Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have contacted Cowher « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 27, 2009, 10:40:36 AM

I don't really believe this. IMO, this is most likely to drive his price up. Maybe make Carolina a little more interested?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 27, 2009, 10:41:54 AM

Or maybe give the appearance to fans they're WILLING to spend big?
Indeed...like they did with Haynesworth.  It is all about the g'teed cash.  Redskins offered more REAL money, not potential salary...

They did show they are willing to overpay for a stone handed, dud, big mouth wide receiver who again is hurt.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 27, 2009, 10:42:08 AM

Oh please Cowher cometh to send Morris and Olson packing!

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 27, 2009, 10:42:29 AM

All the draftniks might have to start looking at 3-4 players.
Terrance Cody anyone?

Or how about McClain?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 27, 2009, 10:43:41 AM

Terrance Cody anyone?

Or how about McClain?

Yes please!!!!

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 27, 2009, 10:43:56 AM

Id be happy if this happens.. But im not excited for the repercussion of this move NOT happening...

And BTW people act like Carolina is so much more of an attractive situation for Cowher... I disagree.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 27, 2009, 10:44:14 AM

On top of that Florio seems to think(and I agree with him) that this might just be smoke screen on Cowher's part to get on with another team florio thinks Panthers I'd bet Cowboys.

Or maybe give the appearance to fans they're WILLING to spend big?

Appearance my behind....you don't go to Bill Cowher and ask if he's interested for just appearances. Then if he has a number you don't want, you go back to your own head coach and say, "hey, we believe in you."

This is an obvious sign that Raheem is done and the Bucs are looking to invigorate the fanbase with their next move. Add to that the $24 mill they just pocketed from selling a home they never use - this could be their way of bringing the Bucs back.

I'd love it - I've always admired Cowher's style and his teams have always been in contention for championships (even though they just won one). I just hope he has the passion for football he once did after being out this long.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 27, 2009, 10:46:11 AM

People in this area getting their hopes up just like they did for Favre, Cutler, Jason Bay (Rays fans), Cliff Lee (Rays fans). etc etc etc

I've grown accustomed to things like this never happening to my teams, don't get your hopes up folks. :D Trying not to be a debbie downer, just someone who weighs in the fact that Tampa has crappy luck for the most part.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 27, 2009, 10:46:31 AM

Would shocked if it was Cowher.

As limited as our skills are on defense with the 4-3 and Tampa2 hybrid, who do we have to play a 3-4.

So just add a few more years of not being able to do anything on the defense.

For those reasons, Cowher would shock me. Carolina is better suited for what he wants to do. I tend to agree with conrad77-there would be less upheaval.

Final analysis, I'll only believe it if it happens. This is only the beginning of what I expect to read from now till a decision is made by the Glazers and announced by them.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 27, 2009, 10:47:04 AM

Id be happy if this happens.. But im not excited for the repercussion of this move NOT happening...

And BTW people act like Carolina is so much more of an attractive situation for Cowher... I disagree.

It is his home.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 27, 2009, 10:49:35 AM

It is his home.

That helps.(didn't know that)

But with the exception of that, and maybe better personnell to run a 3-4 on defense.. I d say Tampa would be preferable.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 27, 2009, 10:50:16 AM

I don't really believe this. IMO, this is most likely to drive his price up. Maybe make Carolina a little more interested?

Carolina wont have the money to outbid the Glazers. Not even close.

Florio is operating under the assumption that the Glazers dont want to spend any money.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 27, 2009, 10:51:06 AM

Terrance Cody anyone?

Or how about McClain?

Yes please!!!!
How about both

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 27, 2009, 10:51:26 AM

Carolina wont have the money to outbid the Glazers. Not even close.

Florio is operating under the assumption that the Glazers dont want to spend any money.

+1

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 27, 2009, 10:51:37 AM

Terrance Cody anyone?

Or how about McClain?

Yes please!!!!
How about both

Yes please!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have contacted Cowher « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools