spiller when its all said and done doesn't hop real high up on some boards. No, I'm not advocating that we take him, but I bet it will be a thought because he's Chris Johnson-esque, and that dude is a straight up homerun hitter.  But who knows. I'm still not completely sold that if we have the second pick we won't be able to get Suh. The only surefire way we don't get him is if the Lions are ahead of us.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 22, 2009, 10:46:24 PM »

CJ Spiller is a SS clone, if not better. They guy is just a fast-break playmaker. I'd be happy with him if there isn't Berry or Suh left. Especially if Bryant doesn't get paid.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 23, 2009, 08:01:27 AM »

I think Okung is the Gaines Adams of this draft.  He's the shiniest turd in an extremely average/weak positional class like Adams was in his DE class.

So were Jake Long and Joe Thomas according to so many. People just hate drafting tackles but I'm sure we'll see plenty of WR hype grow over the next month - and heck Spiller is the same "sizzle" player as a WR so I guess that might count this year.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucsense

Practice Squad

« #26 : December 23, 2009, 08:17:23 AM »

Why not draft offense? Or does everyone think we have a lot of keepers already? We have 2, maybe 3 at best. Winslow, Freeman, and possibly Bryant. This team needs a lot of help folks.......

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 23, 2009, 08:28:07 AM »

Can Penn play RT? If he can I'd be a lot more comfortable with Okung. Trueblood plays like a backup so we might as well make him one.

If we're picking offense at #3 it has to be an OT. If we trade down a few spots then the "sizzle" players would be fine.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #28 : December 23, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »

I recall the thinking at the time 2007 was a great class for DE's. Much better than this year.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #29 : December 23, 2009, 10:13:03 AM »

I think Okung is the Gaines Adams of this draft.� He's the shiniest turd in an extremely average/weak positional class like Adams was in his DE class.

So were Jake Long and Joe Thomas according to so many.

I don't recall that.

And I would be all for drafting a franchise LT, I'm just not sure Okung is that guy.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the improved play of the Defense cause Bucs to look Offense in 1st Round? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools