Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Not be fooled by this win « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

Garv

Hall of Famer
: December 28, 2009, 09:14:15 AM

I'm just a fan who enjoys seeing progress and winning a football game on Sunday.
I saw both yesterday and will have to side with those who see these as positives.

I wonder if anyone paying for a ticket will actually root to lose next Sunday so we get a higher draft pick or that our young HC is more likely to get fired in their eyes (he won't be anyway)? Thankfully, I seriously doubt it.

Just a damn good fan looking forward to the future................

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Ludicrous Speed

Starter
#1 : December 28, 2009, 02:26:50 AM

The Bucs did not take a step forward today.  They took a step backward and did a disservice to their fans by creating an impression that some will believe to be a light way down at the end of that dark tunnel.  Their path veers backward because if enough people are mislead by a seemingly good outcome of today’s game, the less pressure there will be to throw off the chains of a dysfunctional and inept coaching staff / front office.

It’s amazing to see how much giddiness has been running rampant as a result of today’s win.  I suppose the feelings of endless desperation this team has inspired in many causes them to latch onto any aberration that may lead them to believe that they are once again back on the yellow brick road. 

It was just two weeks ago that the Bucs played one of the worst games in their entire history – and that’s saying a lot!  Not only had the Bucs returned to being a national punch line, but you had the analysts who broadcast the games revealing the Chinese Fire Drill style of coaching, leadership and practicing.  Of course we already had a pretty good idea of these goings on locally, having experienced them through the season.

But all it took to lead many to believe that perhaps those running things at One Buc Place perhaps were wearing clothes after all, was to win a game against a really bad Seahawks team (by the way, how’d THEY fare today – oh, yeah – got the snot beat out of them 48-10), and to win an anomaly today against the Saints.  This was a game where the Bucs’ offense scored TEN points in 60 minutes of regulation play.  But then at the end we were able to tie on a single play by the unit led neither by Olson nor Morris, but by a coach who may not even be here after this season, when the Saints’ special teams’ coverage broke down.  Still, the Saints were able to push our defense right back down the field like teams have in so many other games this season.  Don’t get me wrong – I give Morris credit for what he’s done with the defense for the most part against all those backup quarterbacks he’s faced since he’s taken over – Defensive Coordinator is what Morris should rightfully be at this stage of his career.  Nevertheless, his defense got pushed down the field and we should have lost the game if not for a fluke by their kicker.  It was only his first career miss inside of fifty yards and he was 21 out of 21 up until that point.  Let’s face it:  37 yards is pretty much a gimme for any NFL kicker who’s not on his way out of the league.

So let’s be honest.  Would so many be fawning over Morris & Olson if he had made a kick that he’s made 95% of the time so far?  Does a win against a hapless Seahawks team a week earlier make you forget all about the disgrace surrounding the Jets debacle the week before that?  It surely shouldn’t if you take this lucky, lucky avoidance of loss out of the equation.   

Meet the new bossSame as the old boss

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 28, 2009, 02:35:07 AM

I am with ya.

This team still suks a bag of turdy rocks.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 28, 2009, 02:48:03 AM

False hope will make you punch drunk.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 28, 2009, 02:48:54 AM

Yup.

And bashing Haynesworth in a thread, and hiding your motives behind it make you a boner.

that goes in an anus.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 28, 2009, 02:51:32 AM

I agree. But dont try telling everyone else here that. The Seahawks are an awful, awful team that has completely collapsed. The Saints are not playing up to par recently and probably took us lightly. They beat the holy hell out of the Patriots (and us the first time around) but they nearly lost to the Redskins and Rams. So don't view this win as that big of a win as many are making it out to be.

I was was against the Raheem hiring the minute it happened. I predicted a 4-12 season and was laughed at for being so pessimistic at the time. Raheem may very well finish 4-12 which is exactly what I though he would do. And that's not enough in my mind to keep him. We fired Gruden because of mediocrity. Now we are suddenly going to accept a coach that goes 4-12, blew up his coaching staff, runs horrible practices (according to Rich Gannon), and continues to make bonehead coaching errors week in and week out. All because he has one good game against a team that was overlooking us?

If Morris returns, I cant say at this point that I would renew my season tickets. And I dont know many people that sit around me that would either. It's just too much money in this economy for the product on the field.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 28, 2009, 03:38:07 AM

I am not sold on the Rah era.

Just hours ago, the rumors of Cowher being contacted ignited this board.  I think most of us would be happy to see that happen.   Cowher to the Bucs that is.

Face it, this team won by a punt return from a guy who just got signed...wow.  For whatever reason, that Saints squad did not look the same.  And I doubt it is because of the effective nature of the Bucs defense.

I would love Cowher to be in Tampa.  The rumors were made, perhaps they hold a bell of truth.  I hope so.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 28, 2009, 04:12:18 AM

Jesus Christ...I can tell you guys are the life of the party. Cyber you must be a real fun guy to hang around (Negative Threads are all you do)

Nobody can enjoy a win around here. Dont get me wrong, I want Raheem gone as a HC, but I would keep him a DC.

You guys are "life long Bucs fans"....this isn't exactly a franchise ripe with winning tradition. We have 1 Superbowl when we had a window to win about 3.

You all need to stop having your panties twisted and enjoy a win.

CAROLINABUC

Starter

#8 : December 28, 2009, 04:20:03 AM

Stupid thread. Make a thread about how much the Bucs fudged up by not getting Jay Cutler and Albert Haynesworthless

Losing is not a option

Balls Out

Starter
#9 : December 28, 2009, 04:54:44 AM

To say that this win was a step backward for the team rather than a step forward is 100% wrong...it's only a step backward for the "fans" wanting Raheem out and Cowher in. 

It's the players job to win the games on the field, it's the coaches job to put them in the best possible position to do so. Chalk boards and speeches do NOT teach players how to win/finish games, that's ONLY done with on the field experience. I will admit that some of Rahs decisions haven't always put the players in the best possible position to win, but guess what, that comes with experience too. And lets be honest, the owners didn't exactly do their part after choosing co-ordinators that ran schemes that guarenteed the opposite of "best possible position".

So if you're a fan of this team you have to be at the very least optimistic about the future, because this young group of players are starting to learn what it takes to win in the NFL, in 2 of the tougher away stadiums no less...that is the very definition of a step forward.
And sorry to pi$$ on the "fire Raheem, hire Cowher" parade, but Raheem looks like he's learning what he needs to do as a coach to help this team win games too and IMO it would be a mistake to give up on him now.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

donny77

Starter

#10 : December 28, 2009, 05:27:36 AM

We fired Gruden because of mediocrity. Now we are suddenly going to accept a coach that goes 4-12, blew up his coaching staff, runs horrible practices (according to Rich Gannon), and continues to make bonehead coaching errors week in and week out. All because he has one good game against a team that was overlooking us?

That is completely not true.  Gruden was fired because of the lack of young talent.  Young talent sells jerseys and tickets.  Mediocrity was part of it for sure, 9-7 is bearable when you are building a team at the start of a "SB window."  Problem was the Bucs were on the wrong side of 30 trying to use free agency to extend a window rather than create a new one.

In my opinion, it's obvious the Glazers' wanted a younger team.  Was there no interest from Morris or Dominick in guys like Chris McAlister or Jason Taylor.  Hard to believe there was no interest.  I think the plan was no over 30 period.  I think that came from ownership.  Adding one or two vets could have changed this season a lot.  IMHO, teaching some of these young guys how to be a pro and want to win is part of the reason we have 12 losses.  The fact we have 3 wins, and where they have come, is the coaches finally getting through.  That doesn't mean they are bad coaches, it means it took the players a while to "buy in."

Now the Morris hiring has long been labeled a monetary thing by the naysayers.  I will say this with 100% certainty and irony.  If Morris is fired, it will have nothing to do with a plan, coaching ability, potential, or wins next season.  It will have to do with money.  If Morris is perceived to lower season ticket sells, and merchandise sales, Cowher will replace him.  If the Glazers believe they made the right call last year to get younger, build through the draft, and create a dynasty, then they should stay the course.

Does that mean Cowher will not build a dynasty?  Not at all.  But know this there will be growing pains to a Cowher system.  While we may win more than 4 game next season, I doubt we win more than keeping Morris.  We will have a last place schedule.  Improving team and new players.  We should be in for a 8-8, 9-7 season WITH Morris.  Cowher will do no better in his first season.  Now if Morris can't get 8-8 next year, I'll jump on the fire him bandwagon.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#11 : December 28, 2009, 06:09:04 AM

Quincy Black says, "We're Number One"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 28, 2009, 06:19:19 AM

The Bucs did not take a step forward today. They took a step backward and did a disservice to their fans by creating an impression that some will believe to be a light way down at the end of that dark tunnel. Their path veers backward because if enough people are mislead by a seemingly good outcome of today’s game, the less pressure there will be to throw off the chains of a dysfunctional and inept coaching staff / front office.

It’s amazing to see how much giddiness has been running rampant as a result of today’s win. I suppose the feelings of endless desperation this team has inspired in many causes them to latch onto any aberration that may lead them to believe that they are once again back on the yellow brick road.

It was just two weeks ago that the Bucs played one of the worst games in their entire history – and that’s saying a lot! Not only had the Bucs returned to being a national punch line, but you had the analysts who broadcast the games revealing the Chinese Fire Drill style of coaching, leadership and practicing. Of course we already had a pretty good idea of these goings on locally, having experienced them through the season.

But all it took to lead many to believe that perhaps those running things at One Buc Place perhaps were wearing clothes after all, was to win a game against a really bad Seahawks team (by the way, how’d THEY fare today – oh, yeah – got the snot beat out of them 48-10), and to win an anomaly today against the Saints. This was a game where the Bucs’ offense scored TEN points in 60 minutes of regulation play. But then at the end we were able to tie on a single play by the unit led neither by Olson nor Morris, but by a coach who may not even be here after this season, when the Saints’ special teams’ coverage broke down. Still, the Saints were able to push our defense right back down the field like teams have in so many other games this season. Don’t get me wrong – I give Morris credit for what he’s done with the defense for the most part against all those backup quarterbacks he’s faced since he’s taken over – Defensive Coordinator is what Morris should rightfully be at this stage of his career. Nevertheless, his defense got pushed down the field and we should have lost the game if not for a fluke by their kicker. It was only his first career miss inside of fifty yards and he was 21 out of 21 up until that point. Let’s face it: 37 yards is pretty much a gimme for any NFL kicker who’s not on his way out of the league.

So let’s be honest. Would so many be fawning over Morris & Olson if he had made a kick that he’s made 95% of the time so far? Does a win against a hapless Seahawks team a week earlier make you forget all about the disgrace surrounding the Jets debacle the week before that? It surely shouldn’t if you take this lucky, lucky avoidance of loss out of the equation.

Nominated for Post of the Year.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 28, 2009, 06:24:03 AM

..... but I would keep him a DC.

Come on Navy-  no organization would do that, and no self respecting coach would accept that demotion in the same organization.  Can you remember any organization doing that unless they said the head coach was going to be an interim head coach, which Radio wasn't.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#14 : December 28, 2009, 06:48:51 AM

The Bucs did not take a step forward today. They took a step backward and did a disservice to their fans by creating an impression that some will believe to be a light way down at the end of that dark tunnel. Their path veers backward because if enough people are mislead by a seemingly good outcome of today’s game, the less pressure there will be to throw off the chains of a dysfunctional and inept coaching staff / front office.

It’s amazing to see how much giddiness has been running rampant as a result of today’s win. I suppose the feelings of endless desperation this team has inspired in many causes them to latch onto any aberration that may lead them to believe that they are once again back on the yellow brick road.

It was just two weeks ago that the Bucs played one of the worst games in their entire history – and that’s saying a lot! Not only had the Bucs returned to being a national punch line, but you had the analysts who broadcast the games revealing the Chinese Fire Drill style of coaching, leadership and practicing. Of course we already had a pretty good idea of these goings on locally, having experienced them through the season.

But all it took to lead many to believe that perhaps those running things at One Buc Place perhaps were wearing clothes after all, was to win a game against a really bad Seahawks team (by the way, how’d THEY fare today – oh, yeah – got the snot beat out of them 48-10), and to win an anomaly today against the Saints. This was a game where the Bucs’ offense scored TEN points in 60 minutes of regulation play. But then at the end we were able to tie on a single play by the unit led neither by Olson nor Morris, but by a coach who may not even be here after this season, when the Saints’ special teams’ coverage broke down. Still, the Saints were able to push our defense right back down the field like teams have in so many other games this season. Don’t get me wrong – I give Morris credit for what he’s done with the defense for the most part against all those backup quarterbacks he’s faced since he’s taken over – Defensive Coordinator is what Morris should rightfully be at this stage of his career. Nevertheless, his defense got pushed down the field and we should have lost the game if not for a fluke by their kicker. It was only his first career miss inside of fifty yards and he was 21 out of 21 up until that point. Let’s face it: 37 yards is pretty much a gimme for any NFL kicker who’s not on his way out of the league.

So let’s be honest. Would so many be fawning over Morris & Olson if he had made a kick that he’s made 95% of the time so far? Does a win against a hapless Seahawks team a week earlier make you forget all about the disgrace surrounding the Jets debacle the week before that? It surely shouldn’t if you take this lucky, lucky avoidance of loss out of the equation.

Nominated for Post of the Year.

If anything it shows how "STUPID"  they have been all year  "NOT" being committed to the run with  bad Quarterbacking........splitting time with Ward and Williams....not using what appears to be, and what  the pundits  thought would be a strength of the team, running the freaking ball..................just like the guys on Joebucsfan have been saying,  not too far away from a good run game.......

Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Not be fooled by this win « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools