Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have contacted Cowher « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

#15 : December 27, 2009, 10:08:26 AM

i wouldn't get too happy about Cowart...  any HC we get would have to CUT 80% of this team who have no business being NFL starters...  it's not going to matter.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 27, 2009, 10:11:56 AM

Bet we have a little more talent than many here think.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Booker

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 27, 2009, 10:14:15 AM

We do. It is funny reading stupid things like that

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 27, 2009, 10:14:27 AM

Lets hope the Glazers dont screw this up like they did with the Parcells-Dungy situation.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 27, 2009, 10:16:41 AM

What a great thing to wake up too!!

I am with you Chazz! o.O

Orangegone1

Starter

#20 : December 27, 2009, 10:23:07 AM

i wouldn't get too happy about Cowart... any HC we get would have to CUT 80% of this team who have no business being NFL starters... it's not going to matter.

Wasn't Sam Cowart a LB. When did he start coaching? And I think he would only have to cut about 50% of the team.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 27, 2009, 10:23:25 AM

What a great thing to wake up too!!

I am with you Chazz! o.O

as am I

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 27, 2009, 10:23:58 AM

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 27, 2009, 10:26:46 AM

Well we'd have to sign a bunch of 3-4 personnel in the off-season. The Broncos did it but to cover their lack of talent they brought in elite coaching(Mike Nolan).

Not sure who would be the new D-coordinator.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 27, 2009, 10:27:23 AM

Can't say I am suprised.

What has Raheem done to make anyone think he will make significant strides in 2010?

I have seen nary a sign of improvement.  The team was/is bush league.

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#25 : December 27, 2009, 10:30:49 AM

Leave it to the Glazers .....I bet they blow it , Morris gets fired, he goes on to be a D-cood somewhere and we end up with a bargin bin coach .

It's good news I think , just don't like the timing .

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 27, 2009, 10:34:03 AM

Leave it to the Glazers .....I bet they blow it , Morris gets fired, he goes on to be a D-cood somewhere and we end up with a bargin bin coach .

Same thing with Dungy. They were screwing around with Parcells a month before the season was over.

Because this leaked, they basically have no choice now but to fire Morris. What are they going to do? Keep Morris after they went behind his back to try to find a replacement?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 27, 2009, 10:34:46 AM

Read the article. It says the Glazers are willing to pay top price for a "big name" head coach. That in itself is a breakthrough. I think this year's attendance gave them a crystal clear message.

Damn, I don't know how to feel. I'm saddened that Urban is leaving the Gators but I'm thrilled to hear the Bucs are going after Cowher.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 27, 2009, 10:35:47 AM

Read the article. It says the Glazers are willing to pay top price for a "big name" head coach. That in itself is a breakthrough. I think this year's attendance gave them a crystal clear message.

Good point!

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#29 : December 27, 2009, 10:39:16 AM

On top of that Florio seems to think(and I agree with him) that this might just be smoke screen on Cowher's part to get on with another team florio thinks Panthers I'd bet Cowboys.

Or maybe give the appearance to fans they're WILLING to spend big?

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have contacted Cowher « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools